Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Blizzard has outright stated that the Horde has to redefine itself in this expansion and that the choices we make as players will have a "big payoff" at the end. If as a Horde character I want a honorable Horde, which choices should I go with?

If I side with Sylvanas, I'm agreeing to support outright atrocities such as the Burning of Teldrassil and the forced Forsaken-ization of Night Elves and other Alliance members. That does not seem to be very honorable. Moreover, by siding with Sylvanas I would be betraying Saurfang who saved my character back during the Northrend Campaign.

If I side with Saurfang, I'm betraying my oath to the Warchief. Plus I'm spitting in the face of Vol'jin's dying wish to have Sylvanas lead the Horde. Not only am I aiding a traitor who in turn is aiding the Alliance, I am also betraying the trust of two of my Warchiefs. This does not seem to be very honorable either.

Same situation happens in 8.1.5.

If I side with Sylvanas, I'm snitching on fellow Horde members and selling out one of the only Horde leaders who's committed to achieving peace. If I side with Baine, I'm actively aiding the Alliance war effort and even murdering fellow Horde soldiers.

It seems like all four choices are inherently dishonorable. Is there any way to play Horde in this expansion without being a hypocrite? How do I regain my honor?
    I dunno... what did Vol'jin do when he betrayed his Warchief and broke his Oath as well? He tried to overthrow the Warchief because he was being a baddie, any good soldier would do as much and If you believe we should overthrow Sylvanas, then dew It.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Oath this oath that, sounds like a kindergarten lunch break promise

"But I promised Laura that I'll never be friends with karen!"

Also, as per the coming patch voljin was duped to name sylvanas warchief, so....yeah...dunno what to tell you,....all hail Nzoth?
    I for one welcome our new tentacle overlord

7+ Year Old Account
    Plus I'm spitting in the face of Vol'jin's dying wish to have Sylvanas lead the Horde.
    i doubt vol'jin really gives 2 shits considering he was manipulated into doing that.

Saurfang has a nice line saying:
    "Make sure you know the difference between loyalty and honor.
    And pray you never have to choose."

Saurfang did choose to betray his warchief - but in his view, that warchief has first betrayed literally everything the horde stood for and its warchief was bound to protect.

Real life comparisons can be made to many situations, perhaps the most recent being Snowden - he committed betrayal but in his eyes the government betrayed their people long before.
    Similar lines can be made to WW2 German soldiers and generals who rose against Hitler and his SS Nazis.

Despite the atrocities we are at war and it's in our best interest to see it through. Seeing Horde troops slaughtered by Malfurion in Tides of Vengeance trailer infuriated me. It was especially bothersome how he drowned the already pacified orc in dirt. Not because it was unnecessary and cruel (Sylvanas has that going in abundance and Mafurion's wrath has a good reason behind it), but because it was a consequence of Saurfang's honor. It was another confirmation for me I still fight for the Horde and its people rather than a concept of feeling. At this point peace between factions is achievable only by victory, or a loss where Horde would have to give Alliance so many concessions it would effectively cripple us.

It is because of these reasons I choose Sylvanas. She concerns me and I fear what will happen in the future, but the risky unknown is the better option at this point.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    Varian should've let Thrall kill Garrosh and the end of Mists, then proceeded to slaughter the rest of them (just like Jaina suggested).
    The only smart thing to do, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    i am going against blizzard(who is pushing Saurfang/Baine/Zehkan). for the dark lady.
    WTF Sylvanas they are pushing from the first trailer

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    everything apart from the opening cinematic is pushing for saurfang/baine/ tho .

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    They spent literally millions upon millions of dollars on fully CG Saurfang cinematics solely about how Sylvanas is the devil incarnate and the only honorable course is to join with Anduin and unseat her. They've done everything in their power to guilt us into siding with that sadsack and his cow friend and hop on board the SoO 2.0 train. If one were motivated purely by spite for this hamhanded narrative, supporting Sylvanas is the natural solution because it's what they don't want you to do.

The more people pick Sylvanas, the more they will be forced to go into parody-tier attempts to make her look bad. After it's confirmed she did the Wrathgate purely out of evil and also gassed Saurfang's son despite us seeing him killed by Frostmourne in the cinematic and people still don't side with the rebels in their absolute majority, they'll make her responsible for the Scourge Invasion and the Dark Portal. Vote Sylvanas purely for the comedy value.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I went saur on main and syl on alt because im quite sure at the end of the day we all end up at the same point but with a diff item and achievement maybe.
    At least that way i get to see both sides of the story and not give too much a shit which option i chose.

Betray everyone and build a small farm in Pandaria and wait how things turn out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Well... technically it's to the Warchief.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Blood_Oath_of_the_Horde
    Well, then I'll just move to Canada!
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I sided with Sylvanas because she got the Horde into a mess that she needs to make sure we survive.
    Keeping away from suicidal wars is much better for survival. I don't know why people keep repeating this cringy edgy shit. Does that make people feel xtreme radically kool bad ass somehow?
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2019-01-12 at 02:57 PM.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

If I side with Sylvanas, I'm agreeing to support outright atrocities such as the Burning of Teldrassil and the forced Forsaken-ization of Night Elves and other Alliance members.
    Like Saurfang never took part in an city razings before, or even the players who go and raze cities/towns all the time. Also, corrupted tree is corrupted.

Who are these "forced Forsaken-ization" people? From what I saw, only people who are willing join them, those who aren't are put back to death.(But I'm not subbed so i have no firsthand experience)
    That does not seem to be very honorable. Moreover, by siding with Sylvanas I would be betraying Saurfang who saved my character back during the Northrend Campaign.
    Name me a war won in our world's history that was done honorably...

Saurfang is a traitor for allowing Malfurion to live, which led to more horde members to die. He also spared Anduin which continued the war which led to more Horde members dying. You're also betraying Sylvanas who fought with you and saved you from dying to Arthas, who saved the entire leadership of the Horde on the Broken Shore.
    If I side with Saurfang, I'm betraying my oath to the Warchief. Plus I'm spitting in the face of Vol'jin's dying wish to have Sylvanas lead the Horde.
    You're also betraying all the people in the Horde who want the war and the people who died because of Genn's cowardly attack on the Horde in Stormheim. But don't worry, they're retconning Vol'jin's dying wish to be the doing of someone else...
    Not only am I aiding a traitor who in turn is aiding the Alliance, I am also betraying the trust of two of my Warchiefs. This does not seem to be very honorable either.
    When a character who loses his will to help the Horde fight, turns around and then aids the Alliance... that character is scum. I wish Saurfang found his death on the battlefield, because living is doing nothing but hurting the Horde... same with Baine now.
    If I side with Sylvanas, I'm snitching on fellow Horde members and selling out one of the only Horde leaders who's committed to achieving peace.
    One of the Horde members who is only committed to peace only after the Alliance has killed a bunch of the Horde. Remember him banishing tauren for wanting revenge for Taurajo? Who snitched on his warchief to inform Jaina of Garrosh's attack, who continued to keep in touch with Anduin despite Genn's attacks on the Horde, who only after the Alliance sacked Talanji's city and killed her father, wanted peace.
    He's like a friend who holds you back while your enemy punches you in the face. He's scum.
    If I side with Baine, I'm actively aiding the Alliance war effort and even murdering fellow Horde soldiers.
    It's ok, killing your own horde members isn't a loss of a honor, totally justified as long as you're not killing Alliance.
    If I side with Baine, I'm actively aiding the Alliance war effort and even murdering fellow Horde soldiers.
    Yup, you will most likely only kill Horde members if you side with them, effectively becoming puppets of the Alliance.
    It seems like all four choices are inherently dishonorable. Is there any way to play Horde in this expansion without being a hypocrite? How do I regain my honor?
    Well to play with siding with Saurfang and Baine, you're not Horde anymore. The game will still say you are, but you're not. You're a traitor who in all of these choice missions will only kill Horde members and further the Alliance's victory. You soldout your faction for honor, which isn't honorable.
    To play siding with Sylvanas, you don't have to commit these supposed atrocities, but you can still be loyal to your faction.

These war expansions really suck, when they shouldn't. Would just really like one war expansion where we just fight each other and don't have this inner crisis bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfaaad926b5 View Post
    Betray everyone and build a small farm in Pandaria and wait how things turn out.
    Is this how we get the new Sha "Happy"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Were Nazis honorable by following Hitlers orders, their righfully elected leader but also a mad man?

Or maybe Jamie Lanister was honorable who killed his king to stop evil actions and help another to usurp the thron?

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Play Classic and join Thrall, the only true Warchief !

Benefits include a simplified and 80% more consistent lore !
    I miss the old days, with Thrall at least you always knew you had to fight for the survavility of your ppl since the Alliance were so much aggressive and alienating than now. Lately, all wow lore is a fantasy novel based on the democrats vs republicans post trump victory lol

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Keeping away from suicidal wars is much better for survival. I don't know why people keep repeating this cringy edgy shit. Does that make people feel xtreme radically kool bad ass somehow?
    Do you feel badass calling everything you disagree with edgy? Because the real cringe is your attitude in a gaming forum about a fantasy videogame involving elves, orcs, and zombies. She started a war the entire Horde was fine with, including Saurfang. Dissent only started with her extreme methods. Maybe if you have a problem with the actual war, you should play Barbieland Online and stop creating false hypotheticals that don't apply to the topic or what someone said.

"Sylvanas is bad, but she made this mess and she should fix it"
    "OMG3U2 X33 YOU'RE SO CRINGY!!!?? WAR IS BAD??!!! DO YOU FEEL COOL??"
    You should stop throwing stones from glass houses.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-01-12 at 04:59 PM.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Despite the atrocities we are at war and it's in our best interest to see it through. Seeing Horde troops slaughtered by Malfurion in Tides of Vengeance trailer infuriated me. It was especially bothersome how he drowned the already pacified orc in dirt. Not because it was unnecessary and cruel (Sylvanas has that going in abundance and Mafurion's wrath has a good reason behind it), but because it was a consequence of Saurfang's honor. It was another confirmation for me I still fight for the Horde and its people rather than a concept of feeling. At this point peace between factions is achievable only by victory, or a loss where Horde would have to give Alliance so many concessions it would effectively cripple us.

It is because of these reasons I choose Sylvanas. She concerns me and I fear what will happen in the future, but the risky unknown is the better option at this point.
    If the last 5 expansions teach anything, is that there is no such thing, as a pacified orc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Were Nazis honorable by following Hitlers orders, their righfully elected leader but also a mad man?

Or maybe Jamie Lanister was honorable who killed his king to stop evil actions and help another to usurp the thron?
    Godwin? In a sylvanas thread? @Super Dickmann
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post

Godwin? In a sylvanas thread? @Super Dickmann
    I dont know what that means. Care to clarify?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Thanks for reminding me that Varian is to blame for WoD
    No, that's Wrathion's fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    and the only honorable course is to join with Anduin and unseat her.
    That never happened... There's a difference between two forces fighting a mutual enemy separately and joining forces to fight them together... Saurfang and Anduin are doing the former... They have not joined forces, they are simply staying out of each other's way.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.