Razer Naga breaking down, need advice

So I've been using a Razer Naga Epic Chroma for a few years now and all of the sudden the "2" button is only working about half the time I press it. I looked on Amazon and to buy a new one apparently will cost almost 300$? I remember buying it for no more than 120$ and the wired version was like 80$. They have a "Trinity" model that looks similar with interchangeable parts but I would prefer the original.

Can anyone tell me why I can't find the normal Naga mice for a reasonable price?

"Regular" nagas like the Chroma were discontinued and are no longer in production (hence why the they are so expensive). Reason being is because the Trinity is literally the same mouse but now can be 3 mice for the price of 1. The size and buttons are all the same.

I was recently in the same position and ended up going with the Trinity. No issues at all. Just make sure you delete your old synapse application before installing the new one since they apparently use a new program and don't delete the original.

The only difference is that Button4 and Button5 (left/right clicks on the scroll wheel) are zoom buttons by default, but you can set them back to Button4/Button5 using Synapse if you use those buttons.
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2018-12-11 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    "Regular" nagas like the Chroma were discontinued and are no longer in production (hence why the they are so expensive). Reason being is because the Trinity is literally the same mouse but with 2 different plug-and-play options.

I was recently in the same position and ended up going with the Trinity. The size and buttons are all the same. I would say just go with the Trinity since it's literally the same as the original.

The only difference is that Button4 and Button5 (left/right clicks on the scroll wheel) are zoom buttons by default, but you can set them back to Button4/Button5 using Synapse if you use those buttons.
    Same situation that I was in. They just don't make that model anymore. The Trinity is that + 2 other types of mouse. Super easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    "Regular" nagas like the Chroma were discontinued and are no longer in production (hence why the they are so expensive). Reason being is because the Trinity is literally the same mouse but now can be 3 mice for the price of 1. The size and buttons are all the same.

I was recently in the same position and ended up going with the Trinity. No issues at all. Just make sure you delete your old synapse application before installing the new one since they apparently use a new program and don't delete the original.

Ah ok, that's good to know. Thanks!

First rule of buying a naga, add the extended warranty lol.

But ya you can only buy the trinity now, i havent got one yet as razer sent me a naga epic chroma (wireless one) when my regular naga broke.