Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Says the one claiming the song they were drowning out was negativity.
    I never said that...? Look at what quoted again dude.

"Students drown out the negativity with school chants."
    "The students begin to chant to the beat of Nathan Philips drum."
    "The video does not appear to show any students 'chanting build that wall'."

Your video disproves what you're trying to push. Stop trying to project your racial politics on to this, he clearly approaches the group and gets in the face of the one kid. They join in with his song. What were they supposed to do? Bow their heads in hushed reverence?

That's a quote from the video you linked at the timestamp you specified referring to the BHI.... I'm not sure you have the best of grasp of....much.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Holy crap man, how do you sleep at night with this level of paranoia?
    I don't think you know what paranoia means.

Same rules apply.
    Well I learned something today. It's never really come up, and everyone in my family who served saw combat so moot point as to their veteran status. But now I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Except they weren't trying to refute their argument. Just pointing out their hypocrisy. You can't bitch about someone being a liar when you support Trump.
    There's enough whataboutism ABOUT whataboutism in this thread to make one's eyes bleed.
    Last edited by Enthusiastic Steward; 2019-01-23 at 04:20 PM.

Negativity? They were trying to drown out a song that has no negativity behind it. If they’d been trying to drown out the negativity, why didn’t they surround the black Israelites and sing them at the source of the negativity?
    The kids were not trying to surround anyone? (guy walked into them) and Negativity they were trying to drowned out was the BI or whatever they are called and were singing at the "source of the negativity", but surrounding them could have led more of a conflict and sounds like a horrible idea!, kids seemed to handle themselves fairly well given the situation.

the "adults" were the ones acting childish here.

Whataboutism is valid when you're being a hypocrite. People so worked up over this guy potentially lying (he's still a vet so he didn't lie anyway) yet they support Trump.
    The difference is trump never claimed to be a vet. And rich people have been getting out of service forever. Habits shady but if you were in the same spot would you not do the same? You are rich, you have the money to avoid going to war, your family is pressuring you to stay. I'm not saying it's right, but it's a dif scenario then the one here

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenegade42 View Post
    Yes, but don't forget that due to American military adventurism (I'm conservative but it's ok, you call it the military industrial complex, endless war, blood for oil or be otherwise critical of American intervention overseas) over the past 20 years, they have a whole lot of combat veterans. They have more veterans than some other western nations have active personnel in their entire armed forces. "Veteran" is not some old man marching once a year with his uniform hanging from his frame like in so many places else in the west. It's a young person anywhere from 19-40 with scars and shrapnel. Tens of thousands of them. So you will have to bear that in mind to understand why American's place veteran's and stolen valour in a different light, because in 2019 there are a LOT of them, they're growing and they are everyone's brother, father, uncle etc. (also sisters etc ).
    No, actually, I don't understand..nor do I care. Military worship is nothing more than propaganda machine to keep the war machine churning.

Hell, half of the reason republicans so staunchly oppose things like medicaid for all and free college aren't because of the price tag (I mean, look at our likely to be 1 Trillion dollar military budget by the end of 2020), its that these two things (insurance and free tuition) are two MAJOR recruitment tools for the armed forces. There is no valor to steal because nothing about our countries wars currently are valorous -- we're international bullies who like to swing our dicks around.

and before you go all 'you'd understand if you knew someone who served' on me my father is a veteran, along with his father, all 7 of his uncles, and their father.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Because the original narrative was that a bunch of MAGA racists bullied a native american "veteran".
    Okey, so now it is instead a bunch of MAGA racists kids that bullied a native american? Such a big difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Okey, so now it is instead a bunch of MAGA racists kids that bullied a native american? Such a big difference!
    For leftists in denial it probably is! Everyone else saw unedited video and know what a pos the native american is.

I'm not talking about him being a vet. I'm talking about him lying in general. This guy also is factually a vet by the typical standard. He was in the military. Plenty of people claim to be "vets" when all they did was sit on their ass in a military base for two years after high school.
    Yes, he is a vet. It was the media who falsely claimed he was a Vietnam Vet. If journalists did their job this would have been a non story on all accounts. The students actions to the proper status of Nathan Philips. And people wonder why others use the term "Fake Media"
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?
    Hillary Clinton: Well, that was Eric Holder.
    Kara Swisher: Eric Holder, oh, Eric Holder, sorry.
    Hillary Clinton: Yeah, I know they all look alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Not a shred of evidence those kids were racist. Your leftist views make you look very stupid. I'd recommend abandoning them in favor of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    I guess it's only ok for Cadet Bone Spurs to try to actively avoid enlistment and to not only insult a Gold Star family but to say, On stage mind you, he "always wanted to get a purple heart" and took one from a vet that gave it away to wear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T5RDMQI2Q8

The left needs to learn how to fight with the pigs in the mud at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet he still did more service than your beloved Bone Spurs.
    Are you saying he didn't have bone spurs?

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to start ANOTHER thread on this after the last one was locked?

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Who the hell thought it was a good idea to start ANOTHER thread on this after the last one was locked?
    Hello welcome to MMO-C Gen-OT forums, I see you must be new here.

Most media reported what they knew and updated their story when new information was revealed. That's what they're supposed to do. The problem these days is with social media mainly and then tertiary news sources ("news" that gets their news from secondary sources). That's where the vast majority of false reporting came from which also makes it more difficult for the main stream media to separate fact from viral fiction and actually keep their story up to date.
    Here's the thing: most news outlets, including places like CNN, MSNBC, etc get their news from tertiary sources. For example, they'll monitor the AP news feeds and just parrot what it says for the most part, throw on commentators, and you have your standard show. Actual journalistic legwork is actually pretty rare nowadays from these news outlets. And that's really the problem, because absolutely nothing was stopping all these news source from independently verifying the story before reporting on it. It's not just this story, it happens with stories all the times. While this particular story from Buzzfeed is getting all the attention, they actually released a Trump story a day or two earlier with just as many errors and false information... and the news networks ran with it anyways, even though the sources of the story couldn't even validate their sources or provide any proof (hence why the narrative ran as "If this story is true..."). If you're a legitimate news outlet, why would you even run stories if you cannot confirm or independently verify that they're true? I'd almost say many places are no longer news outlets but narrative outlets, as the truth and journalistic integrity are not even on the radar as long as the story sells or fits the narrative.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Most media reported what they knew
    He said he was a "Vietnam TIME veteran." Not a Vietnam veteran. He also lied about being a "Recon Ranger."

Most media reported what they knew and updated their story when new information was revealed. That's what they're supposed to do. The problem these days is with social media mainly and then tertiary news sources ("news" that gets their news from secondary sources). That's where the vast majority of false reporting came from which also makes it more difficult for the main stream media to separate fact from viral fiction and actually keep their story up to date.
    The media is supposed to check the full story. They didnt, because the short vid that made it look like the boys were the aggressors confirmed their biases. They wanted this story to be true, and so they swooped in like the vultures that they are.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    guys, guys. Ok, but . . . don't forget A WHITE BOI SMILED

A -CATHOLIC- HUWHITE BOI !SMILED!

White supreeeeeeeeeeeeemacy

They verify what they can and report on speculations while using words like "supposedly" or "alleged". It's not their fault you don't pay attention or know what those words mean.

You can't expect them to wait a week to verify every single detail before they start talking about it. There's a huge balance in news media of having to pay the bills and wanting to have journalistic integrity. You can't have 100% of both all the time, unfortunately.

And this time the balance shifted 100% to paying the bills. There was no journalistic integrity found in the MSM. They could have done their work and got the full story, they chose not to. Actually doing the work and checking the full story separates actual journalists from tabloids. Now we know which of the two they are. And using the word ,,alleged'' will save them from any legal trouble, but it does not make them innocent. They jumped the gun and now people are seeing them for what they really are. Yes, getting the story out first will get them more money. But in doing so, they sacrificed their integrity. They were dishonest, and they failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    All those who would not stop banging their drum over a perceived victory.

The media ran with a story without proper vetting of the info. Its like saying the sun is gone when it sets and not asking a astronomer if it will ever come back.

Even if they got a clip of the video, the proper thing to do was to find the person who shot the video. After they found out who the Native American was they somehow found out he was a veteran or in their haste misread his serving during the Vietnam era and bungled his background.
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?
    Hillary Clinton: Well, that was Eric Holder.
    Kara Swisher: Eric Holder, oh, Eric Holder, sorry.
    Hillary Clinton: Yeah, I know they all look alike.