Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

So...He also defeats Jaina in lore now? [Spolier]

Spoiler for those who didn't do the new raid.

I am referring to, obviously, everyone's favorite Banshee Prince Nathanos.

In the transition phase of Jaina fight, we free Nathanos from an iceblock. After that, he chides us for not finishing off Jaina yet, then stay afk and do nothing until Jaina escapes, when he shows up and do his usual "How could you let her escape? Sylvanas will be pissed, but oh well gz"

Since there's a distinct lack of other notable NPCs in that fight, I think it's safe to say lorewise, Nathanos will be credited with defeating Jaina in BoD.

Seriously, why is he EVERYWHERE yet doing absolutely nothing in game except snarking at us? Why couldn't we get Talanji confronting her father's killer? Why couldn't we get Rokhan and Rexxar to face Jaina?

At this rate, he will be the leader of the expedition in the Azshara patch, and he will be the one who kills Sylvanas in the end, regardless how little or how much sense that would make.

P.S Jaina on Prismatic Disc looks awesome

Something something poorly written self insert.

If you had read Warcraft Chronicle you'd know better. Players are being credited with the killing of pretty much every raid encounter from Vanilla throughout Wrath of the Lich King, Onyxia being an exception.

Wait does this seriously happens? dear azeroth this character is literally becoming the most annoying thing ever, he will be remembered with the same hatred as "I have sacrificed everything" "A turtle made it to the water" "Greymane forces" "TYRANDE I NEED YOU" "BETRAYYYYSSS YOU", freaking serious I hope he bites the dust instead of Sylvanas at this point.

About the raid credit don't worry jim, the pc has been credited with the kills since Chronicles but some are canonically killed by the other facions like Vashj was killed by the alliance I think and Magtheridon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Why are you guys so against new characters being developed lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    To be fair, he have developed as an ass... so they have a point to dislike him, but also, i think that's the point of his character, he's not supposed to be a likeable character, so IMHO is ok

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    because he's a character that's been highjacked by a fat cunt as his self-insert, and self-inserts are cancer when it's done by some autist so he can canonically fuck his waifu.

i hope at the very least that this piece of shit dies before this garbage expansion ends.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-01-28 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post

In the transition phase of Jaina fight, we free Nathanos from an iceblock. After that, he chides us for not finishing off Jaina yet, then stay afk and do nothing until Jaina escapes, when he shows up and do his usual "How could you let her escape? Sylvanas will be pissed, but oh well gz"

Since there's a distinct lack of other notable NPCs in that fight, I think it's safe to say lorewise, Nathanos will be credited with defeating Jaina in BoD.

Seriously, why is he EVERYWHERE yet doing absolutely nothing in game except snarking at us? Why couldn't we get Talanji confronting her father's killer? Why couldn't we get Rokhan and Rexxar to face Jaina?

At this rate, he will be the leader of the expedition in the Azshara patch, and he will be the one who kills Sylvanas in the end, regardless how little or how much sense that would make.

But you're reacting and getting angry to something that hasn't even happened? You're saying that "Since there's a distinct lack of other notable NPCs in that fight, I think it's safe to say lorewise, Nathanos will be credited with defeating Jaina in BoD." which is YOUR opinion on what's going to happen. Wait for it to atleast pan out and then get angry and complain like everybody else who "plays" WoW.

Nathanos will be credited with having driven Jaina off with the assistance of "Horde champions," or even credited with having assisted "Horde champions," if he's mentioned at all. This is how Chronicles works.

And if we're talking in-game, then I suspect no one's really going to want to take credit for having "defeated" Jaina.

I don't get what this "self insert" thing is even based on. It doesn't even make sense. This isn't a book written by an author. There's teams of people behind this entire story.

Also, we're talking about freaking undead, whose destiny together is definitely a doomed one. My money's on Nathanos biting the dust before the expansion is over.

Also by the sound of it, Nathanos is pretty much used as a damsel in this fight. Showing off his uselessness against the power of Jaina. This is probably done to show his weakness, after the complains about his apparent strength against Tyrande while boosted.

5+ Year Old Account
    that npcs take credit for what players do is nothing new.

But what he is going to take credit off? that he failed to kill her? the horde wanted jaina's head, but she escapes
    ingame, the ones who defeat her are the players.
    i am not sure if anyone in lore would want to take credit in a failure.
    he wasn't alone either, talanji was busy with one of her elementals and rhokan with some kultirans.

or maybe i am wrong and in some point in the future nathanos will proudly say "i defeated jaina,lets forget that i was iceblocked by her and had to be saved by players, minor details)

what bothers me about nathanos is that the dude is everywhere, like the dude is in darkshore, in the boat, in the raid giving orders and leading the defence of a troll city, instead of A TROLL CHARACTER wasted opportunity.

i wonder if he has taken credit of losing a valkyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Also by the sound of it, Nathanos is pretty much used as a damsel in this fight. Showing off his uselessness against the power of Jaina. This is probably done to show his weakness, after the complains about his apparent strength against Tyrande while boosted.
    but that only brings more inconsistencies.
    Tyrande is probably far more stronger than jaina and yet she failed to kill nathanos.
    meanwhile jaina alone could freeze him and if it wasn't by the players he would be finished?

Adventurers are credited for most raid bosses, not lore just figures, so I don't see why this one would be any different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    that npcs take credit for what players do is nothing new.
    Examples? Aren't horde and alliance champions/adventurers credited for raids and even who did which now after Chronicles?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats odd cause when we let him out he helped us fight Jaina when I did it. Maybe its bugged.

10+ Year Old Account

Because blizzard is hyping him up to become the new foresaken leader,bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nathanos is probably the most poorly written character this xpac, and hands my least favourite too. He's done fuck all except hide on a boat, get's pissy when something happens that's completely out of our control, acts like a smug prick even though we technically outrank him, and literally goes afk during boss fights...

I really hope he gets axed off in the most painfully embarrassing way before BFA is over.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Adventurers are credited for most raid bosses, not lore just figures, so I don't see why this one would be any different.

- - - Updated - - -

Examples? Aren't horde and alliance champions/adventurers credited for raids and even who did which now after Chronicles?
    i was referring a little more to other things.
    such as talanji becoming the leader of zandalar before rasthakan is dead and taking credit for everything that the player has done.
    or jaina herself, the player pretty much saved kultiras and yet the only thing that she actually did was bring the fleet and stopping ashvane,then became the lord admiral.
    maybe i can think in another example,like tirion alongside with the "champions" but the "public image" is tirion, if you get what i mean because almost nobody remembers the champions.
    Another example would be khadgar for defeating guldan, but that is more a shared credit!

Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    but that only brings more inconsistencies.
    Tyrande is probably far more stronger than jaina and yet she failed to kill nathanos.
    meanwhile jaina alone could freeze him and if it wasn't by the players he would be finished?
    Well, he did get boosted to 3 times his normal power against Tyrande by the Valkyr, if his buff is to be believed. And he did also lose that fight. Boosted Nathanos is apparently able to buy some time before losing. Unboosted Nathanos is even crappier. I honestly don't feel like they made him some obscene Mary Sue.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2019-01-28 at 04:06 AM.

For the record, both Rokhan and Talanji are fighting Kul'Tirans and a giant Water Elemental respectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Nathanos is such a useless fuck though. Really hope they kill him off this expansion, horribly written character and he's just your average unimpressed fuckboi at all times.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Well, he did get posted to 3 times his normal power against Tyrande by the Valkyr, if his buff is to be believed. And he did also lose that fight. Boosted Nathanos is apparently able to buy some time before losing. Unboosted Nathanos is even crappier. I honestly don't feel like they made him some obscene Mary Sue.
    that's fair.. i just think that blizzard should have used another character in these confrontations.
    or at least don't make nathanos be in darkshore and in the raid at the same time. who is leading darkshore right now anyway when the nelfs have tyrande and malfurion there?