Massive congratulations to method. They are insane and fantastic at what they do.
    Not sure if limit have given up entirely but still not 9/9. I suspect they were never even close to a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Just want to know: is this now a legit kill or was the elemental still bugged with not casting frost nova?
    Its clear that blizzard didn't intend the boss to be zerged down like it was but the kill is as legit as a kill is going to be. They just fucked up the fight design.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I love all this talk about tactics when the tactic here was basically zerging the boss.
    That is the thing. The tactics were to zerg it and ignore as much as they could. I assume method realized it may be impossible if they didn't go that route until they got a higher ilvl. In reality they still needed to flawlessly execute the encounter and to pray for RNG to work in their favour. Saying its a zerg strat and that must be "simpler" is very wrong. It was still 300+ wipes on a zerg strat that played out because they recognized if it should be culpible or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Uh what????? Method had a crap ton of backing especially compared to limit lol.
    No they did not have a crap ton of backing like you are implying. But keep on spouting your lies

Quote Originally Posted by Draxia View Post
    Paragon did this to Method and everyone else with Ragnaros.
    True, but twitch wasn't around back then, it is different now. Limit will get meme'd out of existence.

I love all this talk about tactics when the tactic here was basically zerging the boss.
    Took ~250 pull to do all the math, calculate the damage, line up cooldowns perfectly, figure out boss mechanics and their timers etc before Method decided it's possible to kill her and locked on the tactic, but here you are thinking 20 player went there and "zerged" her to death...

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Last time alliance had a world first of a last boss ya gotta go all ways back to dragon soul. thats how bad alliance is at moment.
    Because all the good alliance guilds switched to horde over the years... no one is left to play alliance and no one is going to faction transfer back.

It's not that alliance is bad, it's that all the insanely good players are horde.

That's where credit has to be given to Scrype, he worked out it was possible to zerg it on the 1st week. Usually zerg tactics are for when you over gear an encounter.

Limit had some good moments this tier, they cleared the first 8 in faster time then any other guild and that's with Stonewall blockage being bugged initially. If Jaina was like G'huun where it was just one viable tactic with different strategies then it would of given Limit more of a chance.

However throw in multiple possibilities like in the Jaina encounter Method will always win because of experience and tactical prowess.

I said in an earlier post if Limit don't switch to the zerg tactic and other guilds do, they might not even get 2nd spot this tier.
    Last edited by Hightotemz; 2019-02-06 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keysta99 View Post
    True, but twitch wasn't around back then, it is different now. Limit will get meme'd out of existence.
    It's unfortunate, Paragon did a lot of meme-worthy stuff. One of my favorites was the Nefarian world first with 12 druids if I remember correctly.

Does anyone know if Method will be streaming today or they just gonna be raiding at night now?

Streaming World First
    Getting World First
    Making a ton of Money
    Raise over 20k Euro for Save the Children

What a Win!! Gz Method

Quote Originally Posted by Xenois View Post
    Streaming World First
    Getting World First
    Making a ton of Money
    Raise over 20k Euro for Save the Children

What a Win!! Gz Method
    Yeap that is true, It is good that method won this particular tier especially with all the sponsorship they received and streaming the event with all the setup they had for this event, however it is not good if no guild is able to kill Jaina this reset without a nerf or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Here's an argument that makes sense to me:

The real money comes from being world first. Limit decided not to stream this tier on the theory that it would help them get world first, then they would go into next tier with the world first cachet. Didn't work out.
    Sure, having world firsts definitely would bring in more viewers, Method has the name. But I low-balled that number because I expect that's what they could've made had they streamed progress. I think Method made out quite a bit higher than that, and who knows how much the larger sponsorships pay out given the absurd numbers you see top streamers (10k+ viewers) get just for playing a game, knowing full well at points some of those streams would have 40k+ viewers.

I'm curious how well their merch is selling because Sco was advertising it on his stream (and I suspect the main Method channel was as well).

One thing in Limit's favor is that NA gets the patch first, so Method isn't even streaming, so they've got a day of free real estate.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2019-02-06 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    Does anyone know if Method will be streaming today or they just gonna be raiding at night now?
    They said they were gunna stream the reclear with full comms, Scripa said avout a 10am start but not 100%

And Limit still didn't kill Jaina tonight? Damn, what a disappointment. Guess my original statement that Method was just gonna win was correct and that the WF race is kinda boring because it's been Method for so many times now.

I thought Limit was gonna take it but Method snuck in for the win once I doubted them, lol

Hopefully Sco (and probably Method as a whole, looking at you High Tinkerer) try a bit better next tier. I was a bit disappointed with Sco's performance and effort for a WF guild. Hopefully this next time he'll be able to put in the proper effort w/ his arm healed up.

Grats to Method again, especially while streaming. Hopefully some other guild can step up to the plate and get a win so we can have a more suspenseful race.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranged View Post
    Well Method had the advantage of the US guilds streaming these bosses and showing them all the strats. Without that they'd probably still be on the monkey boss. Remember that Rogerbrown quit and he was the probably the biggest reason Method won in Uldir. Now there's only Justwait and Sco left from the real Method crew, and the rest are just R.E.M-trash.

This raid will be an easy win for Limit, you may quote me later.
    easy win, right?
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    And Limit still didn't kill Jaina tonight? Damn, what a disappointment. Guess my original statement that Method was just gonna win was correct and that the WF race is kinda boring because it's been Method for so many times now.

I thought Limit was gonna take it but Method snuck in for the win once I doubted them, lol

Hopefully Sco (and probably Method as a whole, looking at you High Tinkerer) try a bit better next tier. I was a bit disappointed with Sco's performance and effort for a WF guild. Hopefully this next time he'll be able to put in the proper effort w/ his arm healed up.

Grats to Method again, especially while streaming. Hopefully some other guild can step up to the plate and get a win so we can have a more suspenseful race.
    My personal hope is that Limit kill Jaina tonight so that it creates a bit of atmosphere again for the next tier. Honestly if Limit hadn't done so well the first tier a lot of people wouldn't of been bothered knowing method would easily take it, however if Limit takes a week or even a few days from this point ,then there won't be any point watching next tier.

Sco did good, I think people just like to rag on him. The guy is responsible for a lot of income the method players are generating which makes a big difference when putting a lot of time into something you love.
    Last edited by Hightotemz; 2019-02-06 at 07:56 AM.

My personal hope is that Limit kill Jaina tonight so that it creates a bit of atmosphere again for the next tier. Honestly if Limit hadn't done so well the first tier a lot of people wouldn't of been bothered knowing method would easily take it, however if Limit takes a week or even a few days from this point ,then there won't be any point watching next tier.

Sco did good, I think people just like to rag on him. The guy is responsible for a lot of income the method players are generating which makes a big difference when putting a lot of time into something you love.
    Relatively, I think Sco didn't do that great (I didn't watch the whole stream of course). He was pretty under-prepared as well from what I've heard/seen. He got it done in the end but I think they're really missing Roger. Perhaps Sco was just rusty (because he broke his fucking arm) or maybe got a bit too complacent, caught up in shit, tired of the game, etc. but he seemed to not really be putting in the effort that a WF guild would require of its members. He got sat on Mechatorque or w/e.

My personal hope is that Limit kill Jaina tonight so that it creates a bit of atmosphere again for the next tier. Honestly if Limit hadn't done so well the first tier a lot of people wouldn't of been bothered knowing method would easily take it, however if Limit takes a few days or even a week from this point ,then there won't be any point watching next tier.
    I'll be surprised if Limit continue to go all out for the next tier(not that 2 boss raid or whatever that is next) instead of reverting back to their normal raid whenever they want schedule while streaming. Less stress, more money(even more money if they stream with coms because lets be real coms during a race would draw in more people), while still maintaining a likely top 5 world rank.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    I'll be surprised if Limit continue to go all out for the next tier(not that 2 boss raid or whatever that is next) instead of reverting back to their normal raid whenever they want schedule while streaming. Less stress, more money(even more money if they stream with coms because lets be real coms during a race would draw in more people), while still maintaining a likely top 5 world rank.
    I alluded to this in my previous post, they were probably wanting WF and then next tier stream. They can approach sponsors more easily with that under their belt. Now they need to decide if they just going to stream for some chop change or try another tier without income.