Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Natural gold acquisition in BfA

Now that they have neutered the gold farming method of levelling alts and parking them in front of your garrison/order hall mission table, I feel like the amount of gold you acquire by "just playing the game" is in the best state is has been since MoP, or perhaps earlier. There is no way to gain huge amounts in 2-3 minutes anymore. You have to actually work a little bit for it.

At launch, I felt that the amount you gained naturally was almost non-existent (my gold stash stayed pretty much the same for the first 2 months +/- ~5k), which I thought could end up being a problem for a lot of people. However, with the 5k+ you get from paragon caches (not to mention the AP and war resources), I feel like this is perfect and could do a lot to slow the huge gold inflation that's been happening since WoD.

There is also the potential of proccing a 5k mission every week but, like the paragon caches, you have to actually works for it by capping islands.

How do you feel about this?
    Woóds
    <Angered>
    Draenor EU
    Twitter

work... hey let me buy this stuff for X and sell it for More

No they just made it so you get 0 Gold by just playing the Game

10+ Year Old Account
    So far this expansion, I've made 520k gold just playing the game and doing transmog runs here and there. Gold is still not hard to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    So far this expansion, I've made 520k gold just playing the game and doing transmog runs here and there. Gold is still not hard to get.
    It's not, but in Legion and WoD that would be easy to do in 2 weeks. OP is right - this is a good rate of acquisition vs the silly crap of the last 2 xpacs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I'm not saying that you can't get gold or that professions are dead, just saying that you can't get tonnes of gold for essentially logging in and that this is a good thing.
    Woóds
    <Angered>
    Draenor EU
    Twitter

They really ratcheted down the free gold spigot that is for sure. But with 2k from emmisary quests and 5k from island weekly complete mission if you have a few characters you can bang through those on the gold income has gone up a fair bit in 8.1.

Deleted
    I remember making 100k a week with only Jewelcrafting in Wotlk, in 2008.

Those were the days!

Guaranteed that the lucrative gold missions come back by summer/fall. They already jumped a little in 8.1, they will want to use them to lure people into play during the lull. Get those alts up and ready now and put them to sleep for 6 months.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    did a 5000g gold mission today

feltgoodman

There is literally zero gold acquisition in BFA which occurs passively through playing the game. The 8.1 patch brought sustainability for the cost of raiding materials through emissaries and treasure map missions, maybe. I've only lost gold since WoD.

I noticed the mission table gold has went up slightly, by no means is it lucrative like it was in legion but I've been meaning to look into if its worth the resource collection/time. Polarthief could probably tell us if hes still into that stuff.

The paragon bags also contain like 5k gold, and you can probably average 2 a week give or take just from doing emissaries/invasions and nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    There is literally zero gold acquisition in BFA which occurs passively through playing the game. The 8.1 patch brought sustainability for the cost of raiding materials through emissaries and treasure map missions, maybe. I've only lost gold since WoD.
    Eh, I'm still pulling in anywhere from 10-20k/week from garrisons still. It's not a TON but it certainly offsets anything I spend, on top of actually playing the game on my 120s.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    work... hey let me buy this stuff for X and sell it for More

No they just made it so you get 0 Gold by just playing the Game
    Eh, no, you definantly don't get to 0 (zero) gold by just playing the game..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'm salty that my rogue doesn't have the ability to get free gold every week, even if, like you put it, it's for good reason.

I miss the ability to upgrade a follower to get passive gold per WQ, that gave significantly more motivation to do them even when they reward something you don't need at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming by this you mean getting a popular world drop for moggers and essentially selling big on it.

Quote Originally Posted by EllipsisW View Post
    Now that they have neutered the gold farming method of levelling alts and parking them in front of your garrison/order hall mission table, I feel like the amount of gold you acquire by "just playing the game" is in the best state is has been since MoP, or perhaps earlier. There is no way to gain huge amounts in 2-3 minutes anymore. You have to actually work a little bit for it.

At launch, I felt that the amount you gained naturally was almost non-existent (my gold stash stayed pretty much the same for the first 2 months +/- ~5k), which I thought could end up being a problem for a lot of people. However, with the 5k+ you get from paragon caches (not to mention the AP and war resources), I feel like this is perfect and could do a lot to slow the huge gold inflation that's been happening since WoD.

There is also the potential of proccing a 5k mission every week but, like the paragon caches, you have to actually works for it by capping islands.

agree that 5k gold missions are nice bonus for people who actively do islands .

but im just to lazy and to old to actively farm gold in game - thx god blizzard put in option to just buy gold via tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    I'm assuming by this you mean getting a popular world drop for moggers and essentially selling big on it.
    No, he means running old raids and dungeons for mog looks he doesn't have, most likely. You can get 200-300g per old raid boss counting gold and loot drops.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by EllipsisW View Post

You're entitled to your opinion. You're completely wrong, but you're entitled to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats barely 100k a month, do u raid actively with consumables?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s