Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Of course I think its okay.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    I mean this is why good companies get insurance, so the damage the kids do is irrelevant since your insurance will completely refund it.

Seems like a dumb business owner with a small restaurant... not being able to use his brain in order to fix the problem, so he went the drastic route instead.
    Thats such a dumb answer. Oh look, a kid scratched something, submit a claim (premiums go up). Lol. Ever worked in the grown up world?

Yeah ban all children from any restaurant that doesnt have a play place. Time for irresponsible parents to pay for their brats.

A restaurant in my home town did this. When I was old enough to go there the owner asked me if i was going to be respectful and quiet

10+ Year Old Account
    i agree with this. also we should ban all draenei from restaurants they ruin my eating experience.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2018-12-12 at 04:31 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Perfect example of how free market really should decide popularity of a given business. Plenty of restaurants cater very directly to children and families, nothing wrong with one that doesn't.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep perfectly fine with it, thou I’m kinda surprised that he was having such massive repair bills.
    I taken my nieces to decent restaurants when I was stuck babysitting them and they been well behave for me. I guess some people can’t be bothered to teach their kids respect

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch Vandal View Post
    Yes, fuck kids.
    call the cops

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    Do you think it's ok to ban children from your restaurant? For 12-18 year olds to have to be accompanied by parents?
    Yep, no one likes kids.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    you're asking this question to a bunch of incel millennials who don't have kids on a wow forum? Why even ask? You know what answer your going to get before you ask.
    Ok this cracked me up.

I have kids and I agree with this business owners decision. Especially with the trend of "free range" parenting.

When we took our kids out we choose places that were suitable, and they used manors.

When I have the choice, I choose theaters and restaurants that do not serve kids.

I wonder where the "bake the cake" argument is align with this. Food is a human right isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12170980

Do you think it's ok to ban children from your restaurant? For 12-18 year olds to have to be accompanied by parents?
    It's absolutely correct.

Keep your rampaging crotch-spawn away from other people's property.

Of course, because children don't shout and don't do stupid things and don't cry...children don't do anything if there are NO children )))

Отправлено с моего MS650 через Tapatalk

This has been common practice in many high-end restaurants all over the world for years. It's just a matter of being considerate to both other diners, and the children themselves. Nobody can expect a small child to behave like an adult, and forcing them to do so for what is often several hours isn't great fun for them, either. Most children under 12 will not get a whole lot out of an haute cuisine experience anyway. And if you do have a gourmand in the making at 10, just lie and say they're 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Is that healthy though? I'm currently studying Pedagogy (child psychology, education and filosophy) and lots of studies show that kids who were exposed to punishments for being themselves have a lot less willingness to be themselves or question authorities as adults.
    Might just be me but disciplining kids to be something they're not isn't a good thing, instead it should be the job of parents to not put them in situations where such disciplining isn't needed. In this case, and your case, taking kids to a place where they can't be themselves is a really bad idea. There's lots of restaurants and places you can go to eat and at the same time allow your kids to be kids.
    And here is another bullshit subject with fucked up philosophies and why younger generations think that everyone owes them something and nothing is their fault. Bust their asses and teach them morals and manners. If my child is a menace to everyone around her I don't want her to grow up being "herself" because she will end up being hated by everyone and guess what? A menace when she gets older. Its a parents job to mold a child to be good adults not let them be who "they are" because they have no idea "they are". It is exactly the job of the parent to put them in non harmful situations and teach them how to act and what is expected of them in different environments.

On topic, as someone with six children, I agree with this. It's their business run it how they see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vago View Post
    And here is another bullshit subject with fucked up philosophies and why younger generations think that everyone owes them something and nothing is their fault. Bust their asses and teach them morals and manners. If my child is a menace to everyone around her I don't want her to grow up being "herself" because she will end up being hated by everyone and guess what? A menace when she gets older. Its a parents job to mold a child to be good adults not let them be who "they are" because they have no idea "they are". It is exactly the job of the parent to put them in non harmful situations and teach them how to act and what is expected of them in different environments.
    Different philosophies on raising kids, there's studies that shows positive and negative sides to all. It's about balance, in my opinion. However when it comes to biology there's no "if" or "but", kids aren't able to sit still and be quiet for hours and hours so if you as an adult put them in situations where they have to be "orderly" then you're setting them and yourself up for a bad situation.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

In the US we have "family restaurants".

Most of you would want to avoid those.

We leave a big tip for the waitress if things get rough.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch Vandal View Post
    Yes, fuck kids.
    Yeah, just don't actually fuck kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I understand banning small children. Sadly quite a few parents are simply not up to par.

I don't get why you'd ban unaccompanied teenagers, I went out to eat with friends often when I was a teenager.
    Depends what teenagers are like where you live. I live around some bad areas and it makes sense. Teenagers aren't allowed to walk into most stores near me with a backpack or their hood on.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont see the big deal. Bars and clubs do this. Imagine going to a bar at 11pm and theres kids there lol.

Children should be banned from pretty much everywhere besides their home, their friends homes, their school, movie theaters and designated parks and playgrounds.

And if the parents can't keep their children in check you ban the parents.
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2018-12-13 at 08:14 PM.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)