Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Because they don't want to use Rokhan apparently
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    such as talanji becoming the leader of zandalar before rasthakan is dead and taking credit for everything that the player has done
    Talanji is more humble than that though. She states that this was not her achievement to Vol'jin. Even if she did organize the whole thing, bringing the Horde to Zandalar, leading the campaign into Nazmir, and fighting in Uldir. It's Vol'jin that convinces her the people need someone to rally to. Even so, it is the player that holds up the blade with G'huun's blood during Talanji's speech. And then she proclaims that things would have been so much worse without you as hero of the Horde, to the public.

To me, that seems like a good way to do it. Not like her taking credit for what the player has done.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2019-01-28 at 04:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    Why are you guys so against new characters being developed lmao
    nathanos has been around since vanilla as an NPC, that aside im glad he is getting his story developed, his pretty much sylvanas husband at this stage.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nathanos is a lot of fun. We needed more Forsaken characters
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    i was referring a little more to other things.
    such as talanji becoming the leader of zandalar before rasthakan is dead and taking credit for everything that the player has done.
    or jaina herself, the player pretty much saved kultiras and yet the only thing that she actually did was bring the fleet and stopping ashvane,then became the lord admiral.
    maybe i can think in another example,like tirion alongside with the "champions" but the "public image" is tirion, if you get what i mean because almost nobody remembers the champions.
    Another example would be khadgar for defeating guldan, but that is more a shared credit!
    Actually in Chronicles recognize Tirion defeated the lich king with an army of adventures and in some others media we are mentioned like edge of the night and the comic of the dark riders, so we are cannon but in questlines like Kultiras and Zandalar we are more like the support hero for the protagonist, think like the role of Cairne/Uther/Shandris helping Thrall/Arthas/Tyrande in some missions but we take or share credit when we have to face some powerful guys(like for example we are canon if the fight with Illidan and Magtheridon in the citadel and black temple)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Do you know how many ranger lords exist in this world? How many human ranger lords have ever existed?

Nathanos' accomplishments were unprecedented. He was a tactical genius, responsible for Alliance victories spanning a decade of conflict.

And now... the champion of the Forsaken.

No. This cannot be. Order must be restored.

Gather an army. Return to the Plagues with your army and destroy the Blightcaller.

I wish you luck. Truly, you will need it for this battle.

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.ne...e_Restored.jpg

Once classic hits I will pretend everything that happened after was just a bad dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Do you know how many ranger lords exist in this world? How many human ranger lords have ever existed?

Nathanos' accomplishments were unprecedented. He was a tactical genius, responsible for Alliance victories spanning a decade of conflict.

Gather an army. Return to the Plagues with your army and destroy the Blightcaller.

Once classic hits I will pretend everything that happened after was just a bad dream.
    He was just a max level hogger with good geared people he was easy to defeat, also being trained by elves isn't a great achievement considering they were roflstomped by Arthas, the orcs and almost with the zandalaris with Amani back in cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

What does "defeat" even mean? The context of this encounter is that Jaina wants to go back to Kul'Tiras and does not intend to engage the Horde at all. The Horde obviously wants to kill her.

So it seems she wins, as she completes all of her objectives, while the Horde completes none. Jaina was already leaving Zandalar out of her free will. There was no "driving off".

There's nothing Nathanos Danuser can't do, even tho he's only the boss' boyfriend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    Something something poorly written self insert.
    And we have a winner.

https://imgur.com/FX4poT6
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean developed? He is literally just the guy that screeches about everyone else in voice chat being bad while doing nothing himself.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    What does "defeat" even mean? The context of this encounter is that Jaina wants to go back to Kul'Tiras and does not intend to engage the Horde at all. The Horde obviously wants to kill her.

So it seems she wins, as she completes all of her objectives, while the Horde completes none. Jaina was already leaving Zandalar out of her free will. There was no "driving off".
    Exactly, the horde failed to kill her, she stayed by her own choice to defend the fleet she gets "defeated" in the sense that she cannot kill the players (to be honest, almost nothing can kill the players) the fleet escaped and so did her considering the odds against her, so the battle ends.

But there is this thing called propaganda, so i assume that is what the OP is referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    Something something poorly written self insert.
    Self insert? They made a character that is intentionally supposed to be disliked because hes an arrogant smart ass, and you call him a self insert?

How does that even make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Self insert? They made a character that is intentionally supposed to be disliked because hes an arrogant smart ass, and you call him a self insert?

How does that even make sense?
    See below:

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Also, making a character an arrogant smart-ass does not make them immune to criticism. We've seen very little from Nathanos besides sulking, brooding, and complaining about how the Horde PC does things, despite supposedly being a tactical genius and master marksman. It's "This character is amazing because we say they are" writing, and it is incredibly lazy.

If he actually did things to warrant his high status and reputation, it'd be a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post

Aye,a dead crap with a bow against one of the most powerful mages.

Not sure the in-game encounter can be representative about who cannonically killed/defeated anyone.

I mean, Turalyon, Alleria, Velen, Magni and Illidan were never with us against anyone in Antorus, but I'm pretty sure they were cannonically an important part of our victory

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's several instances in the raid where he complains that we're being too slow... while we have unpassable barriers in front of us, so we have to wait for him to finish whining and open the path. Then he gets turned into an iceblock by Jaina, we rescue his sorry ass and he's still all "Warchief will not be pleased with this, you should have killed her".

Anyone claiming this is somehow "character development" should just stop. He's constantly complaining that everyone doesn't do a impossibly perfect job, acts like he's working with fools that can't match his amazing skills, but when push comes to shove, he's useless in a fight (until he's actually freed and suddenly capable of stopping Jaina's encroaching frost storm). And then he still whines about it. We really should have left him there to die, nothing of value would be lost.

are you simple? nathanos was in vanilla.
    Danuser hijacked him for his self-insert.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-01-28 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Don’t read too much into this.
    As of now, the only way this fight was ever mentioned was with Anduin’s “You faced the best warriors Horde has to offer” or something. Nathanos might be included in that statement, but he wasn’t made out to be a significant factor.

7+ Year Old Account
    The undeads as whole have nothing to do with zandalar, it was rokhan/vol'jin and the trolls who were supposed to be the main race there, but nope, no troll development, lets just follow the self-insert banshee prince and the crazy sylvanus buggaloo