View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Says the poster whose nation's government is, literally, on the brink of collapse.

I thought nation-bashing was against the rules here?

No? He does it time after time and nothing is ever done.

I'll take an infraction on the chin for the Brits.

Fuck off you Belgian cunt.
    How courageous. He still has a point, though. British domestic politics blames everything on the EU and tries to use the EU as leverage for domestic topics. This isn't a secret, it's something your fellow Brits have explained to us. Acting all surprised and butthurt won't change that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    How courageous. He still has a point, though. British domestic politics blames everything on the EU and tries to use the EU as leverage for domestic topics. This isn't a secret, it's something your fellow Brits have explained to us. Acting all surprised and butthurt won't change that.
    He’s trolling, Slant.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    He’s trolling, Slant.
    be that as it may, he still has a point.

You need to play nice with your neighbor if you want to be invited to their barbecue party. Even if you don't like their home design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    be that as it may, he still has a point.

You need to play nice with your neighbor if you want to be invited to their barbecue party. Even if you don't like their home design.
    Is this wind up Nigel night tonight?

I think it’s abundantly clear that I will not be sharing sausages with Acidbaron.
    Last edited by Nigel Tufnel; 2018-12-10 at 08:54 AM.

He’s trolling, Slant.
    That may be, but he still has a valid point.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    That may be, but he still has a valid point.
    He had a valid point the first time. Maybe the tenth time. Not the 100th time....

A shocking new video has been leaked....

He had a valid point the first time. Maybe the tenth time. Not the 100th time....
    Oh that's good. Can I use it when someone whines about Germany and WW2 again? :P

I don't think Acidbaron is bashing the nation/people of UK as much as the behavior of the various UK governments, particularly as regards the EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh that's good. Can I use it when someone whines about Germany and WW2 again? :P
    Lol Yes, ofc, but in fairness who mentions WW2 other than nutters on the fringe / gutter journalism?

Has anyone in this thread gone full Basil Fawlty other than Dribbles?

Lol Yes, ofc, but in fairness who mentions WW2 other than nutters on the fringe / gutter journalism?

Has anyone in this thread gone full Basil Fawlty other than Dribbles?
    There were some. In the first 100 pages or so some people have suggested that Germany would now take over the EU and subjugate everyone in a fascist wet's dream. "Some", though, not all. I think it was a response to the bitterness we expressed over the whole deal. A bitterness that we have learned to suppress for the sake of politeness. Dribs and his likes can break through the surface once in a while, but at least I can quench it relatively quickly again.

Though, admittedly, a certain "well, fuck off then, see if we care" is always a tiny part of my sentiment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Lieutenant or LEFtenant?

Muhuhahaha.
    English is really fucking weird sometimes isn't it.
    Speciation Is Gradual

OK... so it looks like Tuesday will result in a failed vote, and May will have a really bad day.

What exactly does "No Deal" mean? UK is out of the EU but … well what happens with all of the trading that has been happening for … decades? What happens to Ireland and the "hard border"? And when is UK officially out of the EU?

I can't believe it really seems to be happening like this. I've been purposely not paying too much attention to the details of what "No Deal" really means because I … did not want to believe it would really happen.

Maybe Dribbles made this option sound so much worse than it will actually be. I just can't get my head around this.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2018-12-10 at 06:59 AM.

A bitterness that we have learned to suppress for the sake of politeness.
    You're really getting the hang of being British, guess something productive came out of this after all :P

On a more serious note; confirmation that article 50 can be unilaterally revoked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    OK... so it looks like Tuesday will result in a failed vote, and May will have a really bad day.

What exactly does "No Deal" mean? UK is out of the EU but … well what happens with all of the trading that has been happening for … decades? What happens to Ireland and the "hard border"? And when is UK officially out of the EU?

I can't believe it really seems to be happening like this. I've been purposely not paying too much attention to the details of what "No Deal" really means because I … did not want to believe it would really happen.

Maybe Dribbles made this option sound so much worse than it will actually be. I just can't get my head around this.
    In a No Deal the UK will be out 29th of march 11 pm.

For everything else ask dribbs, he should know all the answers to questions regarding "No Deal".
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    In a No Deal the UK will be out 29th of march 11 pm.

For everything else ask dribbs, he should know all the answers to questions regarding "No Deal".

I see. So 3 and a half months to work out a lot of details.

These will be quite stressful times for a lot of people. And it sounds like there is no way that UK could put together a let's get back into the EU plan by then, even if they wanted to. As divided as the country seems to be on this issue, I can't see anyone even TRYING to move forward with this.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see. So 3 and a half months to work out a lot of details.

These will be quite stressful times for a lot of people. And it sounds like there is no way that UK could put together a let's get back into the EU plan by then, even if they wanted to. As divided as the country seems to be on this issue, I can't see anyone even TRYING to move forward with this.
    Details? What details?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

ECJ has ruled the UK can unilaterally decide to cancel Brexit.

7+ Year Old Account

What's wrong with no further payments to the EU and as a result tax cuts, public spending up?

http://www.politeia.co.uk/how-to-tak...-john-redwood/

And don't forget that £39bn we retain to spend on us.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    What's wrong with no further payments to the EU and as a result tax cuts, public spending up?

http://www.politeia.co.uk/how-to-tak...-john-redwood/

And don't forget that £39bn we retain to spend on us.
    Shall I point out to you the flaws and contradictions from just the first few pages or do you want to keep believing?