7+ Year Old Account
    Welp, this race was surprisingly free of drama. Guess it's something now.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Well GG Limit I guess lol, talk about moving the goalposts.

What an absolute shitshow.

Assuming Limit were doing the same zerg tactic this is actually a massive advantage to them. The hotfix most likely makes this tactic which both guilds would have already done splits for impossible & also make the boss generally impossible with current gear levels now having to handle the elemental.

Difference being Limit reset tomorrow and can re-gear for a new tactic only losing the rest of today's progress while Method are losing an additional day on top of this.

If Limit weren't zerging it's still an advantage to them apart from they don't even lose the rest of today to the hotfix.

lmfao lorgok's tweets are a yikers from me.

https://twitter.com/MethodLorgok

the snap rage at blizzard is juicy. the encounter was not working as designed. the frost nova was not going off - it's literally in the dungeon journal. what are they supposed to do, wait until you kill the boss and get WF then make it harder for everyone else? go back to the gym braindead

Well, the race might as well be reset now. I've no doubt Limit was ignoring the elemental as well. So now a DPS race is completely unrealistic and the boss is most definitely not dying before the next lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by youswas View Post

the snap rage at blizzard is juicy. the encounter was not working as designed. the frost nova was not going off - it's literally in the dungeon journal. what are they supposed to do, wait until you kill the boss and get WF then make it harder for everyone else? go back to the gym braindead
    Yea. That’s kind of a childish outburst.

Technically they aren’t given the game that much of an exposure anyway. Those who follow the WF race are already interested in the game and after the race is done Twitch views drop again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ye well, Method raiders should know better, than ignoring entire mechanic won't fly.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Nobody should be surprised that a 'lol zerg ignore everything' strat, especially on a final boss, was hot fixed.

Method was basically trying to a strat they knew would've had a good chance to be unintended (not exploitative, but unintended)... Yet they still decided to stick with it. Id water they were hoping to zerg kill it before blizzard changed it even though they knew it was a cheap way to approach the fight in p3 which likely wasn't the intended way.

If it's true that limits strat has been to kill the elemental alll this time then much respect too them for sticking with the obvious way the fight was meant to be done, even while method got close numerically to a kill (but not really close in practicality since 6% boss hp is still a lot).

Of course, if the Elemental wasn't doing something it was supposed to do, then yeah it should get fixed.
    It's just a really shit way of doing it sneaking it in like that, in all the time Method (& Limit) were doing it like this no one at all at Blizz could contact them and let them know something wasn't right and were looking in to it?

Death simulator speaks

15+ Year Old Account
    Here come the white knights
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Wonder with the amount of money Sco has made will encourage Limit to stream?

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Yea. That’s kind of a childish outburst.

Technically they aren’t given the game that much of an exposure anyway. Those who follow the WF race are already interested in the game and after the race is done Twitch views drop again.

dont all the top players complain wow is too easy, so blizzard makes a boss hard and they say its overtuned?? tbc raiders wouldnt complain!

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Nobody should be surprised that a 'lol zerg ignore everything' strat, especially on a final boss, was hot fixed.

Method was basically trying to a strat they knew would've had a good chance to be unintended (not exploitative, but unintended)... Yet they still decided to stick with it. Id water they were hoping to zerg kill it before blizzard changed it even though they knew it was a cheap way to approach the fight in p3 which likely wasn't the intended way.

If it's true that limits strat has been to kill the elemental alll this time then much respect too them for sticking with the obvious way the fight was meant to be done, even while method got close numerically to a kill (but not really close in practicality since 6% boss hp is still a lot).
    their best attempt was 28% short and the stacks were unmanageable. Zerging was never going to work before the reset, Limit had nothing to fear.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    their best attempt was 28% short and the stacks were unmanageable. Zerging was never going to work before the reset, Limit had nothing to fear.
    Yes but seems like most casters downplayed just how far off they were at best, and steam viewers were totally oblivious to it at worst. "6% boss hp" was NOT a close wipe, but nobody really pointed that out clearly enough on stream. It's miles off, maybe 30-60 seconds (with extra movement needed more and more in deep p3 for the wider arc glacial rays being dodged from far images , and extra icefalls etc)

I say method has only themselves to blame here... For doing a strat that clearly wouldn't work and needed 2-3 weeks extra worth of gear, and clearly wasn't the intended way the fight was envisioned to be done. They set themselves up for failure.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2019-02-04 at 11:14 PM.

What exactly is he mad about? That Jaina is too hard? Or that the difficulty jump from the first 8 bosses to Jaina is too high?

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Yes but seems like most casters downplayed just how far off they were at best, and steam viewers were totally oblivious to it at worst. "6% boss hp" was NOT a close wipe, but nobody really pointed that out clearly enough on stream. It's miles off.

I saw method has only themselves to blame here... For doing a strat that clearly wouldn't work and needed 2-3 weeks extra worth of gear, and clearly wasn't the intended way the fight was envisioned to be done. They set themselves up for failure.
    Most of the casters are actually clueless as to how the basics work. The only one who showed the least bit of comprehension was the finalboss guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofimaster View Post
    Blizzard dicking down Method once again by hotfixing their zerg strat after 2 days of attempts LMAO

Now they have to start P3 from scratch.

How many advantages does Limit need to win!? Pathetic.
    Methond tried to cheese the encounter by zerging. Method had to know it was coming. Also, only a fool would think Limit wasn't doing it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    method says they may have already reverted the change?

https://twitter.com/Methodgg/status/1092563503460900865