Thread: vaccines

vaccines

so some new information came out recently.

https://sharylattkisson.com/2019/01/...vt-covered-up/

I myself am pro vaccine and have had my kids vaccinated with no problems. what are your thoughts on this, I mean its no surprise that the government does this type of stuff, but is this doctor to be taken seriously?

http://fullmeasure.news/news/cover-s...ination-debate

Wait, when did WoW get vaccines?

shit my bad put it in wrong forum

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post

I myself am pro vaccine and have had my kids vaccinated with no problems. what are your thoughts on this, I mean its no surprise that the government does this type of stuff, but is this doctor to be taken seriously?

wrong forum.
    but there is lots of idiot doctors. times change and doctors sometimes are just idiots.
    there is doctors who get shit wrong all the time
    or doctors who just tell their clients horrible things
    there is a reason why you should see multiple doctors.
    sometimes a doctor can be stupid or be just dumb and skip things
    sometimes it can take 3-4 before you are properly diagnosed, or sometimes you are just paranoid

there will always be humans who get into high roll jobs *cough* president *cough* who make no fucking sense being in that role.
    there was that university teacher (FOR ETHICS AND MORALITY!!!) who thought trying to kill people was cool.

There was also the just recent thing with idk... fucking soulja boy promoting and selling an illegal emulation console, all the while laughing at nintendo "they cant do anything, they wont do anything, they cant."

OH BTW he was caught...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEuJ0hvepLg
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-01-07 at 04:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Doctors can be stupid as well. This is one of them.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post

Even if it is possible (and note the article is 'alleged'), numbers show that it would still be well worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's say he's right, despite no one being able to reproduce the link. Let's say he's right despite all evidence for a hundred years showing no links. Is the risk worth it?

Yes.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Let's say he's right, despite no one being able to reproduce the link. Let's say he's right despite all evidence for a hundred years showing no links. Is the risk worth it?

Yes.
    Precisely.

Even Dr Zimmerman himself is pro-vaccination. What he is against is what he perceives as a government cover up of certain facts that might point to possible risks that could be better addressed if they were admitted to. And he does have a point.

That being said, I also have to say that even if there is an effort by government to cover up the truth, maybe that is for the better. And I say this because people are, in general, not able to process the truth in full, which then leads people to draw faulty conclusions and consequently engage in foolish and possibly dangerous behaviour.

If government were to "admit" to the possibility of vaccinations causing autism, then that likely be blown out of proportion and result in significant numbers of people making stupid decisions that would end up costing thousands of lives.

Besides, having read Dr Zimmerman's transcript, I am not even sure that claiming a vaccination-autism link is even warranted. The guy worked as a doctor in the field for decades, including 17 years at a hospital where he spent 50% of his time dealing with patients with neurological disorders including autism. In all that time, he only had a single patient whose autism he claimed was caused by an adverse reaction to an vaccine. Even then he didn't even claim that it was the vaccine that caused the autism - but that the fever caused by the vaccine triggered an underlying medical condition that caused brain damage. Now while it's entirely possible that the child in question might never have experienced a fever were it not for the specific vaccination, it's also entirely possible that she would have had a fever from something else (especially in a vaccine free society where disease would be a hell of a lot more prevalent).

Even if his opinion is accurate there are two rational conclusions I'd like to point to from that:
    1) The risk of autism from vaccinations is very, very small. If you have autism it's highly unlikely it had anything to do with a vaccination.
    2) Even in the very rare instance that it is triggered by a vaccine that the far bigger risk was posed by the underlying condition, not the vaccine itself

Ultimately vaccines, like any medication, are not entirely without risk. They do have side effects, and those side effects have the potential to do significant harm to a small percentage of people who are susceptible to those side effects. But that is not a rational argument against vaccinations, it's simply an acknowledgement that every decision carries with it some degree of risk.

It's like wearing a seatbelt. There are cases of people who have died in cars because they were trapped by their seatbelts. There are other cases of people who have been killed by the forces exerted on their bodies by the seatbelt and who may have lived had they been ejected from the vehicle and landed miraculously on a soft patch of grass on the side of the road. But when you look at the millions of lives saved every year by the use of seatbelts, it's a complete no-brainer that the handful who indeed were killed by seatbelts do not justify their abolition.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2019-01-07 at 04:00 PM.