Poll: Worst expansion: BFA or WoD?

Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    If you think BFA is worst than WOD something is terribly wrong with your thinking. BFA has outdoor content while WOD had nothing
    I don't agree at all. Ashran was a much better content than warfront + expeditions imo. Also Tanaan was better than anything BfA has to offer. But i guess we can't use that as argument considering its late content. But there is no garantee right now that Bfa will have anything that good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Except for Highmaul, which was straight up dumpster fire.
    I usually try to mentally block that one out as not existing.
    What's Highmaul?
    Oh you mean the warm-up crew.. Yeah. End boss was cool though.

the results of the poll show that people dont remember wod so good anymore and are currently not liking bfa.

if you consider that you have m+ right now and raids. it is by one activity better than wod at least. besides raiding i only logged in 1 hour or less per character to grind my garrision missions. bfa has a little bit less empty world. and i guess if we hadnt had wq before and if reputation wasnt already done and i wouldnt feel that azerite is useless, this would actually be an active world to experience.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and how is massive RTS style battles uninspired?
    Perhaps i am a bit nitpicky as someone that still plays Warcraft 3, but the Warfronts are at best loosely inspired by Warcraft 3.

Simply copying Unit names from Warcraft 3 and giving them to you as guardians doesn't statisfy me the slightest.
    (Ignoring the fact Troll Headhunters / Berserker in Warcraft 3 used Spears instead of axes)

They said they are taking the Tech-tree from Warcraft 3, okay, where are the Wind Riders, Tauren, Bloodlust casting Shaman, and so forth?

I had hoped that we would find some sort of gameplay resembling an RTS, like actually reacting to what the enemies units are and you train units to counter them accordingly.
    Nothing too big, but basically that you decide which units automatically spawn, instead of simply spawning a random group of Grunt / Axethrower / Shaman / Raider.

I mean that they even had the guts to give the enemy Flying units (meaning Gryphon rider as Horde / Wind Rider as Alliance) and then simply let them hover over the ground because "Melees" is just awful.

Why not turn that into an actual element?
    The enemy suddenly shows up with loads of flying units, go get stuff to counter them!
    Items to pull them to the ground (Raiders in Warcraft 3 could do that), anti air units that tear them to shreds and so forth.

Instead, just a 20 Player scenario evolving around smacking Npc's on LFR level and gathering resources.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2018-12-10 at 04:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Perhaps i am a bit nitpicky as someone that still plays Warcraft 3, but the Warfronts are at best loosely inspired by Warcraft 3.

Simply copying Unit names from Warcraft 3 and giving them to you as guardians doesn't statisfy me the slightest.
    (Ignoring the fact Troll Headhunters / Berserker in Warcraft 3 used Spears instead of axes)

They said they are taking the Tech-tree from Warcraft 3, okay, where are the Wind Riders, Tauren, Bloodlust casting Shaman, and so forth?

I had hoped that we would find some sort of gameplay resembling an RTS, like actually reacting to what the enemies units are and you train units to counter them accordingly.
    Nothing too big, but basically that you decide which units automatically spawn, instead of simply spawning a random group of Grunt / Axethrower / Shaman / Raider.

I mean that they even had the guts to give the enemy Flying units (meaning Gryphon rider as Horde / Wind Rider as Alliance) and then simply let them hover over the ground because "Melees" is just awful.

Why not turn that into an actual element?
    The enemy suddenly shows up with loads of flying units, go get stuff to counter them!
    Items to pull them to the ground (Raiders in Warcraft 3 could do that), anti air units that tear them to shreds and so forth.

Instead, just a 20 Player scenario evolving around smacking Npc's on LFR level and gathering resources.
    Thing is that is what they originally had planned, obviously from blizzcon, but people cried over it and the issue of pugging causes it to have to be cut, in mythic warfronts we may hopefully see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Thing is that is what they originally had planned, obviously from blizzcon, but people cried over it and the issue of pugging causes it to have to be cut
    I don't recall that outcry.
    Concerns? Perhaps but that's it.

However, doesn't justify the design, in LFR, the mechanics aren't punishing, in Warfronts, the mechanics are nonexistant.

If those "mechanics" were undertuned, meaning you can just ignore them, that would be a different story, but they simply aren't there.

in mythic warfronts we may hopefully see that.
    Wasn't there just a heroic mode?
    Aside from that, i'd be glad to learn that there are new mechanics instead of mobs just doing more damage, but i am guessing that this isn't the case.

So far, BFA. Didnt think anything could beat Legion on that matter, but BFA proved me wrong. As a warrior i enjoyed WoD alot cause of Gladiator Stance, that was awesome and i still miss it and id gladly take WoD anyday of the week instead of BFA. Legion was repetition galore and with BFA i hoped that would break that monotony, but its just more repetition and even worse than legion.
    Azeroth and Kalimdor and Northrend and Outland

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Anyone voting for BFA either has memory loss or is just unable or unwilling to be objective.

WoD 6.1 had Garrison updates, BE model update, and twitter integration.
    WoD 6.2 had Tanaan, HFC, and the Shipyard.

That was literally all of the meaningful new content WoD had to offer from November 13, 2014 to July 19, 2016.

Next week, BFA will have already had more content in its first four months than WoD had in nearly two years.

Get real, people.
    Having more content doesn't help my experience if my classes play like shit.

Deleted
    with cataclysm the game just got worse. BFA is the worst

Quote Originally Posted by Seriousdoom View Post
    So far, BFA. Didnt think anything could beat Legion on that matter, but BFA proved me wrong. As a warrior i enjoyed WoD alot cause of Gladiator Stance, that was awesome and i still miss it and id gladly take WoD anyday of the week instead of BFA. Legion was repetition galore and with BFA i hoped that would break that monotony, but its just more repetition and even worse than legion.
    No wonder, BfA is from all standpoints Legion's predecessor and not successor.

The logical order based on expansion features and their development/progress would have been: WoD -> BfA -> Legion because WoD had the features bare-bones and Legion the most complete version.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD by a mile. WoD started strong but everything after was a trainwreck. I can't speak to BfA as a whole yet since we are only at the beginning still but based on that alone I can't with good conscious say WoD is better.

BfA is FAR from perfect and has a lot of issues. Laughbly so honestly with how badly they handled the Azerite system and class balance but at least there are things to do. WoD had literally nothing unless you wanted to raid. I feel like recency bias is affecting BfA here. Neither are great expansions but at least BfA still has time to become better. WoD had it's chance and didn't "turn around" until the last content patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corruptus View Post
    I recommend to watch Patch 6.1 Survival Guide to remind yourself which expansion is the worst.
    You mean you didn't love the new selfie cam addition?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    You mean you didn't love the new selfie cam addition?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?
    ironically enough, selfie cam wasn't even covered in the survival guide video

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corruptus View Post
    ironically enough, selfie cam wasn't even covered in the survival guide video
    That's how much they were ashamed of it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I quite enjoyed WoD class design, was perhaps slightly worse than MoP but good enough. Both Legion and especially BfA have terribly designed classes.

WoD >>>> BFA/Legion imo. I've played less and less since Legion came out. I stay subbed out of habit now more than anything else.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Uh, no you can't. You can only compare 8.1 with 6.1.

Comparing a finished product with one that is only 25% complete is completely moronic.
    Not quite. The current gameplay is so far behind where it needs to be that they'd have to give the artifacts back to fix it. Have they ever made sweeping changes like that in a patch?

No?

That's why I think it's a safe prediction that the rest of the expansion will be terrible.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I don't recall that outcry.
    Concerns? Perhaps but that's it.

However, doesn't justify the design, in LFR, the mechanics aren't punishing, in Warfronts, the mechanics are nonexistant.

If those "mechanics" were undertuned, meaning you can just ignore them, that would be a different story, but they simply aren't there.

Wasn't there just a heroic mode?
    Aside from that, i'd be glad to learn that there are new mechanics instead of mobs just doing more damage, but i am guessing that this isn't the case.
    Still, like heroic dungeons, warfronts are still gonna be a joke mechanic, difficulty, and implementation wise because they’re meant to be a timegating way to get free gear and not anything else. Nothing that is achieved by any freaking afk monkey in the game can be “epic”. No matter how hard they try they won’t make it epic. Seeing clueless NPCs fighting and poor animations with bugged doors and some useless piece of trash boss repeating “the hunt begins” while being smashed by 20 people isn’t epic unless you have worse-than-the-lowest-ever standards.

To make warfronts interesting and epic they have to be challenging, while collecting resources, while choosing how to spend them, while fighting. But since it wouldn’t be then achievable by the entitled wow community this will never happen. That’s why WoW has become such a terrible game, the playerbase is made of at least 90% of terrible and entitled players so why would blizz try to step up and not cater to it ?..
    Last edited by Philomene; 2018-12-10 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    To make warfronts interesting and epic they have to be challenging, while collecting resources, while choosing how to spend them, while fighting. But since it wouldn’t be then achievable by the entitled wow community this will never happen. That’s why WoW has become such a terrible game, the playerbase is made of at least 90% of terrible and entitled players so why would blizz try to step up and not cater to it ?..
    I don't have any issues with an easy difficulty.
    I have a problem if a difficulty where you can just waltz over any mechanic becomes the only one.

However, Warfronts have the issue that there is no mechanic to waltz over, there is just nothing.

Warfronts lack mechanics, that's why a greater difficulty won't change shit.