Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    For Vanilla and TBC it WAS REQUIRED if you wanted to participate in the content. This was the lived experience of most people who played at that time.

Forcing the vast majority of your players to either nolife or forego experiencing 75% of the raid content fits the description of "promoting unhealthy gameplay" perfectly.
    It was not """REQUIRED""" to invest huge amounts of time into vanilla to participate in raiding.

Maybe if you're in a super hardcore guild that requires you to have every single consumable for every raid, sure. But you don't need to be in a hardcore guild to clear raids, even naxx can be completed casually. I know because I've done it. I completed naxx raiding 2 nights a week, only took about 6 or 7 weeks of downing 1-2 new bosses a week.

MC and BWL are pugged easily, so are ZG and AQ20 which are even easier. The only raid content that you need a guild for is AQ40 and Naxx. And as I stated earlier, you do NOT need to "nolife" to complete those raids.

To claim that it is REQUIRED to "nolife" just to play the game, is a very clear sign that you've never actually played vanilla. Shoo, you have no standing to discuss these matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    This sounds like you're having a dialogue with the Devil on your shoulder.
    Yes, and the bastard isn't going to shut up, no matter what I try.

Send help...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Teaching kids to gamble is far worse than showing them that they have to work to earn things in life.
    Damn right on point. This resume what is wrong with the gaming industry in one sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It was not """REQUIRED""" to invest huge amounts of time into vanilla to participate in raiding.
    Maybe if you're in a super hardcore guild that requires you to have every single consumable for every raid, sure. But you don't need to be in a hardcore guild to clear raids, even naxx can be completed casually. I know because I've done it. I completed naxx raiding 2 nights a week, only took about 6 or 7 weeks of downing 1-2 new bosses a week.
    I once made a spaceship, went to Mars, said hello to the Martians, fucked their queen in the ass and came back in only 3 days. This is what happened to me, not some "I know a friend" shit story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tjaz View Post
    People are capable of making their own decisions on playing hours. It's like a fat guy blaming mac donalds for having food that tastes good.
    People are not capable of anything, you're just being completely ignorant. Just saw a story about a dude asking Path of Exile devs to disable microtransactions for his account because they are ruining his life. And they did exactly that, they did not say "you are capable to make your own decisions".

I watched a 12 year old I know play Fortnite for basically an entire day without stopping recently. That game is not as deep or time consuming as WoW but is just as addictive for people who are susceptible to that in games. The real difference is that WoW is social and arguably rewards the time you put into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never went for rank 14, but it was cool it existed for the super hardcores.

40man was not unhealthy in any way, just required some effort into recruiting, which guilds still deal with today, infact, today you gotta provide resumes more impressive than ever, infact, raiding today is more unhealthy in that aspect.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I never went for rank 14, but it was cool it existed for the super hardcores.

40man was not unhealthy in any way, just required some effort into recruiting, which guilds still deal with today, infact, today you gotta provide resumes more impressive than ever, infact, raiding today is more unhealthy in that aspect.
    Yeah 40 mans (MC particularly) are going to be quite accessible in Classic a few months after release. Which is good of course, people today who never had the chance to play through that content can do so while still having the same sense of achievement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    From 40 man raiding to the rank 14 grind. You all must admit the sheer amount of time that you had to invest to get the best items in the game required an unhealthy amount of hours?
    rank 14 is unhealthy, I give you that. But 40 man raiding does not require that much time in my opinion, especially if you are "just" a normal raid member.

Forza Horizon 4 for PC
    Highly compressed
    dl.free(dot)fr/i7HjMVevb

Players promote unhealthy practices. Games do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Players promote unhealthy practices. Games do not.
    I would agree. This is like saying college promotes an unhealthy lifestyle because many college students drink too much and have a terrible diet.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    What makes you think you deserve to see 100% of game content without putting enough hours into the game? This this is exact problem with current wow. People like you who feel entiltes to see and get everthing in game. No do no get to see 100% of gamw content is absolutly fine and it definitly isnt unhealthy. It is most healthy thing yoi can have in mmo game.
    Sorry for the rather late response. I've been away.

Anyhow your asinine post deserves a rebuttal. No one is saying that anyone deserves to see 100% of the game content without putting enough hours into the game. What I am absolutely saying though is that number of hours required to see most of the content while it is current shouldn't be nearly as much as is needed to participate in Mythic raid content.

PS: I am still waiting for you to link your toon that has 372 ilevel just from (Uldir) LFR raiding.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2019-01-02 at 01:41 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    R14 was dumb, I agree. But who cares? There will be no xmogs, no achievements, nothing of that fluff that encourages such behaviour. As for 40 man raids... they weren't unhealthy in any sense, unless you wanted something like realm first AQ40 or Naxx. If anything, the problem were badly designed encounters like 4 horsemen.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    R14 was dumb, I agree. But who cares? There will be no xmogs, no achievements, nothing of that fluff that encourages such behaviour. As for 40 man raids... they weren't unhealthy in any sense, unless you wanted something like realm first AQ40 or Naxx. If anything, the problem were badly designed encounters like 4 horsemen.
    There wasn't any of that fluff then either lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    There wasn't any of that fluff then either lol.
    And the # of R14's was extremely small, even smaller than 8/8M raiders today I'd wager. If a few people want to nolife the !@#$ out of the game, then let them. It happened back then and it happens now. The "promotion" that OP talks about evidently didn't work...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I once made a spaceship, went to Mars, said hello to the Martians, fucked their queen in the ass and came back in only 3 days. This is what happened to me, not some "I know a friend" shit story.

- - - Updated - - -

People are not capable of anything, you're just being completely ignorant. Just saw a story about a dude asking Path of Exile devs to disable microtransactions for his account because they are ruining his life. And they did exactly that, they did not say "you are capable to make your own decisions".
    Im not ignorant, those people are just weaker and lack discipline. Simple as that. The brain can overcome everything if you want it bad enough. Giving in to your temptations over and over again is a DECISION.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I watched a 12 year old I know play Fortnite for basically an entire day without stopping recently. That game is not as deep or time consuming as WoW but is just as addictive for people who are susceptible to that in games. The real difference is that WoW is social and arguably rewards the time you put into it.
    Sorry but fortnite have far more depth than WoW or any other Blizzard game thats why it is so addicting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevepelle91 View Post
    One of my biggest gripes with legion and bfa was the ap grind. I’d honestly rather grind rank 14 than do that shit.
    U cannot compare grind ap to r14 because:

1. ap can be grinded by solo playing
    2. ap you can grind with almost no limit
    3. in ap grind you can take a break for a pee or eat
    4. grind for r14 does not guarantee you reach it unless you have premade and with coalition with other pvp teams in your battle group
    5. for pvp grind you HAVE TO grind like a robot with no excuses
    6. ap grind is not must have - you can easly play with lover lvl to reach endgame (actual content)
    7. ok r14 inst must have too but its pvp endgame in classic