Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Smells like a fake for me, but we will see. It was month since Imperius release.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't normally buy into the "Horde vs Alliance favouritism" debate, but the representation IS kinda skewed...

Horde only have 6 heroes total:
    Thrall
    Garrosh
    Samuro
    Rexxar
    Gazlowe
    Sylvanas

Rehgar is neutral, so is ZJ, ETC isn't in the lore, Gul'dan is... questionable...?

Meanwhile Alliance has 11:
    Falstad
    Greymane
    Jaina
    Maiev
    Valeera
    Varian
    Muradin
    Yrel
    Malfurion
    Tyrande
    Uther

And now a 12th being added, with Anduin. It's a bit of a disparity
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I don't normally buy into the "Horde vs Alliance favouritism" debate, but the representation IS kinda skewed...

Thrall
    Garrosh
    Samuro
    Rexxar
    Gazlowe
    Sylvanas

Rehgar is neutral, so is ZJ, ETC isn't in the lore, Gul'dan is... questionable...?

Falstad
    Greymane
    Jaina
    Maiev
    Valeera
    Varian
    Muradin
    Yrel
    Malfurion
    Tyrande
    Uther

If you want to play heroes, the Alliance is there waiting for you!

To be fair, I'd rather have them add heroes with interesting mechanics than characters who would keep a perfect balance between factions/games. Just like I'd rather have them write interesting stories than balanced ones for WoW. But, if the heroes/stories aren't interesting, then at least they should be balanced so that people don't feel like they chose to play the wrong faction/game, that much I agree with.

The hell, that looks nothing like Anduin.

How many iterations will he undergo until Blizzard is satisfied?!

Thrall
    Garrosh
    Samuro
    Rexxar
    Gazlowe
    Sylvanas

Falstad
    Greymane
    Jaina
    Maiev
    Valeera
    Varian
    Muradin
    Yrel
    Malfurion
    Tyrande
    Uther

Valeera is Horde in BfA and if you exclude Rehgar from horde, you should also exclude Yrel as she isnt part of the alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    Valeera is Horde in BfA
    No, no she is not xD

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    No, no she is not xD
    Then look at 8.1.5 spoilers, as she comes to Jaina on behalf of Baine and the horde, it might be blizzard forgetting its own lore, but its right there

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Oh nice. The most unlikeable character in the Warcraft Universe made it into HotS. Meanwhile, Grom Hellscream is nowhere to be seen.
    Aw so edgy. Grom Hellscream, the guy that'd be so indistinguishable from Garrosh that adding him would be nerd fanservice and literally nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

Thrall
    Garrosh
    Samuro
    Rexxar
    Gazlowe
    Sylvanas

Falstad
    Greymane
    Jaina
    Maiev
    Valeera
    Varian
    Muradin
    Yrel
    Malfurion
    Tyrande
    Uther

Talk about literally scanning for things to be offended by. Sort them by race (what actually matters for game design) and there are actually more on the Horde side.

Goddamn children looking for things to cry about.

Valeera is Horde in BfA and if you exclude Rehgar from horde, you should also exclude Yrel as she isnt part of the alliance
    Valeera is technically neutral, but does more alliance-friendly work than horde work.

And both in-game and in lore, yrel is friendly to the alliance and hostile towards horde (in that join me willingly or be forced to join me sense).
    Last edited by Mardux; 2019-02-08 at 10:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Aw so edgy.
    Nah, sorry to burst your bubble, but people beyond edgelords dislike Anduin. Weird, I know.

the guy that'd be so indistinguishable from Garrosh that adding him would be nerd fanservice and literally nothing else.
    Garrosh is a melee warrior, there's literally no reason why Grom can't (or shouldn't) be a melee assassin.

Very excited for this. Based on his build, I'd say they're using Legion Anduin's look. So using Shalamayne, but still a squishy in cloth. Which is exactly what I wanted, so thank you Blizzard.

Bet one of his ultimates is him throwing his sword in the ground and channeling AoE healing. Not that different from Lili and Malf, but perhaps his other ult is interesting enough to compensate. The roster is getting quite crowded so there can be only so many unique skills.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Then look at 8.1.5 spoilers, as she comes to Jaina on behalf of Baine and the horde, it might be blizzard forgetting its own lore, but its right there
    Having remained close to the Wrynns and now serving as Anduin's personal spy and deliverer of secret messages that even Mathias Shaw didn't know about, Valeera was tasked by Anduin to send a letter to Baine Bloodhoof about initiating a meeting between Forsaken and their living relatives. Although Valeera admired Anduin's optimistic efforts to make the Horde and Alliance true allies, she cautioned him to be careful as it is likely that many would not support it
    You may have misunderstood her affiliation, because in game you see her speaking with Baine, but she is Anduin's personal spy and deliverer of steamy secret messages. Baine is basically an asset of the Alliance at this point, if it was any other member of the Horde, they'd have no way of contacting her.

She is... an Alliance member.

15+ Year Old Account
    Valeera is 100% Alliance.
    Her dealings with Baine were as Anduin's ambassador pre-BFA. Baine has always been a bit of a wet blanket and wants to end the war, so it stands to reason he would be using his old contact (Valeera) to make overtures

- - - Updated - - -

Aw so edgy. Grom Hellscream, the guy that'd be so indistinguishable from Garrosh that adding him would be nerd fanservice and literally nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

Talk about literally scanning for things to be offended by. Sort them by race (what actually matters for game design) and there are actually more on the Horde side.

Goddamn children looking for things to cry about.
    The only edgelord post here is yours, mate
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    Maiev is the head of the Wardens and they are neutral, she may be a Night Elf but in lore at the moment they seem to be both allied with the Horde and the Alliance.

Yrel is not a part of the Alliance - She went all "Deus Vult" in current lore and I don't want anyone to relate her too the Alliance - That they had the nerve to add her instead of Maraad as well is just a shame.
    after the burning of teldrasill, maiev seems to be heavily alliance sided

- - - Updated - - -

Thrall
    Garrosh
    Samuro
    Rexxar
    Gazlowe
    Sylvanas

Falstad
    Greymane
    Jaina
    Maiev
    Valeera
    Varian
    Muradin
    Yrel
    Malfurion
    Tyrande
    Uther

valeera isnt alliance, she doesnt care about faction, she is loyal to the house wrynn

I don't think Grom will ever be added, since there is Samuro covering WC3 Blademaster, but he wouldn't necessarily have to be like Garrosh. Based on his lore (his most known feats being axing Cenarius and Mannoroth x2), he could be made into a rather squishy tank killer. Part of his kit could work around him having less HP than his opponents (in absolute numbers, not percentages) and giving him significant buffs when attacking them. And then one of the ults could be the iconic execute from cinematics. The other one I can't think up, but it could be a passive further buffing his other skills, I guess - demon blood, maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Nah, sorry to burst your bubble, but people beyond edgelords dislike Anduin. Weird, I know.

Garrosh is a melee warrior, there's literally no reason why Grom can't (or shouldn't) be a melee assassin.
    I'm talking visually, I'm sorry that wasn't as painfully obvious as I thought it'd be. Remember that Blizzard wants each character to be interesting for as many people as possible. Another orc with a big weapon (would be the third/fourth one, and this one would be extra similar to Garrosh) is not a strong selling point.

And no, I'm not saying only edgelords dislike Anduin, I'm saying only a butthurt edgelord would say he was the worst/least interesting character in Warcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I don't think Grom will ever be added, since there is Samuro covering WC3 Blademaster, but he wouldn't necessarily have to be like Garrosh. Based on his lore (his most known feats being axing Cenarius and Mannoroth x2), he could be made into a rather squishy tank killer. Part of his kit could work around him having less HP than his opponents (in absolute numbers, not percentages) and giving him significant buffs when attacking them. And then one of the ults could be the iconic execute from cinematics. The other one I can't think up, but it could be a passive further buffing his other skills, I guess - demon blood, maybe?
    Again, read above. Visually different, not kit. That kit could fit a whole plethora of characters while being a lot more visually distinguished.

10+ Year Old Account

Thrall
    Garrosh
    Samuro
    Rexxar
    Gazlowe
    Sylvanas

Falstad
    Greymane
    Jaina
    Maiev
    Valeera
    Varian
    Muradin
    Yrel
    Malfurion
    Tyrande
    Uther

Actually Gul'Dan should be pinned with Burning Legion and Gazlowe mostly as neutral.

But i agree Alliance got more recongizable faces than horde atm.

Where is Vol'Jin, Cairne, Baine, Nathanos, Rokhan, Rastakhan, Lady Liadrin, Lor'Themar, Durotan, Draka, Grom, Blackhand, Killrog, Kargath, Ner'Zhul, Gallywix, Thalyssra, Mayla Highmountain. (Idk if Huln might fit) Saurfang or Nazgrel.

I was expecting someone cool like Deathwing(after they said they would bring heroes that the community have been asking a lot). But instead we got a cry baby, ffs.

Hope this is fake though.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I was expecting someone cool like Deathwing(after they said they would bring heroes that the community have been asking a lot). But instead we got a cry baby, ffs.

Hope this is fake though.
    There are pictures of Anduin's skins. Not a chance it's fake.