Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Was all of that nonsense prof stuff and boss kill order even of any substance? How much ilvl/dps advantage did they gain?
    It allowed them to potentially trade some important gear slots to the right people. Bet limit also played the professions in a way. According to wowprogress limit had more itemlvl on their kill than method on both their kills (not sure how accurate wowprogress is though).

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Ok, but you did. You keep telling yourself whatever makes you happy.
    You really do love to make claims with no proof, don't you ?

Who is really trying to look smart?
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    It didn't my guild had 11 dragonwraths but 1 rogue and 1 arcane mage, couldn't make the burst dps requirement, we also lacked a prot warrior so the tank constantly died to bloods late into the fight.

we got a prot warr friend of someone, not even a raider, 25 ilvl's lower than the raid group, the tendril was nerfed 15% health and we killed it in like 3 pulls, bring the spec >>>>>>>>>>gear >>>>>>> player skill.

so yeah dragonwraths cannot make up for lack of arcane mages/rogues.

what we're top guilds running like 4-5 of each?! no doubt benching other dragonwrath casters for a mage, if that isn't proof the staff don't mean shit compared to the spec i don't know what does.
    I think the problem is you aren't looking from a WF perspective, where you needed/preferred geared arcane mages with the staff. The thing you said about arcane > everything is true for all levels of play, however take a look at how much "prep" Method has done this tier and say if they would go "Nah, who needs a legendary". I wouldn't say Koreans won because of double FL lockout, however it did make farming and preparing easier. Going through the older threads, apparently some of their alt mages farmed FL on their own and they also recruited people with legendaries so they had 7 mages, 1 sp, 1 ele and 1 lock, all with legendary on their kill which is easier with double lockout but definitely not impossible without it.

Anyways... Reading your post made me remember how much I hated that fight, our blood tank and the fact that we had to use off-spec resto shaman...

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    I really liked "being done" with a char and only logging in for raid in past addons.
    Same dude.

It was a good feeling; I don't have to log on every day and play; I can just raid and do other things.

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    I think the problem is you aren't looking from a WF perspective, where you needed/preferred geared arcane mages with the staff. The thing you said about arcane > everything is true for all levels of play, however take a look at how much "prep" Method has done this tier and say if they would go "Nah, who needs a legendary". I wouldn't say Koreans won because of double FL lockout, however it did make farming and preparing easier. Going through the older threads, apparently some of their alt mages farmed FL on their own and they also recruited people with legendaries so they had 7 mages, 1 sp, 1 ele and 1 lock, all with legendary on their kill which is easier with double lockout but definitely not impossible without it.

Anyways... Reading your post made me remember how much I hated that fight, our blood tank and the fact that we had to use off-spec resto shaman...
    ah yes i forgot resto shaman was another required spec, spirit link OP.

Also EU can't win world first when it's banned when has korea won otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Was all of that nonsense prof stuff and boss kill order even of any substance? How much ilvl/dps advantage did they gain?
    method was 406 on their first Jaina kill, we were 403 during that week

Quote Originally Posted by Stock Trader View Post
    Really? Is this dude being serious? How can any guild compete with them spending this amount of time preparing and playing this game. Any this is not even the time they spent raiding. Unfucking real.. Is this really what WoW raiding has come down to?
    Why do you think no one outside of Limit and Method is trying for WF?
    Guilds have pushed themselves further and further in an attempt to 'be the best' to the point where the entire race is now just pure poison.
    The way to win is to not play along and just enjoy the game and doing the best you can with the time your willing to invest while you wait for Method to completely burn themselves out.
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2019-02-07 at 11:17 PM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    method was 406 on their first Jaina kill, we were 403 during that week
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/376241520?t=03h23m26s
    Your warlock seems to disagree
    Stormwall is the same itemlevel too so i dont see the huge difference anywhere.
    Last edited by Itsalright; 2019-02-07 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsalright View Post
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/376241520?t=03h23m26s
    Your warlock seems to disagree
    Stormwall is the same itemlevel too so i dont see the huge difference anywhere.
    yeah i was mistaken 403 on our first pull of the boss, ~405 at the end of the week from M+

I remember a bunch of guilds trying to poach me because I was a Arcane Mage with an early Dragonwrath and Shard of Woe, fun times

Nowadays guilds seem to just prepare a bunch of toons instead of bothering to poach. Had less sources of gear and no warforging, so poaching was naturally more appealing

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    yeah i was mistaken 403 on our first pull of the boss, ~405 at the end of the week from M+
    Method showed logs on stream briefly and it said 405.x~ if i remember correctly so pretty much exactly what you guys had (seeing how gems etc can easily make the difference if its so close in itemlevel.)

Seems people compare limit pre heroic split itemlevel with method jaina kill itemlevel and then think there was a "huge" difference when there really wasn't any at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    I really liked "being done" with a char and only logging in for raid in past addons.
    Same. That's one big reason why WoD wasn't a bad expansion and Legion/BFA suck(ed) for me personally. Gimme back dat linear & finite progression please and fuck those mandatory daily quests and timegated never-ending chores.
    Last edited by chooi; 2019-02-08 at 12:43 AM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Same. That's one big reason why WoD wasn't a bad expansion and Legion/BFA suck(ed) for me personally. Gimme back dat linear & finite progression please and fuck those mandatory daily quests and timegated never-ending chores.
    The answer, as so often in life, is self control.
    Stop chasing neck level once you can unlock all rings any given piece.
    Pretend WF doesn't exist.

Voila, your back to raid logging in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

Hard to pretend when the unemployed people in your guild will be notably ahead of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Hard to pretend when the unemployed people in your guild will be notably ahead of you.
    that's your own fault for looking or caring.

that's your own fault for looking or caring.
    Yeah man it's my fault for wanting to complete the game's content (you won't progress through mythic without caring about how your character does.) If I just didn't play the game I'd be happier. Wait.. almost as if it's a bad game.

I think what upsets people is that the raiding game was stable and great for over a decade before Legion and then they add this shit-garbage design in. The time commitment was roughly the same from WOTLK to WoD. Then it greatly increased suddenly.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2019-02-08 at 12:55 AM.

I've tried that and I got my 7/8M Uldir with just 4h/week raiding until we ran into roster issues (WLs for Ghuun) but it's not fulfilling on the long run.

The game is just not fun when you can't stay competitive without non-stop grinding AP, M+ for TF-RNG and playing multiple alts for PL gear trading. Forced daily quests always sucked and will never be something I can enjoy.

There are also more reasons than just WF. Race for WF has and always will be a thing that only a tiny fraction of people has the motivation and dedication for. I've always enjoyed playing for top parses but that has become impossible without infinite grind. It was also a good feeling when you finally had your full BiS set together and knew that you were "done" with the game for a while and the time had finally come to pad the meters like a mofo. For other people it's going full domination mode in PvP and whatnot.

My version of self control is quitting a game that I can no longer enjoy, sadly.

So no, the simple answer for me is: just make better game design and go back to previous progression models.
    Last edited by chooi; 2019-02-08 at 01:15 AM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

I guess Wildcard wont be getting US second.

:thinking:

Funny how people are still arguing yet the race meant nothing. A eu guild won but so what??. Nothing happended. People are so pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post

I guess Wildcard wont be getting US second.

:thinking:
    Now it is actually for interesting for US 2nd.