Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Come join the rain towards Final Fantasy XIV. Where leveling is slower, classes play slow in the start, but at least we got a good community, diverse, unique classes and a good storyline from start to finish

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I have 5.5 x 120s. I lvl alts mainly to help get various xmogs in current raids and do stuff like pet token wqs.
    I have 17 120s, I level a new one each week (by questing, no 110 boosts lol). I level alts because I used to enjoy it, 1-60 was my shit Alt perks are nice though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    WTF is wrong with ppl, why bitching about evry little thing

First BFA dont have the foult that you feel weak, it happen on each and ever expansion even on BC.

The game been working like this since the star.

Good lord. The exp lock was abuse to make gold, and stop bitching you use it for fun when 99% make gold with it. So yeah it wasnt suppost to work like that and they fix it. Deal with it, is how life work.

Man this day ppl bitch about every little small diteil on games.
    I don't recall scaling in BC
    Source for 99% figure?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    locking exp for twinks is totally fine. not for powerleveling doods.
    Why? You got stock in Blizz? lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    but as Blizz stated they made XP locking for a specific purpose. People have since found a way to utilize that in a way that wasnt intended and Blizz have fixed the issue.
    Oh, ok then. Well I guess I can expect some changes to the rest of the game that isn't used in a way Blizz intended then

- - - Updated - - -

oh so the xp locking thing was fun? u will bitch at anything, u knew well enough what it was used for
    Fun to me. I'm sure you do shit that I won't find fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    You just flat out admitted that people do it to get paid. Fun doesn't even factor in the equation. What is fun about mindlessly facerolling mobs all day? And don't give me that "fun is subjective" bullshit. I guarantee that if people couldn't profit from it, they wouldn't even bother.
    I don't profit from it I'm quite happy logging in my 110 everyday and doing legion content to get my legendaries to be stronger and questing in BFA for gear, and doing dungeons. I've played since BC and I have never nor will I ever power level someone.

- - - Updated - - -

What is fun about mindlessly facerolling mobs all day?
    If you don't like it then whatever but don't tell other people they aren't having fun, who do you think you are? Blizzard lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I have 17 120s, I level a new one each week (by questing, no 110 boosts lol). I level alts because I used to enjoy it, 1-60 was my shit Alt perks are nice though

- - - Updated - - -

Source for 99% figure?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, ok then. Well I guess I can expect some changes to the rest of the game that isn't used in a way Blizz intended then

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I don't profit from it I'm quite happy logging in my 110 everyday and doing legion content to get my legendaries to be stronger and questing in BFA for gear, and doing dungeons. I've played since BC and I have never nor will I ever power level someone.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't like it then whatever but don't tell other people they aren't having fun, who do you think you are? Blizzard lol.
    Your use of smiley faces disgusts me

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    A lvl 110 character is many times more fun than a lvl 120 character...so much stronger and versatile....
    Yep, just feels better to play.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Blizzard just can't admit, that people prefer Legion over BFA.
    Pre-7.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Diablo Immortal.
    So you don't have a phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    remove scaling = problem solve

scaling should NEVER happen in an rpg!
    Yep, get this shit out of the game.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Private servers are looking better and better all the time lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Keulenkommando View Post
    The fact that level locked boosting for leveling 110 to 120 is a thing and is in demand aktually shows how outdated the concept of leveling alts realy is. You have all these classes and specs in the game, but they are all locked behind this mind crushing wall of hours and hours of pointless leveling
    Yeah, I think it's time to give players the option to decide if they want to level with normal (IE new player) speed or something like 5 times as fast.

You could even make a gold sink out of it. Instead of paying other players to boost you just sell one time use +50% exp heirlooms for lots of gold. So veteran players could decide how many armor slots they use normal heirlooms vs expensive but better until they like the leveling speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jambalam View Post
    Your use of smiley faces disgusts me
    My Collection

- - - Updated - - -

Source for 99% figure?

no scaling, but there is always a power downgrade each expansion, from gear or from ability. Stop complaining about scaling.

- - - Updated - - -

Source for 99% figure?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure why the sarcasm happened, but yes you can expect changes. Blizzard has a long history of changes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Schintus View Post
    There's a lot of things I like from GW2, but there's also stuff I don't like :-D
    Forced scaling of everything up to max level is also one thing I dislike in gw2 and would rather not have in wow. It's pretty relaxing to be able to go in wow and farm some old raids or old elite quests solo without them being upscaled to your level.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Come join the rain towards Final Fantasy XIV. Where leveling is slower, classes play slow in the start, but at least we got a good community, diverse, unique classes and a good storyline from start to finish
    And where you can play only 1 character and if you want to play a different class you have to grind your ass off to unlock it on that 1 character that you have? Or did they change this already?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    And where you can play only 1 character and if you want to play a different class you have to grind your ass off to unlock it on that 1 character that you have? Or did they change this already?
    What are you talking about? You can make several characters, but you don't have to. Your 1 character can be all classes, and change between them at will. And "Grind your ass off"? You gain a big bonus to EXP gain if you have a class at a higher level already. You don't need to level multiple classes to unlock 1 anymore either. You don't need Gladiator + Whitemage to become Paladin. Gladiator just turns into Paladin at 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    I see no reason for the name calling here, just makes you look like a 12 year old with attitude problems.

And yes, it is fun to feel powerful. A fully Mythic geared 110 is a LOT more powerful than some 115 or so, because of the scaling. Twink boosting was a thing through all of Legion on lvl 101 toons with BoEs. To your surprise, people actually find it fun to be able to just mass pull a whole area and nuke it down, or blast through a dungeon solo.
    Doing that AND getting paid for it? That makes it double the fun.

Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean it isn't as such. Don't be so narrow minded and jump to name calling because you don't understand how others can have fun with things you don't see as fun.

- - - Updated - - -

And there is nothing wrong with that.
    I would LOVE if they added more difficulties to leveling, like Warmode but Hardmode instead. So you get 5-10% more exp, but every mob hits 50% harder and you can't pull more than a mob or two at the time, and forget about soloing Rares.
    Then they could have the normal mode as well, because though I do find leveling rather dull and boring, I don't mind turning off my brain for 30 minutes and do a level or two on an alt every now and then, while watching Youtube/Netflix.

- - - Updated - - -

To me challenge does equal to fun. I prefer having to pick my fights and not just run around on my mount pulling all the mobs then aoe them down. Which is why I've had a blast on a private vanilla server with leveling the past month.
    Then does it really matter if you're just going to go play vanilla anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    no scaling, but there is always a power downgrade each expansion, from gear or from ability. Stop complaining about scaling.
    Yep, but it wasn't like what it is now. Fuck scaling.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure why the sarcasm happened, but yes you can expect changes. Blizzard has a long history of changes like this.
    It happened because that's a poor response, I don't see them "fixing" other unintended shit that's been around since the dawn of time? They for some reason have this hardon for people leveling fast and afaik they haven't said why they want leveling to be slow as snot shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garybear View Post
    "Which is why I've had a blast on a private vanilla server with leveling the past month."

=

"just going to go play vanilla anyway"

???
    My Collection

Yep, but it wasn't like what it is now. Fuck scaling.

- - - Updated - - -

It happened because that's a poor response, I don't see them "fixing" other unintended shit that's been around since the dawn of time? They for some reason have this hardon for people leveling fast and afaik they haven't said why they want leveling to be slow as snot shit.

- - - Updated - - -

"Which is why I've had a blast on a private vanilla server with leveling the past month."

=

"just going to go play vanilla anyway"

???
    Really, you don’t see them fix other unintended shit? How about encounter exploits such as: pulling mobs out of the room on Grand Widow in Naxx to allow zerging the boss. Changing the way Rogues Fan of Knives interrupt works due to cheesing Anub’s encounter in ToC. Changing how Saronite Bombs worked during the Lich King encounter. Changing how the glider works with Emerald Winds that people used to basically allow flight in Legion. Changing WQs to not be completed in raid groups. Now, most recently the XP lock change. Changing SV Hunters Serpent Sting dot mechanic during WoD. There are multiple other examples and these are just the most obvious ones sticking out at this time.
    Sure, there have been others that are probably still around as Blizz probably doesn’t think them to terrible or as big of an issue as others, but to take time to act like Blizzard never changes anything due to an unexpected side effect or consequence of the system is asinine and ignorant.
    Your posts are also becoming hypocritical. You say you love playing and leveling on private servers which is a grinding, slow process and then complain Blizzard is trying to slow down leveling.
    You also state fuck scaling, something that has been praised by many people due to allowing people to level in every zone without having to skip entire story arcs and is generally only complained about by max level players due to increasing length of time to complete world objectives.
    At this point you are just starting to sound like you are hating on BfA for no other reason than just to have a point to try and be relevant on an Internet forum for a few minutes.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2018-12-21 at 12:30 PM.

Really, you don’t see them fix other unintended shit?
    You just casually excluded the last part of that sentence "that's been around since the dawn of time" your examples will have to be things that's been around since BC or wrath. Current exploits I obviously see fixed.

Your posts are also becoming hypocritical. You say you love playing and leveling on private servers which is a grinding, slow process and then complain Blizzard is trying to slow down leveling.
    I never said that, I was responding to someone elses quote. However, since we are here, Vanilla/Classic is a different game from retail. I expect to level "slow" when classic comes out. I don't expect to level slow in retail because I haven't in forever.

You also state fuck scaling, something that has been praised by many people
    And shit on by many people

At this point you are just starting to sound like you are hating on BfA for no other reason than just to have a point to try and be relevant on an Internet forum for a few minutes.
    I don't hate BFA, all expansions are the same to me because all I do is level mostly, I hate scaling and the leveling speed, BFA is fine otherwise in my eyes.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2018-12-21 at 02:11 PM.
    My Collection

There appears to be ways to dodge the ban.

See this post from wowhead

wowhead.com/news=289307.6/blizzard-issuing-suspensions-for-ivus-loot-bug#p4309817
    The game is not fair regardless if you exploit or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zjp View Post
    There appears to be ways to dodge the ban.

See this post from wowhead

wowhead.com/news=289307.6/blizzard-issuing-suspensions-for-ivus-loot-bug#p4309817
    The game is not fair regardless if you exploit or not.
    Best quote "The best way to keep the user experience fair and enjoyable is to properly test their product before releasing them. You can't keep the game fair with bugs because there will be loop holes, unless Blizzard manually review each user who exploit a bug."
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Every minor advantage = fun. I would like you to define "fun" for me. And not as vague as it seems with this dead meme.
    It was something different to aim towards.
    Gearing your twink up, in other ways than a m+ grind and high level raiding.

You do other things to achieve that, and then you get actually rewarded, because scalling on the gear is much more normal, so you get tons of stats.
    So you could have like 50% crit, and it's more fun to play than being hardcapped at 30.
    At least for me.

You then can take that character and obliterate island expeditions. You feel so powerful, and rightfully so, as you worked for it.
    And you can even make some cash with it.
    Literally the only time i enjoyed doing island expeditions was on my 100 dh, who isnt even a twink, but has like 220 ilvl or sth.

- - - Updated - - -

You just casually excluded the last part of that sentence "that's been around since the dawn of time" your examples will have to be things that's been around since BC or wrath. Current exploits I obviously see fixed.
    Like not falling through the floor in temple of snek? Yeah still happened to me like 2 weeks ago.
    Or maybe infected mobs aggroing mobs through the walls in wayccrest?
    How about the fact that by default u cannot place ground abilities (like death and decay or blizzard) out of line of sight (which you shouldnt) and yet it happens once every few runs that dnd places on a fucking roof, or lamp? (didnt happen in legion, at least not to dk blood i run m+ with, who is my irl friend).

And there's so many more, but those are just on top of my head.

You just flat out admitted that people do it to get paid. Fun doesn't even factor in the equation. What is fun about mindlessly facerolling mobs all day? And don't give me that "fun is subjective" bullshit. I guarantee that if people couldn't profit from it, they wouldn't even bother.
    People do bother though. It is a reason I sold 101 BoEs for a couple of gold caps in Legion. People LOVE the feeling of being powerful, that combined with the overflow of gold there was in Legion made it a gold mine to flip those items.
    If it was boring, they wouldnt do it, because there was hundreds of better ways to earn gold. Just because you dont like something, doesnt mean it is boring. So yes, fun IS subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ascensyon View Post
    leveling in any game after you've done it once sucks, don't just pin this on blizz.
    Leveling is a lot more fun in other games than WoW though.
    Lets take PoE (Path of Exile) for instance, I level up a bunch of toons every season there and have actual fun doing it. Another example is Vanilla WoW on private servers, leveling is actually fun there compared to current WoW.

So I am pinning it on blizzard for absolutely screwing it up over the expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

locking exp for twinks is totally fine. not for powerleveling doods.
    How so? How is it any different from selling Udlir, +10 or Conq Cap?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garybear View Post
    It matters, because me and a bunch of others have the opinion that Blizzard/Activison have completely ruined the game over the expansions. If the FIRST edition had a better (subjectively ofc) leveling experience, then wouldn't it just make sense to complain and hope they'd actually do something about the game before it actually dies? It is a reason guilds are dying one by one, the game is losing customers every day.

So ask your self this - why is WoW losing players? And shouldnt we, the consumers, voice our concerns so they might do something?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore