Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

ilvl 385 Crafted Gear Now Requires Related Profession to Equip

Apparently people are finding they lost 30 ilvls upon login.

This change was not in the Patch Notes.

A lot of people switched professions to more profitable/fun ventures, such as alchemy and engineering, because the armor-crafting professions have been shit and don't make money.
    Last edited by Mazinger-Z; 2018-12-11 at 11:14 PM.

This for example is something you put into your Survival Guide for a new patch.

Its a good change but without any mention in patchnotes is just classic blizz hating their players.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2018-12-11 at 11:33 PM.

I assumed that was already the case since I wasn't dumb enough to try it in the first place. Sucks for that that now have to spend gold to level it back up

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post

Its a good change but without any mention in patchnotes is just classic blizz hating their players.
    Considering they were BoP it should be relatively obvious that they meant it for people actually using the profession. Sure they could have communicated it better, but this change isn't exactly surprising.

If it wasn't in the patch notes, shame on them.

Why is it a good change? All it does now is lock you into a profession which is shitty.

It's BoP anyway so it's not like you can sell it.

On topic. Stupid change and I saw no mention of it. Revert it or my Shaman is gonna lose levels because I switched out from Leatherworking/Skinning to Alchemy/Herbalism.

I chalk it up to blizz being sloppy in their notes as of late. From blizzcon and having the zandalari able to be locks, then saying no. To other slip ups that made it pass the higher ups. This proves there is apparent miscommunication even with blizzard ranks.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

15+ Year Old Account
    I posted months ago about why this wasn't done to begin with, and now it's biting players in the ass. Not only does it require tailoring now, but you need to be Tailoring 110 for it too. Not sure if the plans changed on top of that, but you only needed tailoring 1 to learn the 370/385 pattern that you discovered. For tailoring it aint too bad to level up but blacksmithing for example is pretty expensive to level up. Could've made the requirement to use it 1 instead of 110.

Shipped broken and then fixed in the worst way without any notice, thanks activision.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Yeah, they should have told us this was going to happen. That's how you treat your customers.

15+ Year Old Account
    So i lost my gloves with no replacment. Cool

Find it funny that this is only a problem after 13 years.

Despite the fact before this lotta epic crafts were BoE....

Sigh. Gonna lose a chunk of ilvl on my Shaman tomorrow....

And Rogue because I bought it the Darkmoon Card....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Find it funny that this is only a problem after 13 years.

Despite the fact before this lotta epic crafts were BoE....

Sigh. Gonna lose a chunk of ilvl on my Shaman tomorrow....

And Rogue because I bought it the Darkmoon Card....
    Darkmoon card should still be useable.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Darkmoon card should still be useable.
    It's an inscription item though. So shouldn't it require that?

Either way I'm a bit pissed because I have the 370 stage items on my Shaman which took a few weeks to do for me.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-12-12 at 12:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah they're BoE so intended to be traded / sold.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Nah they're BoE so intended to be traded / sold.
    Ah. Still a shitty change though imo.

I mean all this does is screw people who wanted the crafts and then to switch. Locking you into a single profession as I said.

It was never an issue for 13 years but is now?

It's BoE.

Those Items (the 385 ones) were intended to be limited to people that actually have that profession, leveling LW, crafting boots, then dropping it, is not intended, almost any craftable BoP items in previous expansions had a profession requirement to exactly prevent that behavior of people dropping the profession after reaping the benefits.

My Druid will lose his boots, a little warning would been quite nice here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's BoE.

Those Items (the 385 ones) were intended to be limited to people that actually have that profession, leveling LW, crafting boots, then dropping it, is not intended, almost any craftable BoP items in previous expansions had a profession requirement to exactly prevent that behavior of people dropping the profession after reaping the benefits.

My Druid will lose his boots, a little warning would been quite nice here.
    Uh what items out of curiosity?

Not calling you a liar god no just curious.

And imo it shouldn't have happened. My Shamans my only toon on his server because I wanted to play with friends. I went Alchemy after making 370 stuff so I could provide my friends guild with Flasks/Pots.

End of the day I rightfully earned them 370 boots. After farming the Sanguicells, Explusom and Hydrocores.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-12-12 at 12:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Prof items that are BoP, its obviously ment to be equiped by someone with the prof. Definitly not somethin that has to show up in survival guide.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

End of the day I rightfully earned them 370 boots. After farming the Sanguicells, Explusom and Hydrocores.
    And you can keep them. Just go back to the profession that made them........

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Prof items that are BoP, its obviously ment to be equiped by someone with the prof. Definitly not somethin that has to show up in survival guide.
    So obvious that it slipped by alpha, beta and 4 months after launch