Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Gotta love how this "discussion" came up only when hordelets get their asses handed to them.

WPvP was ALWAYS about having the upper hand.

Higher level, stronger gear, stronger class, or sheer numbers.

Even "blood coins" - I remember very well forming groups and farming people at certain choke points or even flight masters, despite losing rep with Shaohao when killing the panda guards. Sure I only got the coin when scoring the kill, but the number alone makes you more likely to get it - enemy is less likely to fight and if they do, they die in a matter of seconds anyway.

What you try to do is make people play solo, for sake of "fairness". You queue for a BG or arena, if you want "fairness".
    Warmode doesnt have to be this...what we have today.

It could be a beautiful thing.
    It all depends on how Blizzard builds the path for us.

World PvP doesnt need to be a slaughter of groups of people killing solo players.

If Blizzard gave us a reward structure to enjoy solo...it would build a "decent" path for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    World pvpers can usually be identified by a few statements:
    "It's your fault I am 60 levels higher than you, man up"
    "It's your fault you were alone and I murdered you with 2 of my buddies, get over it"
    "Spawncamping and harassing players is a healthy and reasonable way to enjoy the game"
    "Turn warmode off if you want to play the game, because I am not letting you move one inch all day"
    "Why is everyone turning warmode off?? SMH"

I keep reading this "there are no rules" and "there should be no rules" comments and... let's compare world pvp to driving yea, there are strict rules which you should follow and there are unwritten rules that every experienced driver should be aware about, sometimes an accident happens on the road and when the police comes, person A is the one to blame as far as strict rules go, but everyone knows damn well that person B fucked up big time and he'll be standing there with his mouth shut eventhough he's "RIGHT".
    I think majority of players will see a direct correlation, just because system allows you to be a piece of shit, doesn't mean that it's justified

My opinion about "true" world pvp? i'll have to go back to isle of quel'danas, which was more than a decade ago
    Last edited by Chillside; 2019-01-30 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillside View Post
    I keep reading this "there are no rules" and "there should be no rules" comments and... let's compare world pvp to driving yea, there are strict rules which you should follow and there are unwritten rules that every experienced driver should be aware about, sometimes an accident happens on the road and when the police comes, person A is the one to blame as far as strict rules go, but everyone knows damn well that person B fucked up big time and he'll be standing there with his mouth shut eventhough he's "RIGHT".
    I think majority of players will see a direct correlation, just because system allows you to be a piece of shit, doesn't mean that it's justified
    Blizzard itself agrees there are "dishonorable actions" in PvP...but they also agree they are valid tactics.
    But they agree they are dishonorable!

proof
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/10184

The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:

-Corpse camping
    -Killing players well below your level

10+ Year Old Account
    There is not really much to a 'true' world PvP, turn on PvP and be in the open world content, THAT IS ALL.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Gotta love how this "discussion" came up only when hordelets get their asses handed to them.

WPvP was ALWAYS about having the upper hand.

Higher level, stronger gear, stronger class, or sheer numbers.

Even "blood coins" - I remember very well forming groups and farming people at certain choke points or even flight masters, despite losing rep with Shaohao when killing the panda guards. Sure I only got the coin when scoring the kill, but the number alone makes you more likely to get it - enemy is less likely to fight and if they do, they die in a matter of seconds anyway.

What you try to do is make people play solo, for sake of "fairness". You queue for a BG or arena, if you want "fairness".
    Funny alli don't have that 30% and i have seen like 20 all night lol

PvP in RPGs generally sucks, simply because level and gear triumphs over everything else.

The only MMORPG that I genuinely liked for its world PvP was Space Cowboy//Ace Online, a sci-fi arcade flight sim thingy... where skill trumps level and gear. You could have someone 10 levels lower owning people out maneuvering them and using the terrain.

Awesome game. Miss it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There is not really much to a 'true' world PvP, turn on PvP and be in the open world content, THAT IS ALL.
    But there is good and bad world pvp, right?

Even Blizzard agrees there are dishonorable actions:

Valid tactics but still dishonorable.

So...maybe try and incentivize good world pvp instead of bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Warmode doesnt have to be this...what we have today.

It could be a beautiful thing.
    It all depends on how Blizzard builds the path for us.

World PvP doesnt need to be a slaughter of groups of people killing solo players.

If Blizzard gave us a reward structure to enjoy solo...it would build a "decent" path for us.
    You have this weird delusion of "honorable solo wpvp-ers", which seems to be stemming from watching too much videos.
    Do you also think American wrestling is real?

Also, why would you promote "solo" play in an MMO?

And how far are you going to go? Like, as soon as 2 or more people get in an enemy player's vicinity, all rewards are immediately naught? Because unless you do that, you will always have people teaming up (in a multiplayer game, duh) to increase their chance of success.

You keep forgetting that the game is "balanced" around team play and the multiple specs and roles that are more or less rock-paper-scissors.

You have this weird delusion of "honorable solo wpvp-ers", which seems to be stemming from watching too much videos.
    Do you also think American wrestling is real?

Also, why would you promote "solo" play in an MMO?

And how far are you going to go? Like, as soon as 2 or more people get in an enemy player's vicinity, all rewards are immediately naught? Because unless you do that, you will always have people teaming up (in a multiplayer game, duh) to increase their chance of success.

You keep forgetting that the game is "balanced" around team play and the multiple specs and roles that are more or less rock-paper-scissors.
    The idea is to have another Blood Coins system from timeless isle.
    Where only the person with the killing blow gets the coins.
    Promoting solo play.

Could still be abused, obviously, but it would instigate solo gameplay at least for a large part of the community....i hope.

When I first started playing, I wanted to experience the world through questing, exploration and so on. With that in mind, I chose a non-PvP realm. When they effectively removed the PvP tag from realms and introduced Warmode, they gave the players a choice. When someone clicks the Warmode toggle on their interface they know what they're in for (or at least what that could mean). Don't touch how things work imo, the player knows what they enroll for with that mode on. I do agree that FP camping/killing (Flight Masters) is disruptive, though, but can that be done if the target player isn't with WM activated?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    But there is good and bad world pvp, right?

Even Blizzard agrees there are dishonorable actions:

Valid tactics but still dishonorable.

So...maybe try and incentivize good world pvp instead of bad?
    That isn't about the being 'true world pvp'er', that is about a person being an asshole or not.

You can be a true asshole world PvP'er, and you can be a true honorable world PvP'er.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That isn't about the being 'true world pvp'er', that is about a person being an asshole or not.

You can be a true asshole world PvP'er, and you can be a true honorable world PvP'er.
    And if there is any hope of seeing a reward structure in warmode (cosmetic)...shouldnt the "quests" be done solo?
    We already seen the consequences of "Overwhelming Odds"...it was not pretty