Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    There's no canonical answer as to who the winner is. At least not yet. The reason why is obvious and the answer is gameplay.

I'd however expect NPCs like Delaryn and Sira to truly be dead, whereas characters like Rokhan, Lliadrin, Eitrigg, Turalyon, Danath and Muradin might survive the cut, even once we finally find out who the canonical winners of each individual warfront are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
    I have no idea how to get into Darkshore Warfront : / I used the portal to get there, did a bunch of quests, it later presents me with one for Saurfang, when I click accept, it doesnt populate in my Quests List and I dont see anything regarding getting into a warfront.
    Horde does not have the warfront right now, only alliance. horde need to wait till their turn in abit, its just like arathi.
    there is 3 phases

Enemy team has it, you have to build up resources
    Enemy team has it, you now have 1 week to do the warfront
    your team has it, you can now do world quests and world boss, enemy team is building up resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    There's no canonical answer as to who the winner is. At least not yet. The reason why is obvious and the answer is gameplay.

I'd however expect NPCs like Delaryn and Sira to truly be dead, whereas characters like Rokhan, Lliadrin, Eitrigg, Turalyon, Danath and Muradin might survive the cut, even once we finally find out who the canonical winners of each individual warfront are.
    And it's why Warfronts are pretty terrible as a storytelling device. At least for a raid you know that Boss X died. They may come back at some point due to "merely a setback" shenanigans which is another topic, but for now you know who won. A Warfront is like a battleground, it exists in its own little bubble of perpetual conflict for conflict's sake and never ends, which is the antithesis of a story.

In portraying the war this way, Blizzard removed all its possible impacts. It's kind of impressive when you think about it.

I saw this twice so far, Delaryn shouts at you then vanishes before she is killed.

As for warfront commanders, which Delaryn is not, I am led to believe that they don't die. They just are "defeated and flee" despite the death animation.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I still don't get why people are so bothered by risen NE's when Humans have been risen since Cataclysm to kill their own.
    Since Warcraft 3 even.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    I saw this twice so far, Delaryn shouts at you then vanishes before she is killed.

As for warfront commanders, which Delaryn is not, I am led to believe that they don't die. They just are "defeated and flee" despite the death animation.
    I still find it weird that the first time the Alliance encounters Delaryn since her undeath is as a random mob leader who most people skip or dont notice because they rush to Sira.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I dunno about the Darkshore Warfront (haven't done that hot garbage yet) but in the Stromgarde Warfront, you kill the enemy commander and take them to 0%.

It is considered noncanon. I don't even think there's a canonical winner of the warfronts. Fuck, I don't even know if the actual warfront battle is even considered to be canon at all.

Warfronts suck my dick.
    Good thing you used a lot of filthy language to get your points across, otherwise....wait was there a point and contribution from you?

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Good thing you used a lot of filthy language to get your points across, otherwise....wait was there a point and contribution from you?
    Yup, there was a point and contribution. Just because you're a baby and some casual swearing enrages you doesn't change that.

But, I shouldn't be making fun of an illiterate. If you could read my post, you'd see I answered the guy's question concerning the canon of Warfronts.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Yup, there was a point and contribution. Just because you're a baby and some casual swearing enrages you doesn't change that.

But, I shouldn't be making fun of an illiterate. If you could read my post, you'd see I answered the guy's question concerning the canon of Warfronts.
    More immaturity and no more close to a contribution. Got it thanks

If Warfront deaths are canon, that means Turalyon, Muradin, Liadrin, Eitrigg, Nathanos, Malfurion, Maiev, and Tess all effectively died semi off-screen.

(Rokhan, Sira, and Danath are kinda believable but the rest?)

That's fucking not happening. And it's kinda why the whole war is a bit pointless in terms of stakes or outcomes.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    If Warfront deaths are canon, that means Turalyon, Muradin, Liadrin, Eitrigg, Nathanos, Malfurion, Maiev, and Tess all effectively died semi off-screen.

(Rokhan, Sira, and Danath are kinda believable but the rest?)

That's fucking not happening. And it's kinda why the whole war is a bit pointless in terms of stakes or outcomes.
    I think it's more about the territory than who dies and who doesn't. Who ultimately gets these warfronts at the end of the day?

More immaturity and no more close to a contribution. Got it thanks
    How many people on this forum have you on their ignore list? Besides me, of course.

Eh. Even in normal quests where the player is ordered to "KILL" certain NPCs, said NPCs could end up alive in later expansions if Blizzard decides that they supposedly survived.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.

I think it's more about the territory than who dies and who doesn't. Who ultimately gets these warfronts at the end of the day?
    Oh, I agree. It's just an absurd thing to think about that any are on the chopping block.

Delaryn does indeed vanish at 1% health, which means that she is probably going to get some screen time away from the Warfront. That of course does not mean that anyone canonically dies at the warfront which has an actual unique name tag, commanders and outpost leaders included. It's just for the way of gameplay.

The warfronts themselves are canon however, as Anduin himself mentions the Arathi effort on the dialogue with Tyrande. In my own imagination, the battle in Arathi is some hot stalemate between the two forces, one often reaching outside Stromgarde and failing, while the other fails to capitulate on Ar'gorok. While that is a nice scenario for a heated battlefront, it is quite boring for the average PvE player who wishes to reach the end of the line, so you get the full "Destroy the enemy's large city/fort, but hey, they manage to rebuild it within 2 weeks, how does that work?!".

At the end of the day, if the warfront back-and-forth rollercoaster cycle was canon, I'd get the impression that the death toll on them would exceed the population of modern day Earth.

There is nothing wrong with saying fuck or dick if it's not used insultingly at someone. That user has contributed more to this thread than you have so maybe you should stop bitching, just a suggestion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    There is nothing wrong with saying fuck or dick if it's not used insultingly at someone. That user has contributed more to this thread than you have so maybe you should stop bitching, just a suggestion.
    His ONE post where just rants? Is that the one you're referring to? There's also nothing wrong with voicing your opinion while NOT sounding like a 15 year old that loves spewing filthy language because it's so new and fresh and their parents wouldn't like it. Just a suggestion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Oh, I agree. It's just an absurd thing to think about that any are on the chopping block.
    Yeah I agree. Do any of them really die though? I thought they just get "beaten"?

Deleted
    Isn't the yellow text of the Toy you get when you complete the Darkshore quest as Horde clearly indicating that the Val'kyr use Mindcontrol?

https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=166678/brynjas-beacon