Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    A lot if Ion's answers show that the devs are trying to reinvent the wheel for many systems. Systems that have worked great in previous expansions and instead of reinventing only need optimization. WoW is 14 years old. If they don't have an enormous amount of understanding of whtat works and what doesn't by now, they don't deserve profits.

For the love of god MMO, please put in BIG RED TEXT that this interview was conducted BEFORE release so people don’t get it mixed up with the intervieww Q & A coming up.

Quite bothering to see that. It has to be painful answering to all those questions, knowing, that it's been few months after they have been asked... not entirely successful months.
    Thankfully to Ion there were no questions about Azerite system nor Warfronts. My hands are always sweating with embarrassment whenever they are struggling to defend it

There are 2 main problems I see with this Q&A:

1) There is nothing stable in WoW anymore. Everything is changed and reshaped every expanion. There is hardly any system that survives an expansion in the state it has been created (maybe WQ which is a failure in my opinion/ and mission tables?). I have always been wondering - if I were a developer, and my game failed, I'd have picked whatever players loved and whatever worked and put it altogether. It's THAT simple. The funniest thing is that BfA doesn't look like they cut the costs - it feels like a lot of resources have been used to produce this expansion, but the allocation of those resources has been missed extremely.
    Classes - change after change. Garrisons > Order Halls > ??? Challenge Modes > Mage Tower > Mage Tower 2.0?
    And now example from the Q&A - With every expansion, the team has changed their approach to professions. Just make one. ONE. working system and all will be fine. There is no need to try so many things. Professions doesn't mean anything, because none apart from top raiders and wealthy people is going to sink they gold for items that won't matter in few days, because there is a better item dropping from mythic 5+ I can farm...

2) Every change is being made at the cost of something else. The most visible effect of that politics is the decline in guild's usefulness. For the sake of wider society with tools like "Communities", Group Finders etc. the family&friends communities almost died in this game. Even if I didn't like the expanions like WoD in example, I have always return to play with friends and my guild. Now, it's hard to find some good social guild, as I am not a type of a raider. There are hardly any activites that require a group, and if there are so, there is a Group Finder that will do the job for me

LFR is another example. I can't really understand why people defend it. I have no time to raid. But whenever I had raiding guild, taking a spot as DPS and discovering the instance was something special. Now, for the sake of "everything for everyone" philosophy, they keep tools like LFR, which obviously is just an AFK-fest, being boosted by 3- top DPSers in 25-players group. Everyone ignores the mechanics, and whenever there is a harder boss, Durumu the Forgotten from Throne of Thunder comes to my mind, people still ignore the mechanics until they got like 15 stacks of Determination And then you realize that 90% of your team changed. Ah yes, and items trading.

I have that starge feeling that todays World of Warcraft is all about "everyone should have their fair share". There is nothing about "achieving" anymore, which feels like a crucial aspect for the games health. I am not sure if making this game harder and restoring it's old philosophy would make World of Warcraft great again. But I know that todays WoW doesn't work and it's worth giving a try.

i dont give a fuck about LFR

so should everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by velspine View Post
    For the love of god MMO, please put in BIG RED TEXT that this interview was conducted BEFORE release so people don’t get it mixed up with the intervieww Q & A coming up.
    I was wondering that, that this COULDN'T be the q and a they were taking questions for all week if it was actually conducted months ago...
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Another pointless QnA brought to you by the greek WoW community

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Personal Loot is here to stay
    That's funny because I was "here to stay" on WoW until BfA and shit like this.

Looks like I'm still not here to stay.

I've never ceased to be amazed by this guy's ability to talk BS without blinking an eye.

Nobody cares about any difficulty except mythic. LFR/Normal/Heroic needs to go. Raiding isn't for everyone. Get that into your skulls.

Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    Nobody cares about any difficulty except mythic. LFR/Normal/Heroic needs to go. Raiding isn't for everyone. Get that into your skulls.
    And content is developed for the majority. When you Mythic Raiders are in the majority then content will be developed around you more.

Simple as that really. So no let's not remove the content the majority participate in just so you can have "MUH RAIDING PRESTIGES" despite the fact Mythic raiding already offers prestige.

Until then I'll keep raiding Normal/LFR and getting mah 355 stuff and 340 stuff on alts.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-12-14 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    Developing content that the majority of the playerbase is never going to see is a massive waste of resources. Get that into your skull.

There is a reason why they made raiding more accessible in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Trash game Trash devs
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Greeks are a good community it seems , no stupid questions.

Ian is a really likeable person... but even he has to realize soon that he's turning the game into garbage

Wait is this the official Q&A then?

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Systems that have worked great in previous expansions and instead of reinventing only need optimization. WoW is 14 years old. If they don't have an enormous amount of understanding of whtat works and what doesn't by now, they don't deserve profits.
    Nothing works in wow, and especially not 'great'. Every system is massively complained about.

Deleted
    I will resub if this cancer "lawyer" kid will be jobless.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except there is still restrictions on weapon trading. I've now been into Uldir for 'a couple of months' and I've still not had the one item i actually need. So no, the system doesnt work, and I'm being forced to grinding content bcos of these dumb restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Av9 View Post
    Ian is a really likeable person... but even he has to realize soon that he's turning the game into garbage
    Why are you assuming he doesn't realize it and it's by accident? I think we can both agree he's not stupid, and he's shown he's aware of the complaints he generates.
    At this point, isn't it more likely he's just getting a check from Square-Enix or someone for every customer he drives their way?
    Unlikely as that may sound to you, ask yourself this: how would he behaving any differently if that was indeed the case?

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    Wait is this the official Q&A then?
    No, that one's tonight, in like 5 hours from now.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!