Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    Yet Illidan wants the Legion's end because the Legion threatens Azeroth. Illidan's main goal is the protection of the world, and N'zoth and his Void masters seek to consume all life on Azeroth (just look at the End Times dungeon). I don't see Illidan being a pawn of the Void Lords.
    Manipulation does not require consent.

Of all the fan theories I've heard on the forum, this one is actually not that unlikely.

7+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if Blizzard actually had plot-twists like these planned
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty obvious N'zoth is referring to Deathwing here. He is/was the Aspect of the Earth, and Deathwing himself referenced the "deep places" many times during Cata.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Yeah, I don't think the Old Gods were even a thing back then. Even if they had an idea of what they want to do with them, which I sincerely doubt, it's hard to imagine N'zoth could have wanted to release Yogg. Let's remember the Old Gods are as likely to fight each other as to fight us, and if they are allied, it is specifically to fight a larger threat (like the Titans). And so it's more believable to me that N'zoth could have wanted to take LK and Yogg out at the same time.
    A lot of people forget the bolded part. The Old Gods are chaos incarnate, as the Void represents ultimate chaos (putting it in opposition to the Light, which represents ultimate order). Even in the earlier days of Warcraft's then-budding cosmology, the Old Gods (like the Great Old Ones that inspired them) are prone to rampant infighting, as the concepts of order and stability are anathema to their very existence. Hence why their agents strive so often to sow discord wherever they go, and why some agents of the Void like Xal'atah are willing to work with Azeroth's champions in the short-term.

edit: Not to entirely dismiss the notion that N'Zoth could have corrupted Illidan during his ten thousand years of imprisonment. N'Zoth has been doing nothing but running long cons since his imprisonment, and he would have a vested interest in putting an end both to the Burning Crusade (you can't corrupt what's already destroyed) and Xe'ra as one of the Light's preeminent figures (and one of, if not the greatest naaru).
    Last edited by Thage; 2019-01-15 at 02:16 AM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Manipulation does not require consent.

Of all the fan theories I've heard on the forum, this one is actually not that unlikely.
    Thanks, I think it would make the story interesting. Even more so, we could see Illidan as a void demon being confronted by Tyranda and Mal'furion. Lots of character development could happen...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    A lot of people forget the bolded part. The Old Gods are chaos incarnate, as the Void represents ultimate chaos (putting it in opposition to the Light, which represents ultimate order). Even in the earlier days of Warcraft's then-budding cosmology, the Old Gods (like the Great Old Ones that inspired them) are prone to rampant infighting, as the concepts of order and stability are anathema to their very existence. Hence why their agents strive so often to sow discord wherever they go, and why some agents of the Void like Xal'atah are willing to work with Azeroth's champions in the short-term.

edit: Not to entirely dismiss the notion that N'Zoth could have corrupted Illidan during his ten thousand years of imprisonment. N'Zoth has been doing nothing but running long cons since his imprisonment, and he would have a vested interest in putting an end both to the Burning Crusade (you can't corrupt what's already destroyed) and Xe'ra as one of the Light's preeminent figures (and one of, if not the greatest naaru).
    They do war against each other, but they have also worked together when trying to stop the titans or in the retcon the titan forge. In the Wrath of the Lich King book, it starts with Arthas having a dream where he sees minions of three old gods not just one. Perhaps the Void Lords are also invested in Illidan.

He gave himself to the deep places

Magni tried communing with the earth and became stone. What if his "voice" isn't Azeroth.
    He saw the future of Sargeras and his sword...last I checked titans didn't have foresight.
    "The king of diamonds shall be made a pawn" COME ON!!
    He didn't seem too worried about an old god minion in the chamber of the heart. He is basically the reason why we are collecting azerite. He is obviously being manipulated more than the quote the OP used.

That could also be Anduin as the King of Diamonds. The king of diamonds is a tarot card for a loyal young blond man. More importantly, Magni was pretty happy at the start of Cata, he just found out his brother Muradin is actually alive. Even if he ends up king the king of diamonds, that wisper is likely unrelated to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by SardaukarMikhail View Post
    So the opening cinematic from Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne says it all. Hes the one who ushered the Naga into the world.

In the War of The Ancients novel, its suggested that several being more powerful than Sargeras were augmenting Illidans Spell to shut down the Well of Eternity. Why would he willingly stay behind at the Seat of The Pantheon?

The Twilight Cult talks about the unseen victory at the Seat of the Pantheon, Illidan, working for the Void may have consumed the power of Sargeras in his weakened state. Illidan, like the Void really wanted the Legions end.

Nice misleading title.
    Well if there is one thing that could end Azeroth killing Old Gods host it was Sargeras, so is it so very surprising they were augmenting Illidan's spell to keep Sargeras away?
    And in Seat of Pantheon Legion is finally defeated, so N'zoth can just mind his own businnes not being afraid of Big Guy who can just cleave planets, ofc it's a win for Void.
    There were other whispers: "The burning ones kept balance. Lost now... lost." and "Your pride is what led to all of this."
    Does Illidan is on N'zoth's side? Nope, don't think so, did they helped him when that was profitable for them? Yup.
    And I'm sure you know, because title of this topic is just changed whisper from new raid but:
    "The Master waits for you to join him...",
    "He is awake now. And he has noticed you.",
    "Receive my gift and see all truths before you.",
    "At last... embrace the truth of shadow."
    etc. etc. They were using us too, and in 8.1 we get gift of N'Zoth, whatever that is.

I wouldn't read too much into Illidan's lore pre novel/Legion given how far they bent over backwards to overcorrect BC just having him be insane and evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Illidan's main goal was revenge. He put Azeroth at extreme risk by tearing a hole between it and Argus, just for the sake of forcing a final showdown. He worked with Naga and demons, and even served Kil'jaeden's interests just to get an angle. He would have teamed up with just about anyone or anything to get at Sargeras. I don't particularly want to see him pull yet another 180, but this theory sounds super plausible.
    To be fair, he was the one few ones that realized that if they just kept prolonging, eventually and inevitably they would fail. He ended up making a gambit seeing as how:
    A) knew where the Legion home planet was. This is a huge breakthrough.
    B) Defeated and permanently killed one of their major commanders, so any time prolonged would allow Sargeras to recruit another in KJ's place.
    C) Did not have any current means of travelling through space to Argus while the Legion now knows exactly where Azeroth is to do endless attacks in the future.

Never let your enemies recuperate, especially a infinitely-regenerating enemy. He realized though that while the risk was high, it was also their biggest chance at success.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

N'Zoth didn't say anything like this. The title is misleading and the whole idea of this is stupid considered that Illidan story is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Imagine if Blizzard actually had plot-twists like these planned
    Thank god they don't its a terrible "twist". Next we will find out we've always been on earth during modern times, also we are dead!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Thank god they don't its a terrible "twist". Next we will find out we've always been on earth during modern times, also we are dead!!!
    Warcraft 2 was initially conceived as "Orcs invading modern times. Dragons fighting F-16 planes" So... Don't put it past them
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Yet Illidan wants the Legion's end because the Legion threatens Azeroth. Illidan's main goal is the protection of the world, and N'zoth and his Void masters seek to consume all life on Azeroth (just look at the End Times dungeon). I don't see Illidan being a pawn of the Void Lords.
    N'zoth is a parasite, he doesn't want to kill his host. It was in his interest to assist Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    N'Zoth didn't say anything like this. The title is misleading and the whole idea of this is stupid considered that Illidan story is over.
    There's no way you legitimately believe that Illidan's story is over. If you actually think they'd lock Sargeras and Illidan away instead of killing them and will keep either of them gone, oh boy.

It's Arthas since in his sleep as the lk(his novel epilogue) he saw a vision of N'zoth

I could believe it. We all know Illidan was hyper focused and would draw power from whatever source he could if it meant achieving his goals. He stopped one threat, but may have ushered in another.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Illidan's been used unwittingly by greater powers before. It's kind of part of his thing.

I think this would actually be pretty excellent storytelling if true.

Edit: It could also help explain why the light wanted him so so so badly. I am a fan of this.
    Last edited by Nalorakk; 2019-01-19 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelkowski View Post
    Nice misleading title.
    Well if there is one thing that could end Azeroth killing Old Gods host it was Sargeras, so is it so very surprising they were augmenting Illidan's spell to keep Sargeras away?
    And in Seat of Pantheon Legion is finally defeated, so N'zoth can just mind his own businnes not being afraid of Big Guy who can just cleave planets, ofc it's a win for Void.
    There were other whispers: "The burning ones kept balance. Lost now... lost." and "Your pride is what led to all of this."
    Does Illidan is on N'zoth's side? Nope, don't think so, did they helped him when that was profitable for them? Yup.
    And I'm sure you know, because title of this topic is just changed whisper from new raid but:
    "The Master waits for you to join him...",
    "He is awake now. And he has noticed you.",
    "Receive my gift and see all truths before you.",
    "At last... embrace the truth of shadow."
    etc. etc. They were using us too, and in 8.1 we get gift of N'Zoth, whatever that is.
    Tyranda sensed entities "Stronger than Sargeras", augmenting his spell. In the lore pre Burning Crusade, it took multiple titans to take down 1 Old God, that was ret-conned. Granted, this could now mean the void lords.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    It's Arthas since in his sleep as the lk(his novel epilogue) he saw a vision of N'zoth
    This is a good point. I wouldn't be surprised if the Old Gods had something to do with Arthas. Could be a good way to bring him back into the story.

I could see Illidan getting conned into it and him thinking he was doing his own thing. After all, the best prisons are the one's you don't know you're in.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore