Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    'Do you guys not play OMEGALUL verwatch?'

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    What people say isn't always the genuine reason. Looking at the broader picture it just looks like Blizzard is going to want to start to monetize the streams.
    What they want to start, what they are advertising and what they will have power on are separate things.
    Is their goal to monetize streams? Good, but since a couple of years the only reason Kaplan is giving is to "purge toxiciy from the community", without even defining what toxicity means for them, so if the ultimate goal is stream's monetization, well, they are doing it in the wrongest way possibile.
    I simply don't trust a company like those which feels to show virtue signaling to a toxic demographic composed of people who are not and will never be customers, at the cost of mutilating oneself. Because it's exactly the kind of people whom will erase a library for the use of an emote, like a mad dog.

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    The bigger picture here is that it's just a couple of steps away from criticising Blizzards direction (in any chat) and then logging on to find you have a permaban. As that superb Reddit post said - This isn't a Game designer decision - it's a PR and marketing team decision. And probably not even coming from Blizzard themselves. More Activision interference most likely.

I don't know what the deal was, but some how Blizzard NEEDS to cut itself away from Activision and get back to their roots.

they're just pushing their agenda.. unfortunately thats what big developers like to do these days instead of actually making good games

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah dude, here's my noggin working: It isn't as big of a deal here. You don't see people randomly breaking down to tears about May. There's some brexit drama but it isn't Trump.
    Are you just ignoring everything? England is pretty damn divided right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Lmao. Because corporate greed and data gathering is such an historic left-wing activity. Seriously, if you're this obsessed with hating other people because of your presumption of their political leanings, try going outside for a bit. It's not healthy.
    Corporate greed has been justified (or ignored) when it fits the narrative. Look at Google's recent snafu with Damore. Look at Apple's issues with suicide nets. Look at Facebook and its attempts to label "fake news."

You'll forget about things like information control, third world working conditions, carbon footprint and data gathering when the company decides to ban mean words, give you a multiple-selection combo box for gender and start shutting down the people you disagree with.

Corporations finally figured out how to neuter the effectiveness of that wing. Just construct a safe space around them.

It wouldn't shock me if they tried to push RealID again in a year or two.

I'm more concerned for being banned for some stupid reason. I hardly ever chat on twitch as I almost never watch stuff on twitch. But I do watch the AGDQ and SGDQ marathons at least a little bit each year. A few years back I got autobanned from the chat because I had a sentence that included the word "triggered" in it. Yes, I get that it's a word that people use to say something reminds them of some hurtful event in the past... but it's also a REAL WORD THAT PEOPLE USE. What pops up on your screen when someone runs over your trap when you're playing Junkrat? "Triggered!" Time to autoban the game of Overwatch from twitch. To possibly lose my 14+ year old accounts because some stupid auto-ban word comes up in casual conversation is frightening.

I'm sure many people don't remember, but the word "grapes" was auto-censored on the WoW forums for a while because it includes a "bad word" inside it. Censorship is always bad, but automatic censorship is deplorable, especially when it leads to false positives.

15+ Year Old Account
    So instead of hiring a mod team for the chat, they instead do this.

GOOD THINKING

/s
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a weird thing to do. Seems like an overreach.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Might be me, but this smells a lot more like rightwing than leftwing should it be politically loaded. Just more data collection to probably monetize in the future.
    This is completely the result of the whole "FUCK NAZIS" attitude that the left keep shouting whenever they hear "mean things", ie things they disagree with. Don't like what someone just said? Well they MUST be a "Nazi", and therefore because they are equal to literal Hitler, therefore there is nothing wrong with destroying that persons livelihood and taking away their rights.

This is 100% extremist leftwing thinking. I consider myself a liberal and even I see that.

Blizzard is completely lost and agenda driven nowdays . Can't support this company anymore

Quote Originally Posted by blehmeh View Post
    This is completely the result of the whole "FUCK NAZIS" attitude that the left keep shouting whenever they hear "mean things", ie things they disagree with. Don't like what someone just said? Well they MUST be a "Nazi", and therefore because they are equal to literal Hitler, therefore there is nothing wrong with destroying that persons livelihood and taking away their rights.

This is 100% extremist leftwing thinking. I consider myself a liberal and even I see that.
    Thats not even what i meant lol, this whole post reeks about starting to monetize streams in the future and gathering even more data on player behaviour with account linking. ppl that support monetizing in such ways are usually on the rightwing of the political spectrum (atleast here where i live), but not extreme right or extreme left, but i wasn't even talking about extreme left or right. I don't know why ppl need to assume that once you say left or right wing its always about the extremes.

'Left' and 'liberal' aren't the same thing btw. Maybe it's just an American thing?

Don't get why people are so mad/paranoid about this. I think its being blown well out the water. High chance this is just for promotion reasons like they have done in the past with WoW and PVP. They want to get people watching, a good way to do that is to give the player something for tuning in. In order to give the player something they need to know they play the game and the account they are playing on! Would be cool to see different rewards based on time spent in the stream and contributions to the chat.

They can't just go and ban you in game for saying something outside of the game that would be overreaching by a fairly large amount. Even if they were intending to do that you would see the ToS updated in all the Blizzard games you play to reflect that's what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    'Left' and 'liberal' aren't the same thing btw. Maybe it's just an American thing?
    ye liberal is here mostly seen as on the right side of the spectrum.

This thread is hilarious. Everyone complaining is just either making things up or crying they can't spam shit anymore.

"But that's what Twitch chat is for"

Bollocks. Just don't be a douche in chat and this change will literally not effect you. I'd rather go into a chat with only 10 people talking properly than 1000 people spamming fucking emotes and shitty jokes that have been repeated 1000 times already.

Blizzard want sensible chat alongside their events, I don't see an issue with that. If you reckon your Bnet account is at risk then the problem is with your behaviour, not the change Blizzard is making.

And before anyone goes "oh what about rogue mods banning people", Blizzard are a multi billion dollar company, you really think they'd not address that and let their reputation be destroyed by one power hungry low level employee?

TLDR: Don't be a dick and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    This thread is hilarious. Everyone complaining is just either making things up or crying they can't spam shit anymore.

"But that's what Twitch chat is for"

Bollocks. Just don't be a douche in chat and this change will literally not effect you. I'd rather go into a chat with only 10 people talking properly than 1000 people spamming fucking emotes and shitty jokes that have been repeated 1000 times already.

Blizzard want sensible chat alongside their events, I don't see an issue with that. If you reckon your Bnet account is at risk then the problem is with your behaviour, not the change Blizzard is making.

And before anyone goes "oh what about rogue mods banning people", Blizzard are a multi billion dollar company, you really think they'd not address that and let their reputation be destroyed by one power hungry low level employee?

TLDR: Don't be a dick and you'll be fine.
    Blizzard hasn't really shown a lot of control in the past over what they're willing to bitch about. People aren't worried about getting banned over something ban worthy, they're worried about a "Blizzard ban", like the pepe debacle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see no issue with this really... Just don't be a dick. It isn't rocket science... oh wait it's 2018 of course... 2019 will challenge our pointless outrage about non issues. How exciting

Of course people link a The Quartering video. The man who is creating a website safe space away from politics is complaining about Blizzard doing basically the same shit, what a fucking hypocrite. People take this D bag seriously? Stop linking that idiots videos
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-12-28 at 06:03 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    3 letters for blizzard. K Y S
    Same. George Orwell is rolling over in his grave...

Wow. Welp, time to stop supporting Overwatch. Grats to Bliz on driving me away from all of their IP's in one year I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    its just an internet thing, ppl talking and shitting all over topics they have very little knowledge on. but yes, if the last couple of years are an indication of anything, its that this is a much bigger problem than at first thought. turns out not everyone can speak on everything equally, shocking, i know. if enough people shouting nonsense sound the same they get strenth in numbers and it can create the illusion of relevancy, even if what they say is not a fact, not correct and is just pure bullshit.

on topic, yes its kinda shitty of blizz to do this but given that it is their platform which gives you teh ability to post on it they can do wahtever they want and not really affect free speach, they are not prohibiting you to do whatever teh fuck you want on a platform of your own ... or any other for that matter
    Last edited by mmoc4b988bc479; 2018-12-28 at 06:20 PM.