Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Who is better informed about your play experience then you are?
    Me, it sucked. I unsubed. I watch info about changes to get different perspectives in hopes things will be better, but ActiBlizz is going all snafu. I am still sad their strategic decisions killed the fun for me. Happens to be a common perception among other people too, some of whom decide to speak up over forums, Twitch or YT. You may be mistaking cause and effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    That's an incredibly inaccurate comparison.

Lets look at it like this: you purchased WoW in Legion. You were not part of the BfA alpha. You enjoyed Legion a lot and so you pre-purchased BfA under the assumption that you would enjoy it as much and wanted to support the game. You enjoy the BfA leveling process and then find the experience lacking at level 120. You think you're simply not playing correctly or that you are missing content, so you look online. You find videos and streams who have people that make points which resonate with you. In this case you would not be a sheep, you would be looking for confirmation. Situations like this are likely the majority of cases, where players purchased BfA assuming it would be of the same quality of Legion and then were let down.

I've played WoW since release; whether or not I'm happy with the state of game is something I don't need confirmation on as I've been on this rollercoaster for over a decade. However, looking for a form of validation of how you feel is not pathetic; it's you attempting to determine whether or not you're missing some key content or simply looking for other opinions.
    Exactly! But to the fanboys of current game strategy we are some sheep, haters, etc. Funny how the people who keep telling us to just stop posting, try to ridicule us, etc. perceive themselves as positive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because humans are overwhelmingly two-legged sheep who can't think for themselves.

Deleted
    Or maybe just maybe those players have same opinion? Or maybe they learned from youtuber new information theu didnt know and their opinion changed?

Do you really think some people are suddenly finding out that the game is bad and unsubbed just because they watched a youtuber saying so?

"I love this game. Hey let's have a look at this video! [minutes later] Now I hate this game!"

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Umm, what? You're saying you should never seek out the opinions of an informed person?

To me that's not amazing, it's just common sense.
    So if you're looking to try a new food or a new restaurant, you only read reviews and not try it yourself? That is NOT common sense

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Do you really think some people are suddenly finding out that the game is bad and unsubbed just because they watched a youtuber saying so?

"I love this game. Hey let's have a look at this video! [minutes later] Now I hate this game!"
    You're describing Asmongold's fanbase. Just sepnd 2 minutes watching his streams or watch videos of him react to someting, with chat in the side and you'll see how chat starts to react exactly like he does after he expresses his opinion
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Deleted

Yes. Ofc learn new information about game systems can change your perception of wow. Take for example someone who didnt know about ap catch up. Than he learns from youtube guy or w/e that putting any effory to farm ap is worthless becouse in few weeks all that work will be devalued by catch up. That person will stop carinf about this feature and is again closer to quiting game. It amazes me hoe can you not understand that peoples opinion changes all the time as you learn more and more informations.

10+ Year Old Account
    The majority of humanity are unable to form an opinion based on their own experiences, they have to be herded by others to get anywhere. This happens in all aspects of their life without them knowing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Because you can get a good sense of the current state of the game, for example - i unsubbed as soon as i realised how shit BFA was (spent my first few weeks just making a lot of gold), though I have unsubbed for large periods of time every xpac since Cata.

A decent person can look past the outright raging threads and acknowledge genuine threads where people are disappointed with the game. It's as if the blizz white knights can't come around to the idea that millions upon millions of people have quit for better games / hate the direction the current game is going.

I just came back here since BFA launch to see the state of the game, and it's clear it has only got worse so no need for me to resub. (Played Fortnite/BLOPS4 way tooo much recently)

So i am instead re-downloading GW2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    The majority of humanity are unable to form an opinion based on their own experiences, they have to be herded by others to get anywhere. This happens in all aspects of their life without them knowing it.
    Or maybe people agree with him becouse his opinion (more like facts i would say) is same as opnion of person watching him? If you didnt notice people are not happy with bfa and it is moment. And no they are not happy becouse asmongold told him. They are not happy becouse game have problems. Asmongold only saying what problems it have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I haven't seen a single person unsub because a streamer told them to. What are you talking about?

Just because people agree with a streamer doesn't mean they're the reason they unsub. Streamers usually just spout the opinion that their fans already have,

Because some people are sheeple and need someone else to tell them what to do and how to think.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    You're describing Asmongold's fanbase. Just sepnd 2 minutes watching his streams or watch videos of him react to someting, with chat in the side and you'll see how chat starts to react exactly like he does after he expresses his opinion
    Maybe because they have the same opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Who is better informed about your play experience then you are?
    Who's better informed about my driving experience than I am? -Oh, sure, a mechanic might tell me that it's going to fall apart if I don't maintain the engine, and my neighbour might have noticed the exhaust is hanging on by the last few hairs of the squirrel I ran over a week ago, but it gets me from A to B, so what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    On a video game you allready purchased ? Actually nope, that's extremly stupid... It's just like going on the internet after seeing a movie to "see if I liked it".

Being a sheep is pathetic.
    So is blindly gobbling up whatever's dumped in front of you. Look around. Get informed. Sit and have a think about why you do and don't like a thing. Maybe you liked something in the moment, and didn't notice all the flaws that, had you been paying attention, or been less wound up by hype, would've significantly changed your experience.

Maybe that means that there's a difference between liking something, and it being of quality.

Maybe it means there's a difference between something you enjoy because it's a skinner box, or just a habit, and something you enjoy because it has depth and substance.

Deleted
    It's especially only this site. It is a minority. The majority just plays or does not play whatever people like in that forum that spend their whole day online and "discuss" about WoW think.

Just look at those people here saying everyone is unhappy. Filter those out and you have a small part of this community alone. And this community to the overall playerbase is still very small if you compare it to the active posting users.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's almost like it's a social, community based game or something. :/
    It has nothing to do with that. It is the same as if you asked someone: Should I go and watch this new movie? and you completely make your decision based on his/her answer.
    It doesn't work like that, or it shouldn't, at least. This is subjective, not objective thing, I am enjoying pet battles, you are not. I like leveling, you despise it. You like dungeons, I don't... Etc
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Deleted
    Maybe because they have the same opinion?
    Believe whatever you want

There is a reason with the money grab with "influencers". Or the influence of social media in the growth of stupid people.

Deleted
    Well.. Some YouTubers did raise som points that I havn't thought off before that.

Adding that to me not having as much fun as I used to, was the reason I unsubbed.

i tried BFA though...after 3 hours of that shitshow i unsubbed.

i dont watch youtube videos to see if the game is good...i already know its bad

i see them to stay updated on patches to see if its worth resubbing too

i already wasted my money preordering the game...i dont want to keep throwing away money

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    It has nothing to do with that. It is the same as if you asked someone: Should I go and watch this new movie? and you completely make your decision based on his/her answer.
    It doesn't work like that, or it shouldn't, at least. This is subjective, not objective thing, I am enjoying pet battles, you are not. I like leveling, you despise it. You like dungeons, I don't... Etc
    But that's exactly what social dynamics are like. You're part of a community and you value their opinions. In this case youtubers or streamers simply tend to have a bit more weight behind their opinions because of their popularity.

But you're not going to have fun, or stop enjoying the game solely on someone else's words. What's actually happening is that those outside opinions can cause you to view the game in a different light.

Sometimes it's something you already knew about the game, but didn't know how to express. Other times it's simply that you trust a person's word because you've agreed with them in the past. Or maybe it's just making you aware of information you didn't previously know.

Whatever the case, it's pretty normal to have your opinion on things shaped and influenced by others. I don't know why this is a big deal for some people.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-12-12 at 11:12 AM.

Last time I checked I unsubbed because of my own views but eh....
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!