Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Umm, the people who wish to truly escape from reality are precisely the ones who enjoy darker and more serious forms of escapism. Because they can better immerse themselves in a realistic fantasy (or well not fantasy but just realistic) world and thus forget about reality. I say this as someone who loves more serious and realistic fantasy settings and as someone who has been trying to escape from reality all his life.

And inb4 people start coming at me too with "try to enjoy real life" - calm your shit down. I am more social and successful than the majority of people here (irl). I still prefer fantasy to reality (or atleast a good balance of both).
    You just tried to disprove what I said and then simultaneously proved it lmao

Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    You just tried to disprove what I said and then simultaneously proved it lmao

Good job.
    No, because you don't know nor can decide how "large amounts of escapism" a person wants? You say that the people who have shitty lives want more escapism. And I tell you "here, I have an awesome life, but that doesn't mean I don't want to get lost into a fantasy world". It's probably one of the things I want the most. Not because reality sucks. But because fantasy is just so much better. It's like chocolate versus chocolate with blueberries. The more the merrier.

You need therapy and a break from the Internet OP.

I had a problem with people for a brief bit half a decade ago. I pinpointed my frustration to being subjected to endless awful news from the media, Internet trolls and being powerless when a mass majority hold opinions different from my own - hence being an outcast to a group of Internet strangers (pro-tip: it doesn't matter).

Seriously. If you actually give a shit about your health, you'd turn off your Internet and go camping or something. You're clearly making yourself sick. This is the one and only life you're ever going to live, stop hating it.

7+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Has anyone else recently gotten this? Most of the time literature and acting tries to convey positive messages and if you're an avid buff for these mediums, you can tell what is otherwise "edgy." The problem is I hate life and humanity so much by this point it's obviously seeped into my enjoyment for escapism, since I kind of began to think how insane it is to enjoy these things specifically for what they might stand for when your real worldview is completely different. You begin to be unable to agree with anything anymore.
    Maybe you need to read darker books. Stephen King, HP Lovecraft or Thoman Ligotti

10+ Year Old Account
    You know seeing what the OP posted, it makes sense why, for example in something like lore threads, you often see people feeding off of negativity in both lore and discussions about lore and characters, where seeing things fucked up is the only satisfaction gotten from them.

I'm willing to believe this mentality extends to several people on this forum, where positive outcomes and characters has said people looking for every reason to hate on them, because of the shit lives their living themselves, and want to inject that poison into these things.
    And of course, why they normalize self destructive characters, because it relates closely to them.

Thats understandable, but that doesn't mean it should be tolerated as the norm. Get your head out your ass and seek help, stop spreading that venom to others.

The problem is I hate life and humanity so much by this point it's obviously seeped into my enjoyment for escapism, since I kind of began to think how insane it is to enjoy these things specifically for what they might stand for when your real worldview is completely different. You begin to be unable to agree with anything anymore.
    In my humble opinion you need professional help. Did you try to talk to someone
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    Based on this post and other posts of yours, you should probably (in all sincerity) see a psychiatrist.
    seconded, enough crazy shit go get some help

Has anyone else recently gotten this? Most of the time literature and acting tries to convey positive messages and if you're an avid buff for these mediums, you can tell what is otherwise "edgy." The problem is I hate life and humanity so much by this point it's obviously seeped into my enjoyment for escapism, since I kind of began to think how insane it is to enjoy these things specifically for what they might stand for when your real worldview is completely different. You begin to be unable to agree with anything anymore.
    Start eating pizza and hamburgers again... your vegan diet doesn't agree with you.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Take it from me, I suffer anxiety and depression. That's what you're going through.

Go see a PSYCHIATRIST, not a Psychologist. Or your primary care physician, they'll give you lexapro to start with.

I think you should start eating meat again. You are missing something in your diet.for real though I think I've gotten kind of depressed after breaking my addiction to WoW. Feels like something is missing and i can't seem to fill it. I go all in on something else for a while and then I just kind of drop off but I hate how WoW is right now and the Lore really turns me off. I see your profile pic is a night elf so maybe you feel the same way. Idk.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-01-14 at 12:33 AM.