17 7.17%
  • Tyrande Whisperwind

127 53.59%
  • First Arcanist Thalyssra

13 5.49%
Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Out of all the Elven leaders, who's the strongest?

Alleria Windrunner - A ranger-captain of Silvermoon who led her rangers under the Alliance of Lordaeron during the Second War. Absorbed the powers of the dark Naaru L'ura.
    "There is no problem. The Alliance wants every orc dead. So do I. We can work together on that."
    - Alleria

Sylvanas Windrunner - The ranger-general of Silvermoon, whose leadership acumen and martial prowess were without equal. Uses dark powers after being turned into a banshee by the Lich King.
    "The capital city is ours, but we are no longer part of the Scourge. From here on out, we shall be known as the Forsaken. We will find our own path in this world, dreadlord... and slaughter anyone who stands in our way."
    - Sylvanas

Lor'themar Theron - The Regent Lord of Quel'Thalas and thus the ruler of the blood elves of Azeroth. Was once the second-in-command to Ranger General Sylvanas Windrunner.
    "Come, let us welcome our wayward brother home by planting his grinning head on an end of a spear."
    - Lor'themar

Tyrande Whisperwind - The chosen high priestess of the goddess Elune, the former general of the night elf sentinels and the current head of the Sisterhood of Elune. Survived the ritual to become the Night Warrior, the avatar of Elune's fury.
    "Rise up! I want none of that, either! We are all sisters, equal in heart! All of us give homage to Elune! I want no one doing so for me."
    - Tyrande

First Arcanist Thalyssra - The leader of the nightborne of Suramar. Formerly a close advisor of Grand Magistrix Elisande, Thalyssra opposed the alliance with the Burning Legion during their third invasion of Azeroth.
    "Now the devils have taken Suramar. And by the curse of the Nightwell, I am damned to wither away.. As My.. City. Burns.
    Last edited by lolidk; 2019-01-03 at 03:19 PM.

With her transformation, Tyrande is an absolute beast, taking on Nathanos, 2 Valk'yr AND the OP player character alongside Malfurion. 1v1 I'm pretty sure she'd wipe the floor with everyone else, except possibly First Arcanist Thalyssra if only because mages and the like seem to be massively OP in the WoW universe.

5+ Year Old Account
    i would say alleria because she has eaten a naruu for breakfeast but so far she really hasn't show her full power.

so i will go with tyrande who was already strong, in books and in wc3.
    and now, she has going super saiyang for a reason capable one shotting entire armies.

Alleria is probably the most powerful, and only going to get more so. We haven't seen what she's capable of yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't Malfurion be included as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Malfurions no longer neutral now he's killing horde soldiers, so weird why he's not on the list, and he is the strongest of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Shouldn't Malfurion be included as well?
    We're only talking about the female elves here =)

Deleted
    Sylvanas untill they pull out some deus ex machina from Alleria

Theron is all talk, do nothing

Tyrande........... we know the deal here

And Thalyssra is just useless (not to mention the backstabing part)

Honestly, Maiev, Shandris and Jarod are better than Tyrande as a leadership figures

7+ Year Old Account
    they are only as powerful as the plot demands.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    From that list, a toss-up between Tyrande and Sylvanas if we go by what feats we already know they have done, but Alleria seems to be the one with the highest potential out of them, she simply hasn't had the opportunity to perform the feats the others have.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alleria, Tyrande, Sylvanas, and Lor'themar all have extensive military knowledge so I think that pretty much cancels each others' out, as well as all of them being talented archers, so I'm not even taking that into account.

~~~~~~

Alleria has the highest potential but we haven't seen her actually do much yet outside of helping teleport troops. Even draining the Darkened Naaru, she needed us to actually do the work to kill it before she could do so. Same with the elemental beforehand in Mac'ree.

Sylvanas has her banshee strength as well as her banshee scream and black arrow magics.

Tyrande is now the incarnation of Elune's wrath. Fought Nathanos and two Val'kyr on her own, as well as destroying an entire base of Horde troops instantly, including one shotting a Val'kyr. She also has the favor of a goddess that has done some really crazy stuff, like rendering her completely immune to physical and magical torture during the War of the Ancients and even removing the need for Tyrande to eat and drink when she was captured.

Lor'themar's primary strength now is politics, not combat. He was second-in-command to Sylvanas, but compared to the others he might as well just be a normal footsoldier.

Thalyssra is a very talent Nightborne arcanist, who specialize in times magics (She uses them as well, as we see in her intro with her having frozen the Nightborne sent to kill her), and actually evolved into a new subrace due to the power of the Nightwell around her for 10000 years. Again, she can literally freeze somebody in time.

I think the toss up is between Sylvanas and Tyrande. While its close, I think with the Night Warrior upgrade, Tyrande SHOULD eek out just a bit ahead. Before that I'd probably say its a tie between the two with Thalyssra a close third, with Alleria right behind her and Lor'themar far far in last. If we include Malfurion, he wins by a country mile.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2019-01-02 at 04:27 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande, but more importantly --> Malfurion.

Malfurion > Tyrande > Sylvanas atm > Alleria atm > Thal > Lorethemar

Had Illidan and Kael'Thas be on this list, I'm not quite sure where they'd be. I think both would go before Tyrande, but Malfurion's power is so inconsistent idk where he'd fit against the other two.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Right now it would probably be Sylvanas, she was standing toe to toe with malfurion, she can fly like a jet, she can raise an entire undead army in an instant and create death fog that instantly kills people. Tyrande hasn't really shown she can do much with her "powers" other than struggle fighting Nathanos until Malfurion comes to save her, Sylvanas wouldn't have a problem with Nathanos, but maybe Tyrande is still learning her powers so she could be stronger in the future.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post

Thalyssra is a very talent Nightborne arcanist, who specialize in times magics (She uses them as well, as we see in her intro with her having frozen the Nightborne sent to kill her), and actually evolved into a new subrace due to the power of the Nightwell around her for 10000 years. Again, she can literally freeze somebody in time.
    wait.. wasn't the time-magic a power that they had thanks to the eye of amanthul that they don't have anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    wait.. wasn't the time-magic a power that they had thanks to the eye of amanthul that they don't have anymore?
    Thalyssra didn't have access to the Eye of Aman'thul or the Nightwell when she froze her attackers from the capital. She was way out in Shal'aran and had already been locked out of accessing the Nightwell's power.

Elisande rewinding time and freezing entire armies was probably only because she was directly tapping into the Well, but I don't think you can say that Thalyssra was somehow still using it when she wasn't even in Suramar City anymore.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2019-01-02 at 04:34 PM.

Alleria Windrunner - A ranger-captain of Silvermoon who led her rangers under the Alliance of Lordaeron during the Second War. Absorbed the powers of the dark Naaru L'ura.
    "There is no problem. The Alliance wants every orc dead. So do I. We can work together on that."
    - Alleria
    And the first mortal to defy the shadows' whispers.
    i would say alleria because she has eaten a naruu for breakfeast but so far she really hasn't show her full power.
    Yeah, because this expansion is not about the Void but about the Old Gods, who have little to do with Alleria. Just wait for 9.0 which will obviously be about the Void Lords. Alleria is to the Void Lords what Illidan was to the Legion.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Thalyssra didn't have access to the Eye of Aman'thul or the Nightwell when she froze her attackers from the capital. She was way out in Shal'aran and had already been locked out of accessing the Nightwell's power.

Elisande rewinding time and freezing entire armies was probably only because she was directly tapping into the Well, but I don't think you can say that Thalyssra was somehow still using it when she wasn't even in Suramar City anymore.
    i mean.. how do you know that she could not use those powers anymore?
    because as far as i can remember, we haven't seen thalysra using those powers anymore, that could have been useful in the stormwind scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    i mean.. how do you know that she could not use those powers anymore?
    because as far as i can remember, we haven't seen thalysra using those powers anymore, that could have been useful in the stormwind scenario.
    Because you...have to actually be able to tap into the power of the fount of energy to get the power boost? The entire point of the punishment of outcasting of Nightborne who went against Elisande was so that they couldn't intake its power, Hell toward the end it was locked off from people who were even in the city as well and the Nightborne had to get their fix with arcwine.

She could freeze one person, I don't know how that really helps in Stormwind when entire contingents of troops were chasing them down, including Anduin, Genn and Jaina, one of the most powerful mortal sorceresses ever.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2019-01-02 at 04:43 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'm voting Alleria, with Tyrande being a potential hard counter, and Thalyssra being my second choice.

Lmao Lor'themar. I feel kind of sorry for him. Everyone else on that list has unique superpowers while he is just a generic ranger.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!