Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Netflix price increase....Did I miss something

So, im sure most people have seen all the articles about Netflix raising all of its prices. I logged into my account today and noticed that both the lower plan and the higher one had both changed in priced but the ones that i am on, the 10.99 plan is still the same. Are we being grandfathered in on our old plan or is this a change that i missed?
    Last edited by Moozart; 2019-01-17 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    So, im sure most people have seen all the articles about Netflix raising all of its prices. I logged into my account today and noticed that both the lower plan and the higher one had both changed in priced but the ones that i am on, the 10.99 plan is still the same. Are we being grandfathered in on our old plan or is this a change that i missed?
    The prices of existing costumers will rise later.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    The prices of existing costumers will rise later.
    oh ok, the 2 articles i read had not mentioned that. Time to cancel then. Funny how they raise prices right before Disney pulls all of the Disney/Fox stuff from them, they are going to be gutted.

oh ok, the 2 articles i read had not mentioned that. Time to cancel then. Funny how they raise prices right before Disney pulls all of the Disney/Fox stuff from them, they are going to be gutted.
    Pretty sure some of the Disney stuff is going to be on netflix for a while. Also you must not have used netflix too much if a 2 dollar a month or 24 dollar a year change is all of a sudden too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    They had to spend a lot of money to get Blizzard Activision's CFO

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Pretty sure some of the Disney stuff is going to be on netflix for a while. Also you must not have used netflix too much if a 2 dollar a month or 24 dollar a year change is all of a sudden too much.
    its enough that im not willing to spend MORE and get LESS once content is removed. According to some other articles they are currently not operating at profit, losing Disney is going to make that worse. I am cancelling now and thinking long term.

what annoys me is they are raising prices to create more original content. Sure great, but 80% of it is absolute crap.
    Can i pay for only the stuff i like :P

$24.00 is chump change.

Netflix is the most successful streaming service on the planet. Their business model is so profitable that they'll only improve from this point on.

Disney does not create a lot of movies that I'm nuts about. It's probably my age and interests. Them gettin' cut out of Netflix, if it were to happen, is a bad idea for Disney. Having a Disney-only platform is ZzzZZzZZ

https://d23.com/list-of-disney-films/

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Personally I dropped Netflix like a year ago. I have HULU and a Crunchyroll sub

10+ Year Old Account
    They just paid something like a hundred million dollars to keep Friends on their service for the next year. It's supposedly their #1 streamed show.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    $24.00 is chump change.

Netflix is the most successful streaming service on the planet. Their business model is so profitable that they'll only improve from this point on.

Disney does not create a lot of movies that I'm nuts about. It's probably my age and interests. Them gettin' cut out of Netflix, if it were to happen, is a bad idea for Disney. Having a Disney-only platform is ZzzZZzZZ

You're forgetting Disney TV shows

10+ Year Old Account
    How poor you got to be to complain about 2-3 dollars?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, a price hike of a dollar or two is no biggie.

If we were talking like a $10 hike, I really don't use their service enough to justify it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

$2-3 isnt much but it was enough for me to drop amazon prime. I think it's all in the phrasing. Charging $20 a year for amazon prime hurts, but charging $2 a month for netflix is much easier for people to shallow.

$24.00 is chump change.

Your list of Disney films doesn't really include their back catalog.

If Disney decides to go into their back catalog along with all of their non-Disney studios - so Touchstone - they'll have an absurdly huge library to offer from.

They also have such deep pockets that they could easily purchase the catalogs of defunct companies like United Artists or Orion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    $2-3 isnt much but it was enough for me to drop amazon prime. I think it's all in the phrasing. Charging $20 a year for amazon prime hurts, but charging $2 a month for netflix is much easier for people to shallow.
    I dropped Prime because it didn't work with my Google Chromecast dealythingy (TV isn't a smart one with built in Prime.)

If I could have casted from my phone to a device I already have instead of needing to purchase a Fire TV stick I'd have been happy.

$24.00 is chump change.
    Pay for my sub then? Ima chump

Jailbroken Firesticks don't have price increases.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    They had to spend a lot of money to get Blizzard Activision's CFO
    Haha. Yup. Netflix users should get ready to be price inflated and microtransactioned to death from this CFO.

Netflix is in serious debt over its head. Thank Asians for that.

Quote Originally Posted by StanShady View Post
    Netflix is in serious debt over its head. Thank Asians for that.
    Most companies are in debt because you don't have to pay it back all at once and you get tax breaks.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.