Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What do you hate more? Troll-Jurassic park or pirate Hermione?

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I hate trolls lads. Hate em.

I've not been so turned off by the theme of the game Horde side since Pandaria...Troll-Jurassic park is really not for me.

On the other hand the Alliance get goth horror pretty Drustvar and Cthulhu themed pirate shenanigans.

Sure, write the edgy darker content for the whiney do gooders. So to play it I have to endure your crazy cat lady pirate Hermione & pubescent King boyface ....Uuugh they're the worst. I hate playing Alliance. it annoyed me rolling Ally to see Gilneas. Giving the horror content to whiney team blue is fast becoming my primary beef with the game..

Anyway...Seeing as I'd rather dive face first into a vat of drawing pins before clapping eyes on another cartoon dinosaur, how's levelling via x5 man dungeon's these days? I hear it's slow and painful?

10+ Year Old Account
    Kul'Tiras has a much bigger problem than 'all the horror content going to the do-gooders,' and that's how samey it feels, while Zandalari zones and mobs feel distinct per zone. Zandalar has a desert, a lush jungle, and a corrupted hellscape tailor-made to make arachnophobes extremely uncomfortable. Kul'Tiras has a dead forest with some snowy bits, and two rolling plains with some mountains thrown in. Zandalar has hyenas and krolusks and big cats, blood trolls and arachnid horrors and new, twisted horrors, and dinosaurs and big cats. Kul'Tiras has wolves and bears and lizards, with little hotspots of unique mobs like the wicker animals and bees.

That being said, questing in Kul'Tiras remains fun despite the samey mobs and environments because of the gothic and Lovecraftian horror themes and pirate romps, so you win some, you lose some. Though I did quite enjoy Zandalar as a whole, especially how vindictive the vulpera ended up being.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by theundad View Post

I've not been so turned off by the theme of the game Horde side since Pandaria...Troll-Jurassic park is really not for me.

On the other hand the Alliance get goth horror pretty Drustvar and Cthulhu themed pirate shenanigans.

Sure, write the edgy darker content for the whiney do gooders. So to play it I have to endure your crazy cat lady pirate Hermione & pubescent King boyface ....Uuugh they're the worst. I hate playing Alliance. it annoyed me rolling Ally to see Gilneas. Giving the horror content to whiney team blue is fast becoming my primary beef with the game..

Anyway...Seeing as I'd rather dive face first into a vat of drawing pins before clapping eyes on another cartoon dinosaur, how's levelling via x5 man dungeon's these days? I hear it's slow and painful?
    Maybe you should not play the game since you're acting like a privileged child who didn't like his episode of Naruto...

10+ Year Old Account
    I consider the Alliance zones laughably worse than Horde. Sure, the themes of the Alliance zones are good, and the art is great, but the actual stories and gameplay make me feel like I'm in a D-list Disney film. I think Nazmir is probably the best zone they've ever made.

So to play it I have to endure your crazy cat lady pirate Hermione & pubescent King boyface
    *Cringe*

It's a shame that you are so superficial. The political drama storyline of Kul Tiras is the best storyline to come out of this mess of an expansion. While the villains are very much generic and cliché (especially Lady Ashvane and Gorak Tul), the supporting characters like Taelia, Flynn, Brother Pike, and Lucille Waycrest are great, and I really enjoyed the final quetsline between Katherine and Jaina.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is the pirate Hermione?

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Who is the pirate Hermione?
    British accent of any regional type plus oh noes wimmenz = Hermione.

It makes so much sense!

Trolls are so fucking cool. They were one of the very few races on Azeroth before the Titans. They waged war against the Az'Aqir for a millennia and survived the age of the Black Empire. They're super athletes who can regenerate limbs, they were the progenitors of Night Elves, and they smoke mad reefer.

Stay away from the voodoo (read: hating Trolls), mon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm bothered by your juvenile attitude more than either of the things you don't seem to like.

Oh well, nothing you can do about it.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Edgy middle school gamer detected

If everything bothers you, I suggest you look for another game. This one is clearly not for you.
    Whatever...

Yeah I hate Jaina and I hate trolls, so I didn't buy BFA.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Trolls are so fucking cool. They were one of the very few races on Azeroth before the Titans. They waged war against the Az'Aqir for a millennia and survived the age of the Black Empire. They're super athletes who can regenerate limbs, they were the progenitors of Night Elves, and they smoke mad reefer.

Stay away from the voodoo (read: hating Trolls), mon.
    They retconed that, now the trolls existed after the wars between titan keepers and the black empire
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Idk man, you sound kinda whiney yourself
    You sounds like you're not enjoying the game, maybe take a break?
    Besides, leveling through Island Expedition is way quicker than dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post

It makes so much sense!
    Sooo.. what character are we talking about? That ashvane woman? Im totally lost in alliance-lore atm

Quote Originally Posted by Mauzi92 View Post
    Sooo.. what character are we talking about? That ashvane woman? Im totally lost in alliance-lore atm
    I think he means Taelia Fordragon, who gives a bunch of the world quests, but i don’t really see the problem, i played through an expansion of Khadgar’s dad-jokes, so i can handle a slightly-thick accent. :3

After all, over-the-top voice acting has been a staple of the “Warcraft” series since “Orcs and humans”...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post

It makes so much sense!
    Well America thinks we only have two accents we are either Dick Van Dyke or Posh Brit....

I think it's more of an exposure thing, Americans are mostly exposed to those two things when it comes to British accents. God forbid they meet a Brummie, Geordie or anyone from the south-west.

When I went to America a few people thought "oh you're from Australia?", 0,o
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Mauzi92 View Post
    I assume OP means Talia. Except my joke was she (and everyone else in Kul Tiras) in no way resembles Hermione anyway so IDFK what they were smoking.

"Ah, yes, a lower-class accent belonging to an adventurer, rogue accomplice, and bar-frequenter.

Just like Hermione...?"

Also, "dinosaurs means Jurassic Park...for some reason." Dinosaurs did not exist in pop culture before or after Jurassic Park. An Aztec/Mayan mashup society that trains dinosaurs is in no way different from a dinosaur theme park. Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Well America thinks we only have two accents we are either Dick Van Dyke or Posh Brit....
    It's remarkably stupid. Is Hermione just short for "young female with an accent" these days?
    Last edited by Vakir; 2019-02-04 at 08:36 PM.

You know what's great about poorly written stories in MMOs? You can ignore the fuck out of it.

I recently changed from horde to alliance just to play different races with my friend, has nothing to do with any lore. And to be honest, it makes no fucking difference in amiance or attitude. I don't see Jaina or Anduin as leaders, I see them as fucking useless bunch of pixels like any other NPCs, they are irrelevant and I really don't see how their digital existance is affecting you (or anyone else for that matter).

The game is just action bars, health gauges and numbers flying across the screen. Everything else is the most meaningless stuff I've ever seen in almost any games.

Why are people offended by the meaningless things?

Trolls are the last thing that is keeping me playing this game. If it wouldn't be for them I'd be long gone.
    Blizz managed to ruin Horde and kill plenty of characters that I liked.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria