I love the new interpretation of Makoto Kusangai that was posted with the announcement for the GitS: 2045 anime series! I wonder how the 3DCG will look.

Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2018-12-09 at 01:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Yeah, GuP is shit.
    disgusting
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Yeah, GuP is shit.

sao alice ep 10 10 episodes in and still waiting for what is supposed to be so amazing. it's just the same sao. kirito-kun winning and rapey villians

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    sao alice ep 10 10 episodes in and still waiting for what is supposed to be so amazing. it's just the same sao. kirito-kun winning and rapey villians
    But that's what makes SAO amazing.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/YKJgBq9.jpg[/MG]
    10/10 Would get in the van.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    sao alice ep 10
    Yea, I’m disappointed. The anime has cut out a lot of the stuff that would make most of the moments in the anime meaningless. They’re going all in on the later stuff (as I believe there are multiple cours of this) but the problem is that people need to slog through this stuff to get there. This adaptation makes me not want them to adapt SAO Progressive, as the character development and events that shape them are what I want - them removing all of it in Alicization makes me cry.

SAO started strong, with the first couple of episodes being really interesting. Everything since has been pretty average.

On a bright note, a bunch of weeb girls from work are group watching Monogatari and fangirling it pretty hard. They just started Owari part 1 so I'm looking forward to fangirling with them after they're done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    SAO started strong, with the first couple of episodes being really interesting. Everything since has been pretty average.

On a bright note, a bunch of weeb girls from work are group watching Monogatari and fangirling it pretty hard. They just started Owari part 1 so I'm looking forward to fangirling with them after they're done.
    Isnt Sao always like this?

Slime and Goblin slayer had each pretty strong episodes. Even Golden Kamuy or Radiant (that one being in phase of intruducing new character each episode).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Isnt Sao always like this?

Slime and Goblin slayer had each pretty strong episodes. Even Golden Kamuy or Radiant (that one being in phase of intruducing new character each episode).
    Goblin Slayer's animation is literally child's play in comparison to what we're in average getting from SAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Goblin Slayer's animation is literally child's play in comparison to what we're in average getting from SAO.
    as much as I enjoy Goblin Slayer, god does the CGI look awful and some of the other animations

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    as much as I enjoy Goblin Slayer, god does the CGI look awful and some of the other animations
    Well this art industry is still in progress. May get better in few years tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Uf thats a long one:

Makes me wonder if pirates will realy donate to charity for animations

SAO episode 10

You'd think that it's October 6th with the release of Goblin Slayer episode 1 given how the internet has exploded again.

Somehow, thousands of people being brutally murdered in every other show isn't worth talking about, but a sexual assault is unforgivable and it's a sin to depict it in fiction? That's some messed up logic right there.

Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2018-12-12 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    SAO episode 10

You'd think that it's October 6th with the release of Goblin Slayer episode 1 given how the internet has exploded again.

Somehow, thousands of people being brutally murdered in every other show isn't worth talking about, but a sexual assault is unforgivable and it's a sin to depict it in fiction? That's some messed up logic right there.

Because Goblin Slayers use of rape isn't particularly good and seems to be more about rape for rapes sake rather than character development which in turn makes it pretty fucking awful?

Goblin Slayer is not a grimdark series, if you want to describe it as such it's grimdark for people who had grimdark described to them by someone who doesn't really understand grimdark and condensed it into "well people die really graphically and women get raped".

The problem with Goblin Slayer isn't exactly rape, rape when done right can be a powerful tool for authors but in Goblin Slayer it's used as a tool for violence against women. Men in Goblin Slayer may die, for women it's they will be tortured, raped and then die or if they survive they will go off to The Convent for Goblin Rape Victims and never be seen again.

The violence seems disproportionate.

I don't normally indulge in this sort of posting but watching Goblin Slayer is actively changing my mind. It's not the show itself but how incredibly badly the internet seems to be interpreting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Because Goblin Slayers use of rape isn't particularly good and seems to be more about rape for rapes sake rather than character development which in turn makes it pretty fucking awful?

Goblin Slayer is not a grimdark series, if you want to describe it as such it's grimdark for people who had grimdark described to them by someone who doesn't really understand grimdark and condensed it into "well people die really graphically and women get raped".

The problem with Goblin Slayer isn't exactly rape, rape when done right can be a powerful tool for authors but in Goblin Slayer it's used as a tool for violence against women. Men in Goblin Slayer may die, for women it's they will be tortured, raped and then die or if they survive they will go off to The Convent for Goblin Rape Victims and never be seen again.

I don't normally indulge in this sort of posting but watching Goblin Slayer is actively changing my mind. It's not the show itself but how incredibly badly the internet seems to be interpreting it.
    Hm sao did have a rape scene (kinda).

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post

It's pretty much the same as real life. African tribes and tribal factions engaged in war will:

A: Kill all the men. Perhaps mount their corpses some where, or in some way to display the ferocity of their victory.

B: Rape the women, either on the spot, or take them back home for literal forced, repeated mating.

Thr whole point is to wipe out your enemies and replace them with those of your own blood, to eventually win a war by sheer numbers, over whatever time it may take.

The only partial exception is children. Those who are willing will be brought into line and become soldiers. Girls will either become slave-like in purpose, or pooled as a future resource once they are of age.

Again, to clarify, the men tend to be killed first and fast, to avoid allowing them being able to retaliate in anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    It's pretty much the same as real life. African tribes and tribal factions engaged in war will:

A: Kill all the men. Perhaps mount their corpses some where, or in some way to display the ferocity of their victory.

B: Rape the women, either on the spot, or take them back home for literal forced, repeated mating.

Thr whole point is to wipe out your enemies and replace them with those of your own blood, to eventually win a war by sheer numbers, over whatever time it may take.

The only partial exception is children. Those who are willing will be brought into line and become soldiers. Girls will either become slave-like in purpose, or pooled as a future resource once they are of age.

Again, to clarify, the men tend to be killed first and fast, to avoid allowing them being able to retaliate in anyway.
    More than just African tribes, it was used by a lot of Eurasian tribes as well pre 1700s.

Also funny this is brought up, right on the anniversary of Nanking, where the exact same thing happened by a civilized and modernized country.

15+ Year Old Account
    the problem with SAO's rape is that it's done so terribly

a rape scene probably shouldn't be funny, just like a torture scene shouldn't be. the latest sao episode was a joke and some of the most unintentionally funny stuff i've ever seen. SAO's writer really has no idea how to write a worthwhile antagonist

10+ Year Old Account
    That rapist is filler fodder at best, he's not supposed to be relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its finaly a friday:

Currently watching Nagi no Asukara/A Lull in the Sea

It was written by Mari Okada and is praised to the moon and back by r/Anime, so obviously it's yet another oscar-bait anime where characters talk about their feelings and there's sobbing to melancholic piano music every ten minutes. It's enjoyable - enough for me to have watched 13 episodes of it - but I can't do anything but roll my eyes when it tries to take itself seriously. By far the most interesting part of the show was when Akari was trying to discern whether or not it was alright for her to marry the widower she loves, and her new step daughter struggling to accept her, and the conflict with the dad. Otherwise, the main plot is silly, especially the ridiculous episode 13. That said, at least it does look pretty.

In other news: Thunderbolt Fantasy Season 2 is the best thing to air this season (indeed, probably the best show I've seen this year, as with season 1 being the best thing I saw in 2016) and you should absolutely get caught up in case you're not already watching. I won't say more for fear of spoilers, but just know that Lang is wicked awesome and I want to play a game where I can dual-class as a Bard/Paladin and strum out super-sonic swords that cleave rocks in half!

Lang's Poem! Chills