Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be on pair with these achievements, but nowadays, how do you get to 450? It's never ending grind mounts or low % RNG mounts. All fun in mount collecting is gone. We do NOT need more achievements to promote further unhealthy gameplay.

Err, that's what mount collecting has always been.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    Have the 500 mount achievement let you walk on water on any mount.
    THAT would be amazing. The reward mounts are such a letdown - they're only good for counting as a mount to help players reach the next achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    Have the 500 mount achievement let you walk on water on any mount.
    Or add mount rewards that are useful, idk mount with auctioneer/mailbox or similar.
    Something that is worth grinding for.

Probably another recolored phoenix or other model crap... i would love to have Oondasta as a mount for 450 mounts collected achievement but it's unlikely to happen... right?

I'd like a reskinned scarab mount, we currently only have Blue and Brown outside of aq40

What do you mean by brown? Did you mean black, for oldschool gong ringers?

NO! People will buy more mounts in the cash shop

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Who cares? Add them up to 1000, what difference would that make to anyone?
    Remember when we got the 10k daily quest achieve? That was like a long project. But it didn't feel extremely out of reach. Now compare it with the honor farm. there is a goal, but it takes just too long to farm out.
    If you were to add the 1000 achieve, it would demotivate players I think rather than motivate.
    A reward must be within reach.

And yeah today's mount farms are very poorly designed. But it doesn't mean they have to ruin it for good.

They should add a 500 wow token achievements (or equivalent money spent first).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triginhil View Post
    I'd like a reskinned scarab mount, we currently only have Blue and Brown outside of aq40

Red, green, Yellow, Blue inside.
    Ultramarine (kinda blue) and Black outside.

Where does Brown come from?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Stupid question maybe but a friend said he got the 400 mount achievement early thanks to the legion class mounts counting as account-wide rather than class-specific, is this still a thing? (Maybe it never was)

Curious as I'm currently at 352 mounts trying to push up to 400. Only have a few class mounts so could be a nice way of earning more IF they count. Otherwise I'm mostly missing out on PVP mounts (never put down the time in arena to get saddles) and some "rare" drops, and TCG ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Stupid question maybe but a friend said he got the 400 mount achievement early thanks to the legion class mounts counting as account-wide rather than class-specific, is this still a thing? (Maybe it never was)

Curious as I'm currently at 352 mounts trying to push up to 400. Only have a few class mounts so could be a nice way of earning more IF they count. Otherwise I'm mostly missing out on PVP mounts (never put down the time in arena to get saddles) and some "rare" drops, and TCG ones.
    Yes, all class mounts from Legion will count toward the achievement. I think, though could certainly be wrong, even the druid flight form was made to count towards it. That includes spec variations that you learn as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Remember when we got the 10k daily quest achieve? That was like a long project. But it didn't feel extremely out of reach. Now compare it with the honor farm. there is a goal, but it takes just too long to farm out.
    If you were to add the 1000 achieve, it would demotivate players I think rather than motivate.
    A reward must be within reach.

And yeah today's mount farms are very poorly designed. But it doesn't mean they have to ruin it for good.
    I believe Schizoide meant adding mount achievements up to 1000 or some such number. That means adding in the increment achievements too. I don't think you'd need to worry about a lack of motivation if your next grind was 450 or 500, even if the maximum number added to the game was 1000.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post

They do count. I did that in Legion on my warrior, mage, warlock, paladin, rogue and hunter and that helped me hit 400+ mounts before BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Who cares? Add them up to 1000, what difference would that make to anyone?
    why 1000? Why not 5000?

It seemed like a nice round number. But sure, add achievements up to twenty billion, for all I care.

10/10 humble brag. Would read again.

Would be happy if they added a flying mount this time. Maybe a spectral flying T-Rex mount?

What I really want is the plain white eagle from Storm Peaks back in WOTLK. They had quests where you rode them, so they work as mounts, but were never added to the game.

I would love some new models to be fair