Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    What you're describing is customer preference, not market control. Those customers could use any competitor they want to. They all choose to do their business with Youtube/Google/etc. For good reasons, mind you. But this isn't market control, and there is no practical way to prevent this. The only way you could is to try and force private citizens to not use Youtube or Google. Literally ban them from accessing those services. And that's not a move towards customer freedom.
    I wont disagree, I was simply saying make your own isnt an option because its literally impossible to compete with them

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I dunno wtf you're on about. Watch what you like. Fuck the baby-algorithms, you have a search-bar and a brain.
    OMG, the like, literally only intelligent thing I think I've ever read in one of these 'debates' about the bannings on YT lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I wont disagree, I was simply saying make your own isnt an option because its literally impossible to compete with them
    It’s really not impossible, if every one who had a problem with YouTube left to another platform and took a portion of there fan base with them we could easily have a competitor. The only thing stopping such a thing from spring up is creators don’t want to lose fans/money and aren’t willing to take the hit to both to actually leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    And you're wrong.

It's absolutely possible.

What's happening is that competitors are offering an equivalent-to-inferior service, and with nothing to gain by switching, customers stick to what they're comfortable with.

That's failing to compete successfully, by your own lack of merit, not because the bigger company controls anything.

People who say Facebook can't be competed with forget that there used to be Myspace, which people said nobody could compete with. Until Facebook.
    People who say Google's search engine can't be competed with forget that there used to be Webcrawler and Yahoo!, and they were kings that couldn't be competed with. Until Google.

And so forth. Competition is absolutely possible. People are just failing to provide an alternative that some might prefer to the current leaders.
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-01-18 at 08:05 PM.

Google is evil, therefore Youtube is evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Have you read anything he's written? You'll see why.
    You need to be specific otherwise I will have to stop replying since you bring nothing to your opinion

So...you are comparing the same thing?? Youtube vs Youtube. Or do you mean Youtubers vs Youtube?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Musik-Diversity86 View Post
    Youtube has changed and it was bound to happen but there is definitely a divide between those who feel Youtube is better than it ever was vs those who feel Youtube is no longer a friendly platform for anyone.
    Pretty sure no one legitimately feels like YT is better than ever now.