Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    With the token that cash grab got even worse(yes, YOU only pay gold but someone else has to pay even more real money to buy that token.
    Uhm, and we care because...? It's their money. If they decide to spend it on tokens, then 1) They probably can afford it 2) It's their right, and their choice. Who are we to tell them what to do with their money?

Kinda similar with this bundle. If someone wants to buy it...Why should we care? It has no impact on anyone besides the person making the actual purchase. And the way people get upset, you would think Blizzard murdered their entire families, pets included. It's baffling.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    dozens? you mean thousands?
    its a 5 million gold mount dude, i dont know anyone who can make 5 mill in "dozens and dozens" of hours
    5 mil gold is about 900$
    It was a figure of speech, but it sure as hell doesn't take thousands either.

- Who cares about store mounts lel
    - Literally everyone being asshurt by this announcement, I wager.

On another note, not sure why they're retiring Mischief so early... Maybe he just didn't sell very well? Edit: Saw now that he's merely listed as being part of the 50% sale. That makes sense, then I'm willing to bed this retirement is all about making room in the shop for new, better selling items.
    And here's hoping that the retirement of the Grinning Reaver will result in actual in-game equivalents, much as what we've seen happening with the bat mounts as of late.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Oh good, the stupid posts are the first ones I get to see.

They aren't trying to 'pull a fast one' or get away with something, they are a 'for-profit' company running a promotion to boost sales and introduce a sense of rarity to their items.

I know you likely all grew up on Disney movies and now feel betrayed to learn that you live in a capitalist, marketing-oriented, global marketplace, but yes my delicate little flowers, this is how the world works. And I'm also still trying to figure out how exactly, or why, this seems to bother you for some reason?

Cheers!
    Always nice to see some level-headedness in these shitshows.

Lol the amount of salty cry baby specials in here.

Despite all the people pretending the "leaks" about the changing policy at Blizzard are fake, everything coming from them in the last couple of months has confirmed it.

They are fighting tooth and nail, doing everything they can to rake in dough, and doing nothing at all to improve the health of the current expansion.

Greed on top of greed.

omg! omg! Thankyou so much Blizz for this wonderful gift at this festive time.
    Mum!!!!!! Can I borrow your credit card again please?

Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    Items in the See You Later Bundle will enter hibernation on January 6, 2019 and will no longer be available in the Blizzard® Shop or in-game shop (until further notice). These items may return at some point in the future.

Of course they will. Another cashgrab to trick people into thinking certain pets and mounts will be gone forever unless they buy the bundle.
    regardless if they will or wont its a really good deal for anyone who dont have them whether you like it or not.

usually they cut prices by half on holidays - in this case theycut off 2/3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Uhm, and we care because...? It's their money. If they decide to spend it on tokens, then 1) They probably can afford it 2) It's their right, and their choice. Who are we to tell them what to do with their money?

Kinda similar with this bundle. If someone wants to buy it...Why should we care? It has no impact on anyone besides the person making the actual purchase. And the way people get upset, you would think Blizzard murdered their entire families, pets included. It's baffling.
    Nobody cares. Like nobody cares if someone artifically increases the price of HIV-treatments by 400% over night. It's his stuff, he can do what he wants with it. You do not have to buy it. It's the market. Pray to the high lord of money.

Granted, in this case here there are not 100.000s of people that will die(and in case you didn't know: This is market REALITY...not fiction)...but the mechanic is still the same. So is the rhetoric of people like you.
    You think people don't need to buy the pets...but if Blizz thought the same then why would they have created that shop? They know how human brains work. They know that although people don't really HAVE to buy the pets they will still feel the strong urge to buy them cause they are "special". They abuse psychology to make money.

If you buy the bundle it will do something(unlike what you claim). Just like it did with first pet people bought. If people would not have bought that first pet we might not have the situation we got today. Blizz saw back then that they can make a s***load of money with almost no work....and since that day one of those lazy decisions followed the other. Check the token. It was not introduced for the players. There is no reason why it has to be more expensive than the monthly subscription...aside from Blizz getting money for literally doing nothing. The whole "what is fun for players"-mentality switched to "what gains us the most money"....and they are really pulling all psychological tricks there by now(down to the point where they apply techniques that are proven to fertilize gambling addiction...and they use them on kids).

But it's all fine. It's their game. Don't talk about your opinion about it. Keep your mouth shut. It's the market. We can't change it.
    Last edited by Pacster; 2018-12-20 at 11:47 PM.

These items may return at some point in the future.
    Blatant cash grab to boost those Q4 numbers for shareholders? jesus this company is pathetic and it's fanbois are nearing the same level

gotta add this - if they care cleaning the game shop this means they will bring new shinies in there and this makes me happy since it will be something to put the ingame gold into

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody cares. Like nobody cares if someone artifically increases the price of HIV-treatments by 400% over night. It's his stuff, he can do what he wants with it. You do not have to buy it. It's the market. Pray to the high lord of money.

Granted, in this case here there are not 100.000s of people that will die(and in case you didn't know: This is market REALITY...not fiction)...but the mechanic is still the same. So is the rhetoric of people like you.
    You think people don't need to buy the pets...but if Blizz thought the same then why would they have created that shop? They know how human brains work. They know that although people don't really HAVE to buy the pets they will still feel the strong urge to buy them cause they are "special". They abuse psychology to make money.

If you buy the bundle it will do something(unlike what you claim). Just like it did with first pet people bought. If people would not have bought that first pet we might not have the situation we got today. Blizz saw back then that they can make a s***load of money with almost no work....and since that day one of those lazy decisions followed the other. Check the token. It was not introduced for the players. There is no reason why it has to be more expensive than the monthly subscription...aside from Blizz getting money for literally doing nothing. The whole "what is fun for players"-mentality switched to "what gains us the most money"....and they are really pulling all psychological tricks there by now(down to the point where they apply techniques that are proven to fertilize gambling addiction...and they use them on kids).

But it's all fine. It's their game. Keep your mouth shut.
    you are missing 1 very important point of view

what if we like the direction game is taking and the items in game shop

wow is not a game that attracts young crowd anymore - most of players are 30+ years old weterans who make without any problem 20+ euro per hour .

you seem to have problem with what other people spend their money on. and its really sad .

stop being jelly

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't you guys have money?????????????????
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Today Dow Jones hit the lowest point in the last 14 months. Its obvious that its blizzards fault and we should create at least 20 threads complaining about the global economic disaster that actiblizz will bring to the world.

But it's all fine. It's their game. Keep your mouth shut.
    Did you just compare virtual cosmetic items in a video game to life saving medicine? I think I'm gonna have to sue you, since your post gave me brain damage.

Yes, people don't NEED to buy pets, mounts, or anything else. Why Blizzard would create such items, you ask? Because people WANT those things, which is NOT the same thing as NEED <insert another hard facepalm here, remembering your great comparison>.

Yes, companies monetize their games any way they can, only caring about profits, not the customer. I mean...Did people get born yesterday, that it's a surprise for them? Did people believe that Blizzard, or any other company, truly cares about their customers? If they ever did, it was always as a means to an end - getting more money. And you know what? As far as monetization goes, cosmetics are the smallest of evils in the gaming world. They are totally, 100% optional purchases, mostly aimed at collectors, and people with too much money. They have absolutely no influence on the game itself, and the average player who doesn't care about cosmetics. Your argument that it shows Blizzard how they can make a ton of money with minimal effort...Yeah, no. If they put in no effort into the actual game, people will quit, and stop purchasing cosmetics.

As for token - of course it was not introduced for the players, does anyone truly believe that apart from 8 year olds? Let me repeat it, for those in the back - ALL COMPANIES CARE ABOUT IS PROFIT. Every decision, every move, every action is dictated by one thing, and one thing only - MONEY! But guess what - sometimes earning money, and doing something that actually benefits players too, goes hand in hand. And suddenly, the token was born. Of course it's made primarily with money in mind. But it also is hell of a benefit for most players. Most people I know haven't paid a single dime for subscription in over 2 years. Got pets, mounts from store without opening their wallets. As for whales who buy the token for €, as I said before - I see no reason whatsoever to care what they do with their own money.

At least one sentence from you wasn't a total rape of your keyboard - It's their game. And they can do whatever they want with it. And you, as a player, can choose to vote with your wallet. Don't like what they're doing with their game? Quit. It's that simple. I'm sure they will miss you. Not.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    gotta add this - if they care cleaning the game shop this means they will bring new shinies in there and this makes me happy since it will be something to put the ingame gold into

- - - Updated - - -

you are missing 1 very important point of view

what if we like the direction game is taking and the items in game shop

wow is not a game that attracts young crowd anymore - most of players are 30+ years old weterans who make without any problem 20+ euro per hour .

you seem to have problem with what other people spend their money on. and its really sad .

stop being jelly
    A dude that seriously uses the argument that you first have to clean an online shop to add more items to it really wants to discuss with me on that level of stupidity?
    You are a troll.

Spend your money on whatever you want. I do not care for you and your money at all. What I care for is what you encourage with it. There are no better games at the end of that road...and no better world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Don't you guys have money?????????????????
    Yep. Because I work hard for it.

Bought the bundle because I wanted it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    It was a figure of speech, but it sure as hell doesn't take thousands either.
    to get 5,000,000 gold... ehhhhhhhhhhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yep. Because I work hard for it.

Bought the bundle because I wanted it.
    It was a joke man. Enjoy your stuff, personally I won't boost their numbers.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    What the fuck is going on at Blizzard ?

You know these items will come back eventually.
    nothing is happening

Q4 is ending managers wants their juicy fat end of year bonuses to be even more juicier so they bump numbers.

it has 0 impact on what is happening in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    There is still discount if you own some of the items
    Yup, if I was to buy it, I'd pay nearly £18 for the pets and helms.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Hilariously pathetic.