Poll: 4 months in WoD vs BfA, which seems more lackluster?

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

WoD or BfA past 4 months?

I think its fair to say that WoD has been considered the least liked expansion of all times up till now.
    Personally I enjoyed the first few months of WoD, but in general the player base seemed to hate its lack of content etc.

Now BfA till now, seems to be reaching WoD level of hatred from people playing the game. Everywhere you look around there has been a general grim going around. I know that grim always existed, even during good times like Wotlk etc, but just the amount of grim is outstanding.

So since we are 4 months into BfA with what seems to be a reduced budget expansion overall with a lot of missing things/fixes that were pointed out since beta, what do you think?

Is BfA going down to history as the least liked expansion and surpasing WoD?

Personal opinion BfA is the least fun I ever had in wow. I subbed and leveled early into the expansion, then set off doing dailies to unlock Dark Iron. I got bored as soon as I reached exalted and just quit. Haven't been back and I was looking forward to the experience changes etc so I would come back and level my dark iron but every single post out there has had me thinking is not even worth it as am just gonna level and then thats it, the end game seems lackluster as it was from the start of the expansion.

For the first 4 months I'd choose BfA easily. There is still time to overturn that decision but I don't see anything coming our way the next 4 months that would make me change my opinion.

So 4 months into WoD or 4 months into BfA, which one seems to be worse?

10+ Year Old Account
    Systems in BfA still need work but I'm having a pretty good time.

WoD was great until there was nothing to do, and that happened quickly.

Never thought Id say this
    But WOD was better 4 months in.
    Questing was amazing, story was very fun even if non consequental
    Dungeons were a blast and not bland

I mean I quit wod after highmaul but took me a while, ive already quit BFA
    Been playing since Usa open beta.

im pretty sure every current expansion is the least liked expansion of all time.

wotlk held this title as well, but many people seem to hail it as the best expansion ever now.

that said, i personally dont like bfa that much, but i feel like i disliked legion more. i blame random legendaries for this decision. i honestly preferred wod over legion, but im not a real fan of any of the three last expansions.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what kind of WoD you guys played, but I remember it's "daily quests" and "reputations" and that stuff was weird af. Classic-WoW tier, probably worse.

At least BfA has casual content outside of raids, even if it's questionable (spoiler: what the mmo-champion and reddit users spell may not match what the general WoW population thinks about BfA).

If you're going month for month then BFA is leagues better, no contest. The amount of reaching you'd have to do to say WoD is better is insane.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

In my opinion WoD was better off 4 months in due to class design and alts not feeling dreadful to play. At least 3 months in we had another raid (Blackrock Foundry).

classes in wod were still relatively fun to play compared to bfa, so wod wins any comparison hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    If you're going month for month then BFA is leagues better, no contest. The amount of reaching you'd have to do to say WoD is better is insane.
    Yeah, this is the truth. BfA has problems, without a doubt. To say those problems are nearly as impactful as the shit show that was WoD just isn't honest.

Personally WoD lacked content later on. Classes were super fun to play with, highmaul was ok and there were a few things to do at start.
    BfA's classes seem to be lacking depth, havent tried its raid but heard its the only descent thing that BfA has going for atm.

Sadly id say they're on par, with the only difference being that bfa has more content and likely will get an 8.3 patch before being finished, unless blizzard feel that by 8.2 its so disasterously bad they rush the ending in azshara.

Deleted
    WoD was awful, but the classes atleast played better.

I happily played through the entirety of wod with my only gripe being there wasn't more for me to do because it was a joy to play. Which even then frankly wasn't that bad, as it meant I got to work through my backlog of other games and shows instead of doing dailies / world quests (since that's really all that was missing).

BFA took 2 months to make me pretty much quit the game entirely, despite there being a metric crap ton of stuff to do, because it isn't fun to play.

WoD is absolutely a better xpac than BFA, no contest.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

At least in BfA I have things to do. Outside of the one week Tanaan Jungle was released, I don't think I stepped outside my Garrison for anything except instances.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    I feel I have more to do in BfA at this time than I did at the same point in WoD. That being said I am madder at BfA than I was at WoD where I was just bored.

WoD had fun classes. BfA doesn't. 0 reaching required. WoD might not have had that much content, but at least it was fun to do, unlike BfA, because in BfA while the content might be okay and there's a lot of it, very little of it is actually fun to do, thanks to classes being shit.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

What kind of content does BfA have that WoD didn't though..? Island Expeditions? lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Yeah, this is the truth. BfA has problems, without a doubt. To say those problems are nearly as impactful as the shit show that was WoD just isn't honest.
    The first 2 weeks or so of WoD were basically unplayable because of garbage servers. BfA has that on an on/off basis thanks to garbage sharding. Other than that the only real issue with WoD was that there wasn't that much of it, which I really didn't mind that much because the raids that were there were very good.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

If future patches don't drastically improve BfA it will go down as worse than WoD. WoD was lacking in content but at least what content we had was fun & the classes were for the most part fun despite some of the pruning. BfA class design is just crap so you can't enjoy the rest of the content because of it.

I loved the WoD questing experience and zones a lot more than BFA. Garrisons were kinda fun until you hit max level with all buildings and than your base just stood there for you to gather resources. Classes were also more fun to play.

BFA could turn out to be the better expansion overall, but WoD definately had a much better first 4 months.