The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I hope you are wrong. Dont you?
    Well yes, but I'm not exactly holding my breath

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I await your statistics on the said person's post history. You know, with links and all... Gotta prove your claim, after all, since it's very easy for you. I couldnt do it even if you paid me.
    Because you also went into great lengths to prove that it's an actual needle in a haystack situation, you know... with links and all. After all, your claim is irrefutable.

Makes sense, sounds good.

Get back to me when one of these talks about actual Sandbox games they have played and can copy to WoW. I have yet to see it. All they do is themepark and adjust the seat belt tightness every once in awhile.

A sandbox MMO RPG is where you get the world and the resources and the recipes but it is up to the players to make things and do things with it.

In theory a sandbox for WOW would be more like the RTS in the sense that you would be able to 'farm' resources in the zones.
    So you could create mills, mines, etc and those would generate resources to build towns, barracks, mage towers and so forth.
    All of that would then be attackable at any time by the other factions NPCs, units and players.
    And of course units at certain levels would spawn NPCs of various levels from basic grunt, to heavy warrior to mounted knights.
    This applies to land sea and air of course, because you could have units to generate air assets like gyrocopters.
    You could have shipyards generating boats and obviously have sea combat.

WOW never had this because IMO they never really worked out the performance issues with having too many players in one spot.

This is why a tinker class wouldn't make sense because a tinker class is a builder and repairer of player controlled devices.
    But we don't really have player controlled devices like tanks, vehicles, gyrocopters and so forth as they exist in the lore.

If we did have that, instead of the attack on Lordaeron being a scripted scenario, this would actually take place in game in real time.
    Your faction leader would issue the order, and then all resources and units would be mustered to begin the assault.
    That would include marshalling resources, building the units and actually transporting them to the attack point.
    And of course all along the way you could be counterattacked by the other faction.

Now how the attack turns out is purely up to the players. But the gameplay would be in the time and effort to actually build your forces and engage in the combat. Which obviously could last for months depending on how long resource timers are set to for generating resources and creating uints.

And in this kind of environment, there would be no such thing as 'individual' progression as most progression would be tied to the faction or group content.
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2019-02-06 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ascensyon View Post
    ok then, what is your solution?
    They are mostly doing the stuff I like and while I might not care for all the "rides" in their theme park - fishing, cooking, islands, pet battles - I think it makes the game better for them to be here.

I do think they need an option on islands for a stay once complete to explore, or add a "loot progress" bar of some sort too but the rides I do like to ride are in pretty good shapes with the exception of 5-man dungeons being too densely packed with trash.

The main thing I think WoW needs is a spectator cam for BGs, raids and such.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Because you also went into great lengths to prove that it's an actual needle in a haystack situation, you know... with links and all. After all, your claim is irrefutable.
    But i gave proof. The post history. It's there for everyone to see. So now, since you disagree, it's on YOU to prove that the said person is not a blatant white knight. Go on. i dare you.
    /spit@Blizzard

But i gave proof. The post history. It's there for everyone to see. So now, since you disagree, it's on YOU to prove that the said person is not a blatant white knight. Go on. i dare you.
    According to your logic, I also gave proof. Literally look no further than page 1.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    According to your logic, I also gave proof. Literally look no further than page 1.
    There's none. Link. Prove me wrong.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    Alot of Speculation around the new AI systems are pointing towards AI in dungeons, but im thinking it could possibly be to do with the new WQs on dragon isles, while i doubt it will be anything newspaper worthyit could at least be a step in the right direction
    Harder WQs without vastly improved fun/rewards will make the game worse not better.

Imagine if you have to kill 10 murlocs, but all they do is jump constantly, run away at 50% health, perma-stun you, and randomly go Immune at 1 health, like Island Expedition AI enemies all do. Ye gods. Is that what people want?

Knowing Blizz, it'll probably be a dixie cup of sand

10+ Year Old Account
    Not interested still unsubbed. Ill back probably to unlock zandalari.

regardless what „sandbox“ means, if it just means „another direction than what we do now“ i am happy. it is at least „a chance“.

There's none. Link. Prove me wrong.
    If you'd actually bother you would have easily found it, you know. This is just one example among many. Seeing that you're so interested in this matter I'm sure you'll read the entire thread, or at least his replies. Give it a try for others too.

Lol I dont suck up to everything blizz does, if you want me to spam I can link the hundred and one things I hate about wow and what blizz has done with it.
    But I won't because unlike a lot of people here I know that it literally won't do shit, and no matter how much I shit on the game, people will see me say 1 good thing about it and call me a fanboi, then in another thread I say 1 bad thing and people call me a hater and that I should just quit.

Also idk about you but I'm not slow, 15 posts a day does not take me 8 hours, so idk what to say about you man
    Soure

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Harder WQs without vastly improved fun/rewards will make the game worse not better.

Imagine if you have to kill 10 murlocs, but all they do is jump constantly, run away at 50% health, perma-stun you, and randomly go Immune at 1 health, like Island Expedition AI enemies all do. Ye gods. Is that what people want?
    Weve had no word about the rewards to the change in WQ setup, at least give em a chance before making the assumption theyd be bad!

5+ Year Old Account
    People wanted housing, we got Garrisons. People wanted something to do besides raids/M+, we got IEs and warfronts. So I'm actually dreading what might be Ion's take on "sandbox" content. The guy is really good at making raids and dungeons, but sucks at EVERYTHING else.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Calling right now that Blizzard lacks the capacity to make something relevant with sandbox, they tried Garrison and failed and did what they do best, tucked their heads in the sand and never mentioned their fails again.

Don't get too excited OP, the way they are cutting costs I don't believe you will get the content you deserve.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

TL;DR version :

* Blizzard needs resubs.
    * You know what sells 3+ monthes resubs ? It's not current content, it's not time gating.

What sells 3+ monthes resubs is shiny, overglorified promises. Just like Weight Watchers programs. You sub, hoping, betting on a future, and then when it comes, it's just the old stuff with a new coat of paint plus a tiny, tiny, very tiny change. And you can't complain as it's fitting the main claim; the only thing you can do is being disappointed and wait for the new promise. Meanwhile they still have your money.
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2019-02-07 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Get out of here. Really?

Sandbox is the future of MMO's. Is such a cool concept!
    Elders Scrolls Skyrim on World of Warcraft is the best thing ever!
    i hate skyrim, so yeah, i'm with him, I hope they dont remove linear questing in favor of sandbox stuff. I mean, if it's only to improve on world quest system, great, but please, let it not become a general idea.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you'd actually bother you would have easily found it, you know. This is just one example among many. Seeing that you're so interested in this matter I'm sure you'll read the entire thread, or at least his replies. Give it a try for others too.

Soure
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/search....529&pp=&page=9

https://www.mmo-champion.com/search....29&pp=&page=13

https://www.mmo-champion.com/search....29&pp=&page=16

https://www.mmo-champion.com/search....29&pp=&page=21

https://www.mmo-champion.com/search....29&pp=&page=30

Just a few pages of the said persons post history with absolutely no negative blizzard posting. Just defending.

And here's one of her Original Brown-Nosing, spittle-licking, blatant white-knighting threads. Made to just defend Blizzard, even in a fucking non WoW-related topic. With absolutely no knowledge of the matter and twisting of arguments to serve her compulsive attitude about her prrrrrrrecious game company. Lol.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...g-quot-Reality

You linked one post she made with like less than 10 posts in total for minor Blizzard failures, i linked a few of the 999 still available PAGES of her latest posts, all defending Blizzard.. There's hundreds more PAGES like these.

Consider yourself pwnd. I'm done with you and your sucking up. Although, i do believe you're either somehow related to her or, even, a 2nd account. Enough Off-topic bantering.
    /spit@Blizzard