Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I see people still aren't tired of creating their own headcanon about this stuff.
    I mean, that's kinda everyone. Some people feel very strongly about certain things of which others don't think matter at all and vice-versa.
    IE: The existence of $1000+ pledges some equate to as bad or worse than AAA MTX gouging. Chris making a pie in the sky unrealistic release date years ago really bothers others. Some people hate the ship ads whereas others loved them and begged for more to be made, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rrjstudio View Post
    ATVI Stock continued to plumit on monday following the sustained drop since the weekend of blizzcons announcements and following the latest financials for blizzard and activision. Since blizzcon the stock has dropped around 33% pushing an almost 2 year low and in the last 2 months has dropped 44% almost losing them 40 billion market cap. How will shareholders react to the management? doesn't look like the stock is anywhere near finished dropping there may be some small breakouts but everytime it does it plumits, 8% drop on monday.

Do you think these figures will have impact on the future of activision and blizzards game? the market doesn't seem to have liked the ton of the figures and direction one bit
    wow no wonder the game is so terrible right now..

Unless Activision is going to China, I don't see a good end.

It won't be positive for everyone else.

Diablo Immortal is going to compete with existing Chinese products. Will it succeed? More to the point, will Chinese players give up their game of choice, after being invested?

The investment part is important - They already play a D3 clone, and they have time and money to show their feats! ($$ mobile) .. They are dedicated to their game.

Will they start from scratch to play D3? It's nieve to think D3's story is better than NetEase's, especially if nobody see's it.

Will Chinese players drift to Activision, when Chinese players are already financially invested in their game of choice?

If Activision falls below $20, I'd recommend to buy .. otherwise ...
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-12-13 at 05:05 AM.

Me thinks, getting rid of Ion will help bring Blizz back up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Unless Activision is going to China, I don't see a good end.

It won't be positive for everyone else.

Diablo Immortal is going to compete with existing Chinese products. Will it succeed? More to the point, will Chinese players give up their game of choice, after being invested?

The investment part is important - They already play a D3 clone, and they have time and money to show their feats!

Will they start from stratch to play D3? It's nieve to think D3's story is better than NetEase's.

Will Chinese players drift to Activision, when Chinese players are already financially invested in their game of choice?
    I know a lot of ppl in china that play the WoW mobile clone.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post

I know a lot of ppl in china that play the WoW mobile clone.
    WoW =/= Diablo.. ok tho.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juuza View Post
    Not in this thread: Rockstar releases the highest selling game of the year, held to the highest acclaim, and strong candidate for game of the last few years.
    Also not in this thread: Take Two Interactive's stock has plummeted despite literally releasing the best game this year
    Also not in this thread: Someone who knows something about the stock market
    *scruffy voice*

hyup, checks out

*/scruffy voice*

WoW =/= Diablo.. ok tho.
    Order and Chaos= wow mobile clone
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

It's not even about caring, it's the flat out invention of stories about why and how something happens.
    I was confused anyways. Thought I was still in the Star Citizen thread. Ignore what I said

They should have announced Diablo IV... they didn't so now they are paying for it.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

While the ignorant peanut gallery bitches and moans...

I would buy Activision stock right now, as much as you can.

EA as well.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Well, when gaming stops being about making great games that get players to enjoy the game and instead changes to "How can we milk this for the most money possible?" then it crosses the line at which gaming will decline, and in the long term it will die. I could have told you that Blizzard was eventually going to go into decline with Activision progressively taking Blizzard's assets and milking them harder and harder, especially since they went so far as to drive out former (major) employees, even the former president of Blizzard himself (still surprised that Activision had the gall to push for this, and then went so far as to say "he was a bad CEO since he wanted to make great games [instead of milk them]". Activision thinks they are infallable and have incredible amounts of arrogance.

If Blizzard is going to go down, I hope at least Activision gets taken down, too. And not out of spite, but because they are literally becoming a cancer to gaming, they are nearly as bad as EA at this point but (mercifully) on a smaller scale.

Eh, I am taking this a bit too personally, though. For now, I am just watching and waiting. I am at least curious to see how things play out right now.
    There are plenty of amazing devs still around if you are not a "I NEEDS DA BERRRST GRAFIX" type of person. Plenty of amazing games that are made by small dev teams. What you are going to see is the rise of the indie devs as the big boys crash to the ground just like in the 80's and 90's when some of the big players vanished like Atari.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/bliz...the-storm-news

HotS Devs being moved to other projects; HotS eSports events in 2019 cancelled.

Kotaku's Jason Scherier even reported a couple of weeks ago that Blizzard was told to cut costs and move games. Looks like this is the first step in that direction.

https://kotaku.com/the-past-present-...blo-1830593195

Call of Duty mobile. Can't wait. Zzz..

HotS is a good example of why copying others innovations doesn't get you a gold, silver, or bronze.

I suppose the practice works sometimes, like in WoW; but standalone titles will suffer the biggest, as they already have little fandom to begin with.

Deleted
    Well, the behemoth has been going strong for a long time, but everything gets old and dies in the end. After over 14 years of playing the game, I'm fine with WoW starting to push up daisies, a new Warcraft RTS is not very likely since the genre isn't very popular at all, and quite honestly personally I couldn't handle a new Diablo clone right now (if ever) so I'm fine with that franchise being sort of dead as well (and those "projects" they supposedly have going may just be killed off without much ado.) Never got into the MOBA stuff so HotS can go too. Not into virtual CCGs so Hearthstone dying won't be a big deal for me personally.

Overwatch though... I love the world and the stories, and while the game is obviously very repetitive, even with new modes, it's still good brainless fun to kill time on, and I kinda wish the world would be used for some storytelling in some format.

Activision may have given Blizzard a monetary boost to develop stuff, but quite frankly they'll also be the reason the company dies. Having said that, it may not happen now, or fast, but eventually, and inevitably.

HotS is a good example of why copying others innovations doesn't get you a gold, silver, or bronze.

I suppose the practice works sometimes, like in WoW; but standalone titles will suffer the biggest, as they already have little fandom to begin with.
    It likely could have worked if Blizzard's IPs were Nintendo tier powerful, it came out around the heyday of MOBAs, and League and DotA weren't all-powerful in the market.

The entire tech sector's stocks have been falling. It's a course correction more than anything else, as said stocks were grossly overvalued.

So no, the pet peeves of Western gamers on forums have little to do with this. Diablo Immortal getting hate on Youtube does fuck for all stocks, not when Blizzard will make billions off it when it actually releases.

hots is the most fun moba on the market

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The entire tech sector's stocks have been falling. It's a course correction more than anything else, as said stocks were grossly overvalued.

So no, the pet peeves of Western gamers on forums have little to do with this. Diablo Immortal getting hate on Youtube does fuck for all stocks, not when Blizzard will make billions off it when it actually releases.
    The economy is in free fall but the AAA game industry has essentially crashed with Blizzard, EA, and Bethesda the big losers so far. Clearly the massive negative down votes did hurt Blizzards stock but their entire game library hasn't done well and is the main cause of the sudden stock plummet. Blizzard is still very profitable but not as profitable as they'd like to be.

The game industry goes through phases like this every so often and this time around it's the death of micro-transactions. If 2018 shows us anything it's that a good single player game is what people want right now with no micro-transactions. Unfortunately for Blizzard they haven't made a single player game since the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo era, and it doesn't seem like they're interested. They want to make multiplayer focused games which is a fad in the gaming industry, at least until the people get sick of it and want their single player games. Fact is multiplayer games are easier to develop compared to single player, hence why Blizzard for the past 20 years has focused on multiplayer, which is a mistake since Blizzard thinks they can find a multiplayer game that everyone will jump on and according to their stock they're wrong.

Of course 2018 also had Fortnite and PUBG to thank for the next big multiplayer wave, which everyone and their grandma is now adding a battle royal mode to their games. When it comes to these big multiplayer gaming waves, only two tend to make it big while everyone else tries to cash in. Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament were some examples, and then we have MMO's like World of Warcraft and Everquest, but these all tend to die and we're back to single player games. The mobile gaming era may also come to an end because at some point people smarten up and stop playing awful games. I really doubt Diablo Immortal is going to make much money, as Battlefield V shows that the gamers do indeed hold a grudge.
    Last edited by Guardian Bob; 2018-12-14 at 05:00 AM.

Eh?

HotS was suuuuper late to the party. Hell, that was one of the biggest criticisms leveled at it when it was announced. That it was very late in coming, MOBAs were already being strangled out by the "Big Two", and that it likely had a huge uphill battle to gain relevance.
    Which was really odd because they had the raw version of it working for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The entire tech sector's stocks have been falling.
    True, but most tech dropped 10 to 15% at highest. Actiblizz stock dropped 40%.