Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Choices are meaningful? You new? It's an illusion! It all leads to the same result. They only do it cause they don't want ppl bitching.. Any RPG in the last 20 years has more story choice than WoW.....it's a single line narrative don't get your hopes up cause you gotta slight difference of flavor. Like I said they are only catering to the sylvanas lovers/haters.
    It's a poll. The story will take one direction, or another. There will be winners and losers. The community will have colletively made a choice about how the story should unfold. If this is actually what they are experimenting with, this could be a cool new dawn for the game. Or not, who knows. But I like to think it will matter what you choose, in the indirect sense that they will go with whatever most people opted for, at least if it's very very clear like 70-30 or more.

I hope everyone siding with Sylvanas will be executed as war criminals when she becomes a raid boss.
    And by executed i mean their character permanently deleted.
    Now THAT would be a real refreshing story experience

5+ Year Old Account
    Wow posibility of choice! Nice, can’t jest wait!

The problem with this whole Saurfang narrative is that to the player there's very few that question Sylvanas' actions within the Horde, besides boringfuck Baine. Like we don't get the perspectives of the average peon or grunt and there's no appearance of dissension within the ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It's great that we're finally getting choices. Though personally I won't be doing this quest. I'm not interested in serving either Saurfang and his Alliance puppet masters or Sylvanas. I wish they'd kept the third option in-game so I could say screw it to both of them.
    Some people are just....

it's a good thing to have choice, hopefully it will matter in the future and not force me to fight Sylvanas anyway

I think the game could benefit from decisions being meaningful and permanent. Character defining. Perhaps with each major choice, a direction of storytelling. I would certainly feel like my character is on a unique path of his own, even within the greater story and while still being a horde member. It would feel like he's is collecting his backstory with each decision he's making - and over time, I'd have this whole history of my own (my character's own). Even if it's just a handful of quests throughout, here and there. It might be hard to do but it's exciting to think that the game could go in that direction. It would be really refreshing and fun. It would offer a cool kind of progression, in that we'd have these personal histories and interesting consequences on how we handled certain situations - that set us apart from even our closest fellow horde members. A possibly needed role-play that sticks to our characters and really builds your character's story. Really exciting to think about, as I'm already excited about this quest and what it means for my character's future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty simple for me: I'll be picking Saurfang on my DH main and Slyvanas on alts.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll definitely be picking Saurfang on my main and Sylvanas on my alts. But i'm not leveling any more alts to 120 until after flying (so probably 8.2 or 8.3).

I don't ultimately see how this will change anything (the choices we make) unless they do some sort of end-game raid where if you sided with Saurfang you fight Sylvanas and watch the "other" raid fight Saurfang or you side with Sylvanas and fight Saurfang and watch the "other" raid fight Sylvanas. Much like they're doing with Alliance/Horde in this Siege of Zandalar raid. You still "fight" the same bosses but lore-wise you're watching the other faction fight them.

Then in the end, the resolution is the resolution and whatever Blizz wanted happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach07 View Post
    It's a poll. The story will take one direction, or another. There will be winners and losers. The community will have colletively made a choice about how the story should unfold. If this is actually what they are experimenting with, this could be a cool new dawn for the game. Or not, who knows. But I like to think it will matter what you choose, in the indirect sense that they will go with whatever most people opted for, at least if it's very very clear like 70-30 or more.
    If this is true it's a neat concept, however I would be angry if you're on the losing side of the poll. Hopefully the outcome acutally has meaningful impact in game.
    “Without data, you're just another person with an opinion.” - William Deming

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Yep, this is my interpretation. Without Blizz being straightforward that this "vote" means anything, you're just giving up a toy. I would side with Sylvanas but I'm still trying to earn that mount reward for 300 toys! Not exactly an even choice.
    Those so called Pet Battles have made me millions upon millions of gold for a couple mins of my time....who is laughing too the bank now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by dangthe View Post
    Some people are just....
    ...incapable of finishing sentences?

Potential Browncoat Firefly reference?

In either case, looks like I'm dropping some money on a frog mount tomorrow

Deleted
    just do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbo View Post
    Great, for continuing to fight for the Horde and support my war-chief Sylvanas I lock myself out of getting the cloak toy
    Why is the reward only available to those who turn traitor?
    You don't have alts? Also, that toy is crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    I hope everyone siding with Sylvanas will be executed as war criminals when she becomes a raid boss.
    And by executed i mean their character permanently deleted.
    Now THAT would be a real refreshing story experience
    I hope every traitor will be send to alliance to become a alliance rabid dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

It says that "other rewards will be available" if you side with the insane genocidal cretin. Any idea what that might be? A Sylvanas body pillow would be appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbo View Post
    Great, for continuing to fight for the Horde and support my war-chief Sylvanas I lock myself out of getting the cloak toy
    Why is the reward only available to those who turn traitor?
    Because Blizzard doesn't know how to do anything proper nowadays. Just another proof. I will not betray Sylvanas even if they were rewarding an exclusive mount. Hang all the traitors with Saurfang at the front!

Looking forward to taking Saurfang's side (right choice and get the toy), traitor Sylvanas needs to be removed. She doesn't deserve being Warchief, will be glad when it's taken from her with force or she's just removed from position.

My guess is they have 3 story lines picked out for this expansion based on how the player base votes. That would be the coolest way for them to do this, let us the players decide the path which the story goes.

Will do main with Sylvanas and alt with Saurfang.

7+ Year Old Account
    it's a good thing i have an alliance and horde at 120.. although most of my characters are alliance i have a few horde i plan on working on and yes i support sylvanas hell no to saurfang..
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396