Poll: Should WoW be free from sub?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    What makes it worse is when you realize that basically 8.1 and 8.1.5 is basically cut launch content...
    Two "new" islands were in beta at some point and got removed after.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I see it when a sub fee based game goes F2P it means that the game is not doing so well and won't last for very long.. Case in point look at Wildstar it held a lot of promise, and it was a sub fee based game but a year after launch it went hybrid F2P/Sub and with that it lasted for about three years before it shutdown in 2018.. And while F2P didn't help the main problem was the developer/publisher..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-01-07 at 01:52 PM.

I voted "no" but I could do without paying £50 ($60?) every 2 years extra. I'd actually pay more monthly for a subscription-premium model, which would give access to the latest expansion and Classic, whilst the rest of the game was free to play. I think that'd be a fine system. It'd allow Blizzard to leave hooks like unlocking new races in the "standard" edition and then let people sink into levelling those characters, thus creating the hook to play the newest content. It would funnel people into playing the game rather than giving them what they want for less money.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No!! Never!!

Games fra move from sub based to F2P/Micro Transactions ALWAYS take a huge turn for the worse.. No exceptions.
    Guild Wars 2 is F2P/Micro Transactions and is fine... but it has worked that way from the start, so your rule may not apply, as they have not "moved" to that model. (It is also buy 2 play, even though there's no sub.)

5+ Year Old Account
    No. F2P would be the end of the game. I think they could reduce a bit the monthly fee tho, to attract new players.

oh hell no.. would kill the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    No, they should milk this cash cow until the udder's go dry.

Hell no. Look at the sorry state of the game now when we pay for it, imagine how it would be if it was free to play

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Before voting think about the question. Considering how little BFA is giving, are you happy paying each month for the expansion?
    It's not like we will get less content than we already have, and it will give more player most likely.

I feel like maybe it's time to make it free, but expansions and the game should cost.
    If paying for quality means having a sub, yes. But that's not what has been the case for the last 5 or so years since Warlord's launched. So In that time alone I wouldn't pay the sub because there's no quality, It was a F2P level of bad quality and even then F2P MMOs blow WoW out of the window like Elder Scrolls Online, Warframe and those are only the top two Free 2 Play MMOs that do a good job despite being free.

If this game was Free 2 Play, and had the kind of quality It's had SINCE Warlords, then yes I wouldn't pay a sub for It and be happy -enough- but still not happy and probably not spend a long time In the game or buy anything from their store to show support, none of that.

At this stage, If It doesn't go Free 2 Play In a true way (Not just level any chars to level 20 and that's It, which is It's current version of Free 2 Play most aren't even aware of) It will shatter beyond repair.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

No, but there's a damn good argument about not charging for expansions.

If the WoW store is double dipping, then expansions are triple dipping.

5+ Year Old Account
    Before voting think about the question. Considering how little BFA is giving, are you happy paying each month for the expansion?
    It's not like we will get less content than we already have, and it will give more player most likely.

I feel like maybe it's time to make it free, but expansions and the game should cost.
    Sadly, the problem does not lie there. Actually, there is quite a bit of content, but it is bland and forgettable, and many of the underlying systems are either half baked or shady af.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

No!! Never!!

Games fra move from sub based to F2P/Micro Transactions ALWAYS take a huge turn for the worse.. No exceptions.
    This. I tried going back to my first mmo that I played before WoW came out (2000-2004). It was already a huge grindfest back in the day, but when you add in things like having to pay real money to not get an experience penalty and being able to buy better than BiS gear from a store I just went "nope" and left again. Add to the fact that since it went F2P you can't even use the chat channels in the cities. Because every 5 steps there's a bot spamming their gold selling service. The instant you say anything in any chat channel or even /y or /s it's pushed off the screen before you can even see that you said something.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I don't understand this mindset. If we're just talking expansion launches there's been expansions with way less to do at launch, WotLK comes to mind. If you don't like the game that's fine but claiming there's nothing to it is just wrong.

No sane person with insight in the gaming world would vote yes to this.

Just cheap people that somehow still pay for a game they obviously dislike alot. Makes no sense...

MTX in a subscription based game on top of paying full game price for expansions LOL. What are you paying for, really? Every few months blizzard drops some buggy rushed patch complete with a new set of hamster wheels. Honestly I think blizzard have just taken for granted that they have a couple of million mouth-breathing retards willing to pay them for absolutely any horseshit that has a blizzard label on it, and now some of those people are realising that they're being ripped off.

Yeah that'll stop people bitching
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

It should be p2p (sub) without an in game store. Sadly it has both right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    No!! Never!!

It depends on what microtransaction we talking about. Look at PoE game is free with micro that non influence in gameplay (no pay2win things) Expansions should shoud be for money still but f2p game time will bring a lot of players into it. Maybe a lot of casuals but im sure a lot of old players could back (me for example). Now i dont think so they will turn it f2p because its still huge income for them no matter of players pool. They thinking about push Overwatch to be f2p so WoW its the last in the que to do it. Now they need to rebuild reputation. Now its critical time for them. Hard times not only because of diablo thing but market is pretty full these days. Its hard to keep players for a long term in one game.
    Last edited by czarek; 2019-01-07 at 04:45 PM.

Yes or no, it will never happen ever.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    What makes it worse is when you realize that basically 8.1 and 8.1.5 is basically cut launch content...
    Nothing indicates that.