Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    WARMODE OFF.............. pvp = ganking, if you cant live with it, WARMODE OFF.......... why are people allowed to make these threads!?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno dude I can't remember the last time I went around one-shotting noobs. I kill low level people doing incursions and shit but that's just what you expect when you do them. I used to do it a bunch though just for lols because it's fun to gank lowbies. Hell it's part of the experience of a PVP server- going through lowbie zones on your way to dungeons you're farming mounts or shit from. You're red, you're dead. Nothing unusual. Sometimes it happens to you, sometimes you're the one doing it. It's all part of the dance.

If you don't like it now though, turn off War Mode. It's that simple. Just flip it off and don't worry at all ever. If you want that bonus, you gotta pay the price of getting ganked.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    WARMODE OFF.............. pvp = ganking, if you cant live with it, WARMODE OFF.......... why are people allowed to make these threads!?
    So we are not allowed to make suggestions? If a system in the game is flawed, it is only natural to want it improved. WM is a pretty cool system, but gameplay wise, it could use some improvement.

If Blizzard made a Raid boss that couldn't be killed and was just one-shotting everyone, then you could also say "Oh, just don't play that boss. It's your choice". But my feedback would be "Hi Blizzard, what about improving that boss?"
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-01-06 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    So we are not allowed to make suggestions? If a system in the game is flawed, it is only natural to want it improved. WM is a pretty cool system, but gameplay wise, it could use some improvement.

If Blizzard made a Raid boss that couldn't be killed and was just one-shotting everyone, then you could also say "Oh, just don't play that boss. It's your choice". But my feedback would be "Hi Blizzard, what about improving that boss?"
    No, that is not what you are saying. You are saying that "Blizzard I am too weak to handle the beams on Mother, please remove them to make it easier for me!". A huge part of PVP is ganking or getting ganked (sadly but that's basically the definition of World PVP)... why remove it? Just because you dont like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Supmotto View Post
    Yes....................................
    And this is why world PvP will always be a niche, dying gameplay style. And why just about 100% of PvP based mmos fail

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Nah. The people who spend their time at max level ganking level 20s have enough problems going on.
    Pretty much how I see it to, those who gank players multiple levels lower than them are just trying to make up for their own inferiority complexes..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Pretty much how I see it to, those who gank players multiple levels lower than them are just trying to make up for their own inferiority complexes..
    And all the people complaining about not enjoying their 30% xp bonus undisturbed have an entitlement complex. This amateur psychology bullshit is so weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    u mean the dishonorable system that i still don't understand why blizz removed it?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

No repercussions, No rewards.
    The big thing kills the little thing.
    As in life, so shall it be in WoW

Yes they should be able to, within reason. Which is exactly the soft rule set we have now. If someones ganking you to the point we call it grieving you can report them and they will get punished.

However, some repetitive ganking is a good thing, lowbies get shit on, lowbies call for help, their 120 come to defend. 1v1 can quickly eqcilate to a 1v4, the ganker gets pissed calls his friends and before you know it, its a mini arena style battle going on.

Personally though I understand the frustration of being ganked over and over.

When I started an alt a while back, I went through the content just fine until I hit hellfire. Now this was before warmode and I was flagged for one reason or another, I believe me and another 60 were duking it out.

Anyways, out of no where this 110 rogue turns up and obv one shots me. Fine, fun over move on. He spent the next 20 minutes camping me. I managed to get somewhere hidden so I mounted up, flew to the top of the box while heading to the next quest. I then doubled back in case he had seen the direction I was going. I landed and had about 4 minutes of peace before he turned up and killed me. Rinse and repeat. Again, I managed to mount up and flee to another area, same again few minutes later he turns up and kills me. So this time I take the GY respawn, park in HH hidden and go to make a sandwich. Come back, I'm dead. So fuck it, went inside the inn logged off to do something else.

I came back 2 hours later, started questing and boom. Fuckers there and kills me. Essentially rinse and repeat the above until I get irritated and just turn that toon off for the night.

Two days later I went back to carry on leveling, fucking 30 seconds of being logged in, dead. Same fucking rogue. Tried mounting and going else where again and each time he found me. Luckily this time I had some pvp buddies online so I got them to come and fuck with him. Just long enough to level and get out of that zone. Well they came and he carried on ganking me, gank, vanish, gank vanish. sometimes gank die, but he'd still come back.

I'd say this guy invested 3 hours of his time alone on me, let alone everyone else complaining in /1. To me that's grieving
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    Personally I feel like it's an outdated system. I feel like being ganked while leveling is much more of a problem with sharding. At the very least I feel like the bounty system should be implemented for low levels.

And yes I know warmode can be turned off, but the danger of having it on should be from having to fight other players, not randomlly getting killed over and over by bored level 120s.
    It has been this way since 2005, 2004 if you push it.

This is World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    A bounty system for low level zones would be a start. Buffing town guards would be another idea. Maybe add scaling for max levels, so that even though they would still be much stronger, lowbies could at least take a hit or two and have the chance of getting away.
    Sounds like a L2P issue tbh. I have been ganked by 120s and I have no issue getting away. Instead of coming up with crap that will ruin my experience, just turn off warmode. It is obvious that it is too advanced for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    There is literally an option to avoid ganks or not in the game & ppl still complain? What the actuall...

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Yes they should be able to, within reason. Which is exactly the soft rule set we have now. If someones ganking you to the point we call it grieving you can report them and they will get punished.

I'd say this guy invested 3 hours of his time alone on me, let alone everyone else complaining in /1. To me that's grieving
    WRONG.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is griefing. Blizzard have never banned anyone when there was a player based solution available. Guess what the best solution for someone who gets ganked for over 3 hours is?

Turn warmode off. It's pretty simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IdentityCrisis View Post
    Explain how ganking is good for the game in any way except to satiate the sociopathic fantasies of egomaniacs?
    It has more value then going on an unofficial site and complaining when there is a very obvious solution. Turn warmode off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    There is literally an option to avoid ganks or not in the game & ppl still complain? What the actuall...
    You do know there are people that do want world pvp but not necessarily ganks...right?

It isn't really Pro-Gankers vs non-pvpers... it's a discussion about Ganking among PVP players.

Well, irl if you go in a dark alley at night someone might just come and shoot you, and there will probably be no repercussions, because there's no witness, no proof, nothing. So what would be the best way to avoid being shot in the middle of the night in a dark alley? Well, stay the fuck away from the dark alleys in the middle of the night...

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Well, irl if you go in a dark alley at night someone might just come and shoot you, and there will probably be no repercussions, because there's no witness, no proof, nothing. So what would be the best way to avoid being shot in the middle of the night in a dark alley? Well, stay the fuck away from the dark alleys in the middle of the night...
    using real life as an argument for games is kinda eh...low effort.

will never change, shitty pvpers need to kill something afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    We just had this thread a couple weeks ago.

Noskill bottom feeding griefers will defend ganking to their dying breath. They will perform Olympic level mental gymnastics to explain why one-shotting someone, who literally has no chance of actually fighting, is good and healthy for the game.
    And as explained during that time, PvP was never fair. It was never designed to be fair. Old PvP servers had that. Older MMO with PK also had that.

You not agreeing with the rules of combats does not mean it is flawed. There are plenty of warning which tells players what would happen should they opt in with the PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    And as explained during that time, PvP was never fair. It was never designed to be fair. Old PvP servers had that. Older MMO with PK also had that.

You not agreeing with the rules of combats does not mean it is flawed. There are plenty of warning which tells players what would happen should they opt in with the PvP.
    No one ever said that PvP is fair but for 20% XP bonus isnt worth it if you are getting ganked all the time. You will have more downtime then benefit from that 20% bonus. If you look it like that then real benefit from WM comes when you are lvl120 and you get bonus reputation. Less likely to be killed, even less chance to get killed, less chance to get one shotted....

Put bonus XP to 50% or 60% up to lvl100 and then you will see more people, at low lvl, running around in WM.