Battle of dazar’alor hc in 2/2/6 raid?

How viable is 2/2/6 setup for BoD HC? I knew it was a bit harder to do Uldir in a small raid, but i don;t know the tuning in BoD. We are a small guild and we would like to try it out, but I just wanted to hear some opinions first.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwraith View Post
    How viable is 2/2/6 setup for BoD HC? I knew it was a bit harder to do Uldir in a small raid, but i don;t know the tuning in BoD. We are a small guild and we would like to try it out, but I just wanted to hear some opinions first.
    1. I'm not sure if bots spawn rate/quantity changes on mekkatorque, so that could be a problem in theory
    2. You'll definitely face some problems as 2/2/6 on stormwall

Actually, I killed stormwall in 2/2/6 raid on normal last week and most of the people in the raid said that it was way easier than in a larger group. Dunno why, cause I only did it like that

well there is alot more passive/unavoidable raid damage on HC in 1st phase, single healing per boat could potentially get very awkward, if you get debuff overlaps.. which you'll get

With the right people it is doable. Which is why they let it actually be a 10 man raid. But part of me feels this is a bait thread and one that doesn't make a lot of sense. Like if I just make a thread saying red is my favorite color and then counter everyone else's opinion with "but it isn't red".

What do you mean by bait thread? I am in a small guild and we mostly have to pug people to get a raid. I wanted to know if we can try it like this before I propose it to the guild.

I can definitely see it work with "right people", you just give it all you have (except bl) just to get through 1st phase, 2nd is basically taloc with an add

Actually, I killed stormwall in 2/2/6 raid on normal last week and most of the people in the raid said that it was way easier than in a larger group. Dunno why, cause I only did it like that
    Same here, think we were 12 in total. Thing is the boat phase is where there needs healing so you either are forced into solo healing a boat or taking a bigger raid to allow for 4 healing. a 10man group also means the solo healer will be getting the debuff alot more often. And healing whilst moving isnt the easiest thing to do. Jaina aswell we were a small group. Didnt quite kill it, but got to last phase multiple times. The benefits or a large group is less % of your group getting frozen at a time, but there seemed to be less fuckups overall.
    So yea a larger group will have the same advantages of allowing for worst players overall in a group, but get a good group of 10 people and most bosses seem fairly easy
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2019-01-30 at 10:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    With the right people it is doable. Which is why they let it actually be a 10 man raid. But part of me feels this is a bait thread and one that doesn't make a lot of sense. Like if I just make a thread saying red is my favorite color and then counter everyone else's opinion with "but it isn't red".
    It's a legit question seeing as we just came off the back of a raid which was overly punishing for smaller groups for a LONG time after its release, and where a bunch of fights were made easier by throwing more warm bodies at it. Vectis was particularly punishing on Heroic since you had the same amount of Omega Vectors but fewer people to spread around, Mythrax incapacitated a greater percentage of your raid size with a smaller group while having fewer pokes available to knock people out, on Zek'voz you'd lose 10% of your raid with each MC as opposed to 5% for a 20man, on G'huun you would have limited options for orb-running and a greater percentage of your raid devoted to it in a smaller group.

So the OP is asking if BoD is going to be equally punishing if they attempt it in a small group. Not sure why that would be "bait".
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    So the OP is asking if BoD is going to be equally punishing if they attempt it in a small group. Not sure why that would be "bait".
    Exactly. I would really like it if it is possible to raid with a small group of friends. I remember old 10man raids pretty fondly. I killed a few bosses on normal with 10man pug, just wanted to know if anyone has tried it on hc. We again did it this week with a larger pug, so we have not tried it yet.

Stormwall is probably the exception, not the rule since in a small group you probably don't need a stack strat and can just spread out and there will be far less shit on the ground.

Mekka for example does not change the amount of people he shrinks/robots he spawns so with a smaller group you will have a far higher % of your raid shutting down robots and not actively helping on the fight otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Vectis was particularly punishing on Heroic since you had the same amount of Omega Vectors but fewer people to spread around
    Only for like week 1.

The rate at which he threw out Vectors was hot fixed to scale with size, and after that like stormwall I feel it was one of the exceptions that was easier with smaller groups in Uldir.

For the most part you're right though, Zul in particular was literally a free fight with zerg strat in a 30 man raid but good luck trying to do it at 15.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is Opulence gonna work with 2/2/6 ?

1/1/3 each side with both healers going Amethyst?

Might be very painful. PuG some people man and make life easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    How is Opulence gonna work with 2/2/6 ?

1/1/3 each side with both healers going Amethyst?

Might be very painful. PuG some people man and make life easier.
    Maybe but both people dont need amethyst. Its so easy to stack up the buff with any aoe healer in a raid of 30, 10 people is like a single cast. The other healer then gets the other gem and you are fine. The traps dont really need that much healing unless people get hit by stupid things in which case they will probably die anyway. The main room only really dangerous ability is the coin shower which damage scales with amount of people so you probably need less people in it than you did before

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrik View Post
    Maybe but both people dont need amethyst. Its so easy to stack up the buff with any aoe healer in a raid of 30, 10 people is like a single cast. The other healer then gets the other gem and you are fine. The traps dont really need that much healing unless people get hit by stupid things in which case they will probably die anyway. The main room only really dangerous ability is the coin shower which damage scales with amount of people so you probably need less people in it than you did before
    Thief's Bane is a 30 second debuff that 1-shots you after you pick up any gem. Need amethyst to prevent on each side.

We are trying to 10 man it on my guild and ran into a road block on opulence due to the gold spawn adds having an insane amount of health. Conclave isnt easy either. Basically with 10 people there is very little margin for error. Unless everyone plays perfectly if one person dies and you're out of bres its a wipe or reset.
    Last edited by sil3ntearth; 2019-02-01 at 01:40 PM.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX | Teamgroup DDR5 6000 32GB RAM | Sapphire Radeon 7900XT | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB + SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB | Windows 11 Pro

“When you've burned the bridges behind you, don't go starting a fire on the one in front of you.” ― Steven Erikson, The Bonehunters

Quote Originally Posted by Josher View Post
    Thief's Bane is a 30 second debuff that 1-shots you after you pick up any gem. Need amethyst to prevent on each side.
    Do Immunities work? Thats the only workaround I can think of. Otherwise yeah it'd be forced amethyst.

Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    Do Immunities work? Thats the only workaround I can think of. Otherwise yeah it'd be forced amethyst.
    They do work afaik. But you'd have to produce 5 people with an immunity, including a paladin tank as set. That's not that easy. Cloak won't work afaik, only hard immunities do, although cheat death seems to. So you're limited to hard immunity classes afaik. Doable but cancerous.

Damage scaling on Opulence is also somewhat cancer. The HP of the adds starts high and doesn't go up a lot. Same for Boss HP, especially due to the 100% uptime you'll have on the guaranteed crit aura in a bigger raid. Just poor tuning in general.

Generally Battle heroic seems to be tuned for 30 man groups, and on 10 mans some things become really improbable to kill. One example is Rastakhan having 3 soaks upstairs during P2 even with 10 people. That means of 5 of your people you have upstairs, 3 will be soaking, while downstairs people need to be pumping & resetting stacks frequently. It's really aids to heal.

Mekkatorque isn't any better, the robot numbers don't decrease and neither do the shrunk player amounts. That means instead of 1/10 of your raid being out due to shrink, 1/3 is now out. I believe the LoS debuff drops to 2 instances though.
    Last edited by Magicpot; 2019-02-01 at 10:31 PM.