Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why is Lady Jaina Proudmoore called Lord Admiral?

Isn't Lord a male title? Wouldn't Lady Admiral be more appropriate? I mean I don't know anything about seafaring stuff and real world titles or whatever. I'm sure there is a real world precedence for the title Lord being applied to like the general of stuff or whatever, and I guess in the real world those positions have probably never been held by women, but this is a fantasy world, and in an expansion like that, that is so focussed on women, it sounds weird to hear Jaina being referred to as a Lord Admiral. Couldn't they at least come up with something neutral like Grand Admiral?

Not all titles are gender specific like that. The Queen of England was "Lord High Admiral" before she bestowed that title to her husband in 2011 (and one can easily see which influence drove the creation of that title at Blizzard, Kul Tiras is a cheap copy of english naval terms anyway).

Also, Jaina is not the first female Lord Admiral of Kul Tiras, her mother had that title before her.

Think that’s just the title given regardless of gender. As someone else said, titles aren’t always gender specific.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Not all titles are gender specific like that. The Queen of England was "Lord High Admiral" before she bestowed that title to her husband in 2011 (and one can easily see which influence drove the creation of that title at Blizzard, Kul Tiras is a cheap copy of english naval terms anyway).

Also, Jaina is not the first female Lord Admiral of Kul Tiras, her mother had that title before her.
    Best explained, aye..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giulio View Post
    Isn't Lord a male title? Wouldn't Lady Admiral be more appropriate?
    Isn't the correct question "Why isn't she called LATE Lord Admiral"??

She is probably the most hated NPC in the game right now, and her demise have been in the cards since atleast TBC, yet Bluzzard's kills off Horde leaders left and right, who are much more loved..

And when we finally get to fight her....... We only get to DEFEAT her, not kill her.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    She is probably the most hated NPC in the game right now
    only by the horde players

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post

Yeah like I said in the OP, that might all be true, there might be some real world precedence for this, but it still sounds weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    only by the horde players
    Also by a great deal of Alliance players.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Also by a great deal of Alliance players.
    At least she isn't trying to ruin the alliance by being a dictator the likes of which we haven't seen since hitler......
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

She is probably the most hated NPC in the game right now, and her demise have been in the cards since atleast TBC, yet Bluzzard's kills off Horde leaders left and right, who are much more loved..

And when we finally get to fight her....... We only get to DEFEAT her, not kill her.
    That's probably the cringiest post of today.

10+ Year Old Account
    She'll survive us all, the madwoman!

PS: We Alliance don't hate her. And me personally, I've enjoyed her story arch so far in BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menolikeu View Post
    At least she isn't trying to ruin the alliance by being a dictator the likes of which we haven't seen since hitler......
    No noooo..

She's just attempting to dethrone her mother from her rightful position....... And she force the player/hero/champion to help her.

Douchebag move by douchebag NPC..

Quote Originally Posted by Giulio View Post
    Couldn't they at least come up with something neutral like Grand Admiral?
    Grand Admiral is the title for the Alliance's top naval leader. Lord Admiral is the ruler of Kul Tiras.

But yes, Lady Admiral would have been fine in my opinion.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    We had similar situation in Poland. 'King' was title for a ruler, never Queen, so at some time we had King Jadwiga (I was surprised that Civilization VI did it right).

No noooo..

She's just attempting to dethrone her mother from her rightful position....... And she force the player/hero/champion to help her.

That's not what happened at all.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

She is probably the most hated NPC
    in the game right now, and her demise have been in the cards since atleast TBC, yet Bluzzard's kills off Horde leaders left and right, who are much more loved..

We are talking about Jaina here not Sylvanas, I think you meant to post that elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

No noooo..

Rightful position that she was willing to give for the first fat fuck that said was friend of hers.

So yeah, Jaina is the best, and will still be kicking.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

7+ Year Old Account
    No noooo..

Pass me what you're smoking pal. Sylvanas apologists are still trying to put "=" between Horde and Alliance, I see.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account

They'll never kill off Jaina, just like they'll never kill off Sylvanas

Jaina is a weird way to spell Sylvanas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    We had similar situation in Poland. 'King' was title for a ruler, never Queen, so at some time we had King Jadwiga (I was surprised that Civilization VI did it right).
    Huh. so F/SN got something kinda right.

Why TBC? It wasn't until MOP that she went anti horde. She didn't even do anything in BC. If people hated her WC3/vanilla personality they ought to have hated her before, and she didn't do anything else to garner any hate from the horde until Cata at the earliest.