Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Take two

here is the numbers for you.
    Longer time frame and better perspective is necessary. You're making it seem like those dips for non-Blizzard companies are the same in size.

The Sony dip that looks like they're hitting ROCK BOTTOM END OF THE COMPANY is a fucking $5-6 drop out of their $60 stock which has already recovered by half.

The Nintendo drop is an $8 drop from their usual $40 value and has stabilized and even poked its head up a little bit, but may drop again.

Apple's drop is a ripple in a fucking pond. It's the lull between phone generations and their "omg endtimes drop" is about $8 out of their usual $165 stock.

Not sure why you posted a picture of Microsoft and such a small timeline, even though they're one of the largest companies increasing the most in the shortest time, so I'll ignore that one.

Let's just put Tencent in a better perspective:

Now, let's finally move to Blizzard. They're bordering the line between being closer to their top stock value and $0 stock value, sometimes closer to $0. They haven't recovered, they still keep falling, and nothing is releasing any time soon to try to plug the holes in their sinking ship. Who knows how many years of revenue they've lost in the last quarter.

Before you think of yourself as the fuckin wolf of Wall Street, maybe you need to bring a little more inspection to what's going on, what it means, how you're going to say it, and if you want to open your mouth at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    Not to rain on your parade but just read their business report and their business call. Everything is down and the company did not make any new IP's to capture attention. Only King is growing in player retention.
    odd because BFA had more day 1 purchases then any other expansion
    monthyl earning from blizzard IPs is up
    monthyl earning from wow is up
    player retention is still high...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    The overwhelming majority of money in the market, 80%+, is tied to institutional investing funds. They have portfolios of 20-80 companies of which something like ActivisionBlizzard is but a small percentage of their overall investments.

None of the people managing such funds care a bit about Blizzcon or how a bunch of Uber geeks attending react to a product announcement or the corresponding message board or Twitter reaction. Period.

They look strictly at trends and projections. They don’t care if products are reviewed poorly or well as long as it makes money.

ActivisionBlizzard is being pulled on the coat tails of a general devaluation of the FAANG stocks as being strictly overvalued. If institutional investors cut their exposure in tech/entertainment 20% they sell off all of their tech/entertainment stocks. If they make up the majority of the money if you can’t find another buyer the price drops until you do. That’s market equilibrium.

So it’s entirely possible if 20% of outstanding shares hit the market the price drops 50%. At that point you may have a value stock. None of this is the result of a game.

I love mmo champion because of this kind of post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

You're right. It's not just Diablo:Immortal. It's a combination of a lot of other things as well. BfA underperforming and losing rapid subscribers. Destiny 2 massive underperform (going F2P for a short period of time). HOTS getting it's eSport and developers gutted. Do I need to continue? Blizzard hasn't produced anything worth mentioning in a long time. Their last success was Overwatch and that was long time ago and that fan base is also not the happiest at the moment I can tell you that much.

Deleted
    wow dead confirmed

It's a very bad drop. Saying many others dropped also is like saying "well, Bitcoin dropped 80% but the other cryptocurrencies also dropped". But if you for a moment try to imagine how it is to be in the shoes of an investor that just lost 50%, you would surely be very very very very angry.

The truth is that Blizzcon was a disaster and it showed that they have nothing extraordinary to show for the next few years except a fucking Chinese Diablo re-skin for phones. Then they've just acknowledged that HotS is actually a dead game. Then they started to pay people to leave the company. All these while BfA is in a very poor state, which I'm pretty sure it would be pretty clear if they would have the courage to show subscription numbers

All these are very very bad signs and good luck to those investing in Blizzard right now.

On the other hand I just bought my first mount from the shop, because it just looks so awesome

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Longer time frame and better perspective is necessary. You're making it seem like those dips for non-Blizzard companies are the same in size.

The Sony dip that looks like they're hitting ROCK BOTTOM END OF THE COMPANY is a fucking $5-6 drop out of their $60 stock which has already recovered by half.

The Nintendo drop is an $8 drop from their usual $40 value and has stabilized and even poked its head up a little bit, but may drop again.

Apple's drop is a ripple in a fucking pond. It's the lull between phone generations and their "omg endtimes drop" is about $8 out of their usual $165 stock.

Not sure why you posted a picture of Microsoft and such a small timeline, even though they're one of the largest companies increasing the most in the shortest time, so I'll ignore that one.

Now, let's finally move to Blizzard. They're bordering the line between being closer to their top stock value and $0 stock value, sometimes closer to $0. They haven't recovered, they still keep falling, and nothing is releasing any time soon to try to plug the holes in their sinking ship. Who knows how many years of revenue they've lost in the last quarter.

Before you think of yourself as the fuckin wolf of Wall Street, maybe you need to bring a little more inspection to what's going on, what it means, how you're going to say it, and if you want to open your mouth at all.
    as you wish, odd you show one example instead of many like i did, and you say i am the one being disengenius

and again we can see, you fail to understand the percent, is still the percent.
    and again i showed microsoft in such a small because we are talking about the RECENT not the last 20 fucking years.
    if we are talking the last 10+ years, blizzard is doing insanely well, and since 2013 has been raising and raising, so by that logic anything before 2013 is not worth the time of day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    It's a very bad drop. Saying many others dropped also is like saying "well, Bitcoin dropped 80% but the other cryptocurrencies also dropped". But if you for a moment try to imagine how it is to be in the shoes of an investor that just lost 50%, you would surely be very very very very angry.

The truth is that Blizzcon was a disaster and it showed that they have nothing extraordinary to show for the next few years except a fucking Chinese Diablo re-skin for phones. Then they've just acknowledged that HotS is actually a dead game. Then they started to pay people to leave the company. All these while BfA is in a very poor state, which I'm pretty sure it would be pretty clear if they would have the courage to show subscription numbers

All these are very very bad signs and good luck to those investing in Blizzard right now.

On the other hand I just bought my first mount from the shop, because it just looks so awesome
    except that is how it works...
    if you tell someone you were fired, they might assume you got fired cause it was your fault
    but if you say your entire branch got fired... well that tells a very differtent story...
    again you fail to even comprehend the entire point of the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    The overwhelming majority of money in the market, 80%+, is tied to institutional investing funds. They have portfolios of 20-80 companies of which something like ActivisionBlizzard is but a small percentage of their overall investments.

None of the people managing such funds care a bit about Blizzcon or how a bunch of Uber geeks attending react to a product announcement or the corresponding message board or Twitter reaction. Period.

They look strictly at trends and projections. They don’t care if products are reviewed poorly or well as long as it makes money.

ActivisionBlizzard is being pulled on the coat tails of a general devaluation of the FAANG stocks as being strictly overvalued. If institutional investors cut their exposure in tech/entertainment 20% they sell off all of their tech/entertainment stocks. If they make up the majority of the money if you can’t find another buyer the price drops until you do. That’s market equilibrium.

So it’s entirely possible if 20% of outstanding shares hit the market the price drops 50%. At that point you may have a value stock. None of this is the result of a game.
    Pretty much all of this entirely, big hats who buy stocks dont give a shit about azerite gear and battle pets.
    perfect example is how wotlk in the middle of it had this exact same drop, 52% in just a few months. WOTLK.
    if people are going to call BFA shit cause "50% stock drop" we must also say the same about WOTLK.

At any rate, is no one worried why there is more sellers than buyers?
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

I commend your effort OP but honestly, some people are so dumb that they just have to believe the stock dropped 50% because of a new store pet was badly timed or whatever their uneducated pet peeve is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    At any rate, is no one worried why there is more sellers than buyers?
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/31/inves...ber/index.html
    unless you mean wow token, which is people want blizz balance/time, but not many people want gold. as gold (other then frog mount, and ALMOST 1000$ NECK BOI) has little use. and people arte saving up for the eventual ez gold making like we had in legion and wod with table.

so bfa is 3x better then the best part of wotlk?
    nice logic.
    i no where near think BFA is the best expansion, not even close, atleast 3 above it.
    but it is not "the death of wow, worst expansion, sole reason blizzard lost 50%"
    I did not mention Wotlk. So I didnt say that you did.

I did not mention anything being 3 times better than anything else you did.

I did not mention it is the death of WoW. You did.

You see where this is going? Don't get mad at me for what you said.

as you wish, odd you show one example instead of many like i did, and you say i am the one being disengenius
    Now hold on. You're the numpty that decided to cherry-pick the way you want everyone to view reality. I'm not you and don't think we're similar at all.

Also, why are you fluctuating between currencies? USD or ADR pls sir.

7+ Year Old Account
    Now hold on. You're the numpty that decided to cherry-pick the way you want everyone to view reality. I'm not you and don't think we're similar at all.

Also, why are you fluctuating between currencies? USD or ADR pls sir.
    except i am not cherry picking, i am showing the full posts there, and those are in their national currencies, where they are based, i am not changing them, nor does it fucking matter...
    i showed evidance that needed to be shared, you interupted it as cherry picking, so i showed you the ENTIRE and you still say im cherry picking...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I did not mention Wotlk. So I didnt say that you did.

I did not mention anything being 3 times better than anything else you did.

I did not mention it is the death of WoW. You did.

You see where this is going? Don't get mad at me for what you said.
    so what is your entire point if you have literally nothing to say?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Maglen View Post
    While it can be explained away in many reasons the basic fact remains:

Losing a whole year of value is REALLY REALLY bad. Most companies would be looking to new leadership at that point.
    The entire stock market is in ruins - You're going to fire 5,000 CEO's? I think NOT lol

On Topic: Everyone cry's a river any time the stock market goes to shit.. People here play WoW, that doesn't mean shit in the real world - does that stop me from playing.. No I love the game. Is the game kind of shit right now.. Maybe - but stock is completely separate from how Activision Blizzard handles business: which is making hand over fist money constantly.

Deleted
    odd because BFA had more day 1 purchases then any other expansion
    monthyl earning from blizzard IPs is up
    monthyl earning from wow is up
    player retention is still high...
    It didn't sell the most...it sold 3.7 million. Don't fall for marketing garbage. Companies always do this. "fastest selling day 1" "fastest selling weekend" "fastest selling RPG in 2019" "Biggest MMO launch in 2019" "Most talked about MMO in years"

Look at their business report please. It's not hard to find. Majority of their money made in World of Warcraft is through micro transactions and customer services. They said so plain as day in their report. They didn't mention sub counts, box sales, or player retention. They only mentioned micro transaction sales in World of Warcraft.

Now please stop this and stop looking at stocks thinking they mean everything. Companies put yearly reports out. And in Blizzards case quarterly. You are also showing graphs but not comparing the relative loss comparison. Simply just looking at the charts and the line going up and down doesn't mean anything.

https://investor.activision.com/fina...rterly-results

7+ Year Old Account
    Guys Gals lets not panic.. square enix had the same thing happen a while back it's gonna be all okay... remember it's just a minor setback as kel thazad would say.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly ATVI stock is getting pretty attractive as the price continues to fall.

People are very short-sighted; the next couple quarters are going to be rough because they have no major releases coming from any of their IPs, but if you look at long-term prospects, you've got Warcraft III: Reforged, WoW: Classic, and Diablo Immortal all likely releasing in the back half of 2019. Even if you don't like or want Diablo Immortal, it should perform exceptionally well in China, and the Chinese mobile market is by far the most profitable games market internationally. 2019 is also likely to see the announcement of the next WoW expansion, Diablo 4, and probably other Diablo media.

Sure, it's possible that Blizzard will fall on their face and everything will go wrong, but look at the history of the company and the potential it has had for explosive growth stemming from just a single new title. WoW, Hearthstone, Overwatch. I don't see some bad optics changing that; they have some of the most talented people in the industry working on unannounced projects, and even if those projects are aiming at mobile instead of PC, mobile is a great place to invest in from a financial standpoint.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    It didn't sell the most...it sold 3.7 million. Don't fall for marketing garbage. Companies always do this. "fastest selling day 1" "fastest selling weekend" "fastest selling RPG in 2019" "Biggest MMO launch in 2019" "Most talked about MMO in years"

Look at their business report please. It's not hard to find. Majority of their money made in World of Warcraft is through micro transactions and customer services. They said so plain as day in their report. They didn't mention sub counts, box sales, or player retention. They only mentioned micro transaction sales in World of Warcraft.

Now please stop this and stop looking at stocks thinking they mean everything. Companies put yearly reports out. And in Blizzards case quarterly. You are also showing graphs but not comparing the relative loss comparison. Simply just looking at the charts and the line going up and down doesn't mean anything.

https://investor.activision.com/fina...rterly-results

yes, yes it did sell the most, it sold 3.4 day 1, more then any other expansion before.
    are you saying they are lying on their day 1 sales? that they are breaking the law and commiting tax fraud so they can try to retend their game is good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium

Just to dive into the AAPL portion.. we were OVER 1.1 TRILLION , we're currently 745B - don't get me wrong 157$ a share is one thing, but we WERE at 233$ - but I'll say that I'm not a boss at stock in any shape - But I will say that saying give or take 8$ is a LITTLE BIT OFF haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Guys Gals lets not panic.. square enix had the same thing happen a while back it's gonna be all okay... remember it's just a minor setback as kel thazad would say.
    Yeah Square E is EXACTLY comparable to Activision Blizzard LMFAO