Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In before Heelvsbabyface makes a vid...

God damn it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A part of me, deep down, hopes that Blizzard and WoW falls. That way all the doomsayers on here can put down their pitchforks, go back to their huts, and maybe find a little bit of peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    this sounds nice on paper but there is no learning process here. They keep doubling down on such things. You can only get so many second chances, and this company used up theirs a long time ago.

And its not only the business practices, the whole philisophy changed. Blizzard fanbois defended the BfA alpha that blizzard was listening. And now we have documented prove from various member of communitiy (including high regarded theorycrafters) almost pointed out every flaw in BfA and got brushed off. After begging people after WoD to give them a chance. So no, i dont eve when some shit gets weeded out by law they are still gonna be bottom fo the barrel
    You say that, but if Blizzard goes under the PC gaming space is gonna feel so empty. I owe most of my PC gaming obsession to be rooted in Blizzard. Warcraft: Orcs & Humans was my first PC game. When I think of PC gaming outside Blizzard what other games companies offer as much as Blizzard do on PC?

I guarantee you 'if' Blizzard ever go under and are gone. I am gonna be playing PC games far less. Especially since the RTS genre is also dead, combine that with Blizzard gone then PC gaming is dead to me lol. At least until Cyberpunk comes out. I don;t think we realise what a big impact Blizzard has on people especially people in my generation :P

I do honestly believe Blizzard has lost touch with it's audience, where as once the company was a punch of white nerds and geeks who loved games is now just a company trying to fill a quota of society and making games second. But at the heart I still do believe they can make good games. And it is sad that the most anticipated games from Blizzard coming out soon are a remaster (Warcraft 3) and a re-release (WoW Classic). But if they can pull that big surprise out of their butts and get back on track I am with them all the way
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Hey, if blizzard comes out tommorow, makes great games again, and proves me wrong and everyone would laugh at me: I would welcome it. I like to be wrong. I dont belive it tho.

So at best i am indifferent about this company now, at worst i wish they would go under so the talented devs could flourish somewhere else
    They did that it was called Wildstar and it sucked. Rare's former employees did the same and they made Yooka Laylee it also sucked. Has there been an instance where former employees went elsewhere and made better games than what their initial company did? I did play 2 Point Hospital recently from former employees of Bulldfrog who made Theme Hospital, that was good, not sure if it sold well though?

Think that's the biggest problem, people are attached to brands not the developers who made it. Warcraft is a brand, people like Warcraft, if those devs left and went off and made another game under another company it probably wouldn't sell so well because it isn't warcraft. :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-02-09 at 01:21 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Hopefully they get rid of Ion and Josh. Two under-qualified idiots who ignore feedback and concerns of the playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

If the WoW team is only, in Ion's words, "around 180 people" then the hots team was never that large in the first place. With them using the term "hundreds" of people being laid off, it's very likely that many people from EVERY franchise will be losing people.
    Pretty sure Ion said there were 300 people on the WoW team, last Q&A.

And, if a restaurant isn't doing well, you don't cut the cooks, you cut waitstaff, and bussers and dishwashers. And you cut costs on ingredients, take some dishes off the menu, things like that. Cancel redecorating plans, cut advertising budgets, etc. Blizzard has over 3000 employees, doing all kinds of things, that aren't game development. They could fire the cafeteria staff. Cut admin budgets and make admins double up on who they support (that happened at a company I worked for, they cut the number of admins in the company in half the first round of layoffs.) Cut more phone support. Shut down small regional offices. Outsource marketing and sales.

There's also no sign that it's ANY devs, or people at that level, and in layoffs, last hired, first fired is usually how it's handled. They'd be more apt to let go shiny new art team members fresh out of art school, or customer service, than the game's director.

Lore I would not cry if they let him go.

I'd bet the WoW teams lose a couple people, 20, 25, and low level grunt types, not the big decision makers. They're not at the point of letting go of people at Ion's level.

Yet.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    "while we keep the availability focused on more active play."

Great way to say: "Level your toons if you want this mount! MAU's are dropping! We'll call this "more active play" and, maybe, we get some more BfA sells!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Pretty sure Ion said there were 300 people on the WoW team, last Q&A.

And, if a restaurant isn't doing well, you don't cut the cooks, you cut waitstaff, and bussers and dishwashers. And you cut costs on ingredients, take some dishes off the menu, things like that. Cancel redecorating plans, cut advertising budgets, etc. Blizzard has over 3000 employees, doing all kinds of things, that aren't game development. They could fire the cafeteria staff. Cut admin budgets and make admins double up on who they support (that happened at a company I worked for, they cut the number of admins in the company in half the first round of layoffs.) Cut more phone support. Shut down small regional offices. Outsource marketing and sales.

There's also no sign that it's ANY devs, or people at that level, and in layoffs, last hired, first fired is usually how it's handled. They'd be more apt to let go shiny new art team members fresh out of art school, or customer service, than the game's director.

Lore I would not cry if they let him go.

I'd bet the WoW teams lose a couple people, 20, 25, and low level grunt types, not the big decision makers. They're not at the point of letting go of people at Ion's level.

Yet.
    Literally one of the only posts here with any semblance of sense.

Sad thing is though I like Lore, it's just Blizzard kinda shaped him to be something he really isn't. I hope they let him go just so he can go back to actually enjoying life.

WOW is fine,blizzard is fine,ppl are mad and trying to blame devs for game thats perfectly fine.No1 at blizz will be layedoff.Stay mad babies.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

The company does need lay-offs.

Unfortunately not the people that are about to lose their jobs, but the ones that contribute to the decisions and directions of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The company does need lay-offs.

Unfortunately not the people that are about to lose their jobs, but the ones that contribute to the decisions and directions of the game.
    I feel bad for anyone who loses their jobs for reasons out of their control, especially if it's because of the poor decisions of executives.

Let's fucking hope Ion is fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    Remember when people use to say nothing can kill WoW?, lol looks like Activision not only killed WoW but multiple IPs.

The moment you locked basic MMORPG stuff like new races in Legion and in BFA with time gated mechanics along side trying your pathetic attempt at milking subs. This is what corporate greed gets you, a nice wait in the un employment line.
    You know you can hit the requirements by questing through the relevant section alone right? Is questing to tough??

Stop gating allied races behind rep grinds and maybe people won't stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Guess who will lose job? Ofc HOTS team.
    A lot of them got moved around already.

WoW going mobile confirmed

I love reading these threads because it is a ride watching people connect dots that aren't even close. "This is because of rep gating", "this is because of their sjw agenda" (I still have no idea what they are referring too), "(put nonsense anecdotal story here) and this is why I know blizzard is dying!". Cracks me up every time.
    Also they never stated where the layoffs are. Could be completely centered on the workforce for destiny, hearthstone, and overwatch, since, ya know, they quoted these sales as a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    What you are sure of doesn’t matter. Statistics say it’s doing well
    What statistics?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    "is it still stupidly rare? You seem to be actively encouraging people to farm it on as many characters as possible which doesn’t strike me as a healthy gameplay habit to be encouraging."

Is this guy for real? Like is someone pointing he with a gun and say to farm it?
    and thing is if they said "Your right, we are making it a 100% drop chance" i can imagine the shitstorm that would ensue of people mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

i still wish the would put bad luck protection on rare mounts :/

Quote Originally Posted by Monstafish2k View Post
    NA+EA combined has like 1.9milion wow subs... maybe even less. Those Activision shills may say what they want, i dont care since they are nothing but SJW whores.
    lol says who. EU has more than that alone, and NA 100% has more than that. you kid trolls picking numbers out of no where’s.