Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Vote Count

1 Shinela - Val (215)
    1 Val - Shinela (216)

- - - Updated - - -

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    I don’t know how I feel about this plan but I’m not going to necessarily get in the way of it either. I kind of lost the right to do that with my inactivity.
    Vote on a dead player so there's no risk of more presents getting out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vote: Crackleslap

teehee

Alright children, I can see you're all as prickly as a porcupine for some gifts!

1 Shinela - Val (215)
    1 Val - Shinela (216)
    1 Virothe - Large (223)
    1 Crackle - Crackle (224)

And our winners today? Shinela, Val and Virothe!
    I guess I shouldn't be surprised that one of them's dead? Oh well, two presents it is! *Mrs. Krumpus digs through her bag, about to grab out some presents but then suddenly remembers* Oh right...

@Shinela @Val the Moofia Boss Don't forget to tell me what you want for presents today!

And now, for show and tell:

• Shinela is a VIGI!
    • Val is a VIGI!
    • Virothe is in Techno Tweens!

Oh, what a special treat this will be tonight!
    I look forward to the following morning! I'm sure it will contain many surprises.... Try to get some sleep, kids! It's lights out.

-------------------

Deadline for N5

Night 5 will end early once all night actions are submitted (and when I'm around to end it).

There is a bump.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

I woke up this morning hoping to scold a few misbehaving children. But it seems a few of you naughty little ones did it for me.

• Crackle and Marack have both died.

With that, this year's Secret Santa game is finished!

------------------------

You Children... You've really done something quite amazing this Christmas.
    It tickles me to bits to see how far you've come. But I'm also a little disappointed. I was hoping to have more ornamental pieces to hang from my ceiling!

But it really looks like more than a few of you have learned the spirit of Christmas Giving.

This Year's Secret Santa Winners are:

• Val the Moofia Boss -- Candy Cuties VIGI (win cons 1, 3)
    • Shinela -- Techno Tweens VIGI (win cons 2, 3)
    • Listo95 -- Toy Tots SCUM (win cons 1, 2)
    • Marack -- Doll Darlings SCUM (win cons 2, 3)
    • Largehorn -- Toy Tots PGO (win cons 3, 4)
    • Graeham -- Techno Tweens PGO (win cons 1, 2, 3)

With a special congratulations to Graeham: The only player to accomplish three of his win conditions.

------

Secret Santa Details thread link (with links to player threads and night action resolutions)

I'll post a followup and thoughts later.

-------

I'd like to thank Danner for helping me set this up, and for everyone who played for putting up with this mess of a game.

- - - Updated - - -

There were 6 winners in this game. I was really not expecting to see so many.

Thank you for the game, Dendrek and Danner! It was a lot of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    With a special congratulations to Graeham: The only player to accomplish three of his win conditions.
    Yay!

Thank you - and Danner - for hosting the game. I already said as much in my QT, though the role cards were especially impressive so it's worth repeating!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Thank you for the game, Dendrek and Danner! It was a lot of fun!
    Good teamwork at the end, Val ♥

- - - Updated - - -

And of course thanks Danner and Dendrek!
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

Well nice. The game was pretty fun just wish I could have given it more time...

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the game Dendrek!

7+ Year Old Account
    Well... I had the idea one of the days (but didnt go through with it) to just see if anyone else was scum.

Really didnt know if crackle was a doll or just making a play. Nice to see it was a play and I had already met the wincons before we got to the last day.

Thanks for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    Well... I had the idea one of the days (but didnt go through with it) to just see if anyone else was scum.

Really didnt know if crackle was a doll or just making a play. Nice to see it was a play and I had already met the wincons before we got to the last day.

Thanks for the game.
    Oh and sorry for murderising you too, for that matter

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post
    Oh and sorry for murderising you too, for that matter
    Meh. It is a game of murder and lies...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    Meh. It is a game of murder and lies...
    I'm a bad liar. ^.^

Or am I?

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    I’m a winner woo!
    [redacted]

/10redacteds

- - - Updated - - -

Some thoughts on the setup:

I had a crazy idea I wanted to try and you guys were my guinea pigs. I wanted your primary focus to be on your group, but to prevent a completely segmented game there needed to be some concern for the rest of the players as well. The PGO was meant to be a stopgap from giving the Scum/Vigi an easy win (for example, without a PGO, as soon as any group member is revealed the Scum would quickly kill them, and if the Scum didn't kill them it meant they were the Scum and so the Vigi would kill them the following night). But I also didn't want the PGO to be invincible and I wanted them to be deathly afraid of getting revealed themselves, hence some of the win conditions for PGOs and Scum making it dangerous to arbitrarily claim.

I only had a week to setup this game. Thanks to Danner's help I was able to get over some important hurdles in that time. But some aspects of the balance were definitely not right. Some of the mistakes I made:

1) PGOs could instantly win if their own Scum targeted them at night early on in the game. This required their own Vigi was still alive. And while the PGO had no direct control over either of these factors, it wasn't a terribly difficult condition to meet.

2) Scum and Vigis could easily confirm they've met one win condition (killing the other Vigi/Scum of their own group) by having their own kill refreshed. I wanted the Scum and Vigi to be very interested in going after their own group which is why I gave the refresh as a benefit for doing so, but I hadn't also considered this would be an information advantage for them.

3) Several day presents became completely useless once a player's kill has been used up. Admittedly I don't consider this a major fault of the game design because it was very clearly on the players to be sure they were using their kills well. But it does suck to obtain a present that's useless to you. Simply providing a refresh of their kill was not a good solution because it meant killing early was actually a good strategy. But perhaps I could have found a different solution instead?

4) Crackle brought this next point up in his QT: I should have randomized who the 3 winners were in case of ties. That would have changed a lot about how this game played out. But I was counting votes as first come first serve. I wish I had considered the alternative, because that would have been a good way to stop what we saw happen on that last day.

There's one thing I want to point out regarding kill signatures:

Kill signatures never indicated who actually performed the kill. They only indicated which group the kill game from. I allowed it to be vague intentionally; it gave you guys something to discuss, debate, and even hide behind. But, in my opinion, to be clear on who performed the kill would have been a mistake on my part. It can make it too easy to figure out who among the living players is scum once you're down to a few players left.

Dendrek deserves all the credit here, having done all the work and effort. In fact, I have a bad conscience for not being a particularly active co-mod. I feel I should have caught more stuff had I ... I dunno, been more clever? I'm just feeling stupid these days, and I do not like the feeling one bit.

Good game though. I really enjoyed reading it, especially the voice of sweet Mrs Krampus...
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Was a nicely designed game, just wish I didn't blow my kill so early hehe. I should have played better. Oops.