Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They did listen. They will continue to listen. The issue is that the community is divided. Bigger issue is that they listen to the loudest voices, which are never reflective of what the community actually wants. Those loudest voices frequently don't even sub to the game, but are hellbent on getting their voices heard. It really is all a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Cats listen to you too, they just don't care.
    /thread

Cats can at least be trained to.

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    They did listen. They will continue to listen. The issue is that the community is divided. Bigger issue is that they listen to the loudest voices, which are never reflective of what the community actually wants. Those loudest voices frequently don't even sub to the game, but are hellbent on getting their voices heard. It really is all a mess.
    THIS is what i am getting at! They clearly listened and gave players what they were asking for. Only problem is, most players didnt even have a say in the matter. It is the vocal minority getting heard. And now that it seems to be a vocal majority coming out and saying there are major issues with the game and asking for them to be addressed, they are not being taken seriously. Boy who cried wolf.

But at the end of the day, who are the "right" players to listen to? Some would say the top tier raiders, top pvp players, top /played players. But the truth is for the health of the game, it is probably the casual but commited players who put in long hours, complete the most content, raid lfr/normal/heroic, play in bg's / arena, play various classes. I think that is the core player base. HOWEVER, they cannot and must not ignore the top 5%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post
    /thread

Cats can at least be trained to.
    Thanks for your opinion. Sorry, thanks for re-posting someone elses opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Thanks for your opinion. Sorry, thanks for re-posting someone elses opinion.
    Glad I could help. o7

Bobby said "More micro transactions!"

Blizzard listened.

Problem is Blizzard listens to casuals whining on their forum. Then the game got casualized to the max. Good move, now all veteran players have left.

But maybe it was intentional because now they just need to release some new mounts, pets and transmog and those players stay subbed for 12 months.

Deleted
    You are doing it wrong dude.

It's: they are a small indie dev and everyone should be fired and replaced with a youtuber. And then you call whoever disagrees "sheep and white knights".

Whatever bad that happened in BfA is the players fault. Legion was too grindy obviously(no).

Entitlement is strong these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Whatever bad that happened in BfA is the players fault. Legion was too grindy obviously(no).

Entitlement is strong these days.
    Entitlement? What on earth are you on about? Where is the entitlement?

People wanted more easy mode, less grinding to progress their character. They gave us Azerite Armor and Power which is too easy to get. Not talking specifically to your post.

Entitlement is when someone wants something for free, or close to it. Which is the main thing in BfA. You don't have to do stuff to progress your character. It just lays there for you to pick it up and empower yourself.

They are busy making Diablo Immortal.. cmon

I mean.. you did take a blank statement post with no direct tie to you and made it about you... entitled to attention I guess?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    So when everyone complained about AP grind on artifacts, but liked everything else like skins and ability trees, why did they get rid of everything else and keep the AP grind? They don't listen to us on big issues, they have their own ideas and stick to them no matter what. You are giving players way too much credit for these changes.
    probaly becouse they had already gone deep into the design of bfa when those complaints came rolling in and if they delayed releasing bfa cause of said feedback they risked the wrath of the community cause they did not keep there promise of dishing out content faster?

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I mean.. you did take a blank statement post with no direct tie to you and made it about you... entitled to attention I guess?
    And then you replied to a post that has nothing do do with you at all. Difference is i was simply asking what in this thread or topic has anything to do with entitlement. You on the other hand, wanted the attention. You didnt even ask a question or provide any on topic opinions or thoughts. Just pure grab for attention. Sad really.

OP is completely delusional

I actually think the OP is on to something. I even remember the very moment in time where they started giving us everything we wanted and the game got easier, and easier, and easier.

The problem is this; The players are divided on what they want. In my opinion, it seems that most raiders want BiS gear, the best crafting patterns, mounts, etc to be obtained through instanced content (Raids and M+). Most casual players (and I dont mean this as offensive or rude) seem to want play-at-your-own-pace, outdoor world content, free rewards, RNG, pets, toys, etc.

There's nothing wrong with either of these, but the fact that we all want different shit makes it impossible for Blizzard to give us what we (think we) want. Right now, the game feels, imo, more geared towards casuals than it ever has been before. I'm a raider who lives for Mythic content and surround myself with people who feel the same. I haven't raided in months because my guild died, I've never been so uninterested in the game but I WANT to be, and most of my friends stopped playing the game.

It's all about the gear. The carrot on the stick. It's no longer worth chasing because loot is meaningless and boring. It's literally just a couple random stats and a higher item level. There are no tier sets, no legendaries, no gimmicky trinkets that stand out and are highly sought after. Getting an, "upgrade" doesn't feel like an upgrade at all. I've been hooked on this game for a decade and I've never cared so little about my character. I'm not alone. People don't even bother logging in because raiding doesn't feel worthwhile, M+ doesn't feel worthwhile, WQ's, Islands, Warfronts, etc. Sure, maybe if you just recently came back to the game or play casually... But for anyone who plays this game regularly and has since BFA launch, this content felt stale months ago.

I don't mean to crap on other people's enjoyment at all, I just hate that I don't enjoy it anymore and wish Blizzard would fix it so that my buds would come back and I could continue loving the game again.
    Hellborne - US Illidan
    Armory | Warcraft Logs | Raider.IO

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Thank you for your well thought out reply. Your opinion is what will help make this game great again, so i value your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Hard to say differently. But odds are higher it's just bait. Not saying it is but by the replies going out from the OP the evidence is leaning that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Problem is Blizzard listens to casuals whining on their forum. Then the game got casualized to the max. Good move, now all veteran players have left.

But maybe it was intentional because now they just need to release some new mounts, pets and transmog and those players stay subbed for 12 months.
    Casuals don't complain. They probably don't even know there is a way to complain. What wrecked it is the elitist community. The players too shit to play the game and scapegoat a group that can't even defend themselves. Stop being elitist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Hellborne87 View Post
    I actually think the OP is on to something. I even remember the very moment in time where they started giving us everything we wanted and the game got easier, and easier, and easier.

The problem is this; The players are divided on what they want. In my opinion, it seems that most raiders want BiS gear, the best crafting patterns, mounts, etc to be obtained through instanced content (Raids and M+). Most casual players (and I dont mean this as offensive or rude) seem to want play-at-your-own-pace, outdoor world content, free rewards, RNG, pets, toys, etc.

There's nothing wrong with either of these, but the fact that we all want different shit makes it impossible for Blizzard to give us what we (think we) want. Right now, the game feels, imo, more geared towards casuals than it ever has been before. I'm a raider who lives for Mythic content and surround myself with people who feel the same. I haven't raided in months because my guild died, I've never been so uninterested in the game but I WANT to be, and most of my friends stopped playing the game.

It's all about the gear. The carrot on the stick. It's no longer worth chasing because loot is meaningless and boring. It's literally just a couple random stats and a higher item level. There are no tier sets, no legendaries, no gimmicky trinkets that stand out and are highly sought after. Getting an, "upgrade" doesn't feel like an upgrade at all. I've been hooked on this game for a decade and I've never cared so little about my character. I'm not alone. People don't even bother logging in because raiding doesn't feel worthwhile, M+ doesn't feel worthwhile, WQ's, Islands, Warfronts, etc. Sure, maybe if you just recently came back to the game or play casually... But for anyone who plays this game regularly and has since BFA launch, this content felt stale months ago.

I don't mean to crap on other people's enjoyment at all, I just hate that I don't enjoy it anymore and wish Blizzard would fix it so that my buds would come back and I could continue loving the game again.
    Agree with everything you said. This game has always been an endless treadmill with a carrot (loot) dangling just out of reach, and you had to increase your speed constantly to eventually catch the carrot, only to have a new, juicier carrot appear just out of reach again. Now the carrot just comes around on the treadmill once a week and is given to you, so long as you stay on the treadmill, and staying at speed setting 1 is not only accepted, its encouraged.

Im not entirely on board that it is the casual crowd that are being catered to though. Only because the casual players have always been the bulk of the players, with the "hardcore" only being the top 5%. In theory, the top 5% could all instantly quit and i doubt the 95% would even notice. But there seems to be a HUGE portion of the casual 95% leaving as well.

The relationship between hardcore and casual has always been symbiotic, although neither would likely admit to it. The hardcore need the casuals, and the casuals need the hardcore. The hardcore tend to be the influencers - when you hit up youtube or twitch, they are the faces you see - when they are talking positively about the game, it attracts more to the game. The casuals provide the bread and butter financial support the game needs for blizzard to continue producing content for the top 5%.