Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The air quotes imply that that is anything other than exactly what's happening.

China is a scary place. When it's not muslims, who else will they deem a threat and oppress to similar levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    Your sources stink, they either don't have anything to do with the topic or are nothing but whataboutism. You try to spin the whole thing to fit your narrative but this topic isn't about Chinese trade with other nations it's about their actions toward their own citizen. These days it's about the Uighurs but there are many many other atrocious crimes the Chinese government inflict on its own population like the falun gong organ harvesting INFO and before you say it's propaganda the organisation is run by a bunch of old holocaust survivors, they don't hold power and don't seek it, they're just in it because of what happened to them.

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to come of as credible by displaying a large list of information in the hopes people are not going to click on it and think you're credible? There are plenty of easily available and credible sources on the Uighur situation with just a quick google.
    Couldnt find anything of the few credible links he provided, that in any way confirmed what his imaginary friends told him, go figure.

I'll point them out since his random deflection "you didnt read them!" followed by more radical stalin-fanboyish nonsense.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-m...-idUSKBN1840UP

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/...103927503.html

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/...150517058.html

None of theese proves anything in regards to the camps in question, the guy was hoping that an overwhelming amount of links would make others go "can't be bothered"

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    Are you comparing deradicalisation to this shit:

One is clearly aiming to help kids and the other is political camp Soviet union style.
    You made his point far more strongly than he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Wait wait wait hold on. Are you actually saying Falun Gong deserved being imprisoned, tortured and murderer? Here you are spewing CCP propaganda and you want someone else to get educated? And the education you suggest is that someone go to more Internet forums. You have no fucking rasp at how astoundingly absurd that suggestion is.
    How fucking dare you tell someone else they’re uneducated with this blatant idiocy? You even insinuate a poster is paid by the CIA, while you sit here spewing actually Communist propaganda.
    I’m gonna turn it right around on you and say you sound exactly like an indoctrinated Chinese puppet. You should definetly stop reading Global Times.
    And who’s butt did you pull those numbers from?
    I remember Kangado posting how Finland should have been invaded by SU because we were run by nazis or something. Meanwhile in reality the largest party was social democratic party at 38% of the vote. I guess he just lives in alternate reality that's on opposite side of alt-right spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    Your sources stink, they either don't have anything to do with the topic or are nothing but whataboutism. You try to spin the whole thing to fit your narrative but this topic isn't about Chinese trade with other nations it's about their actions toward their own citizen. These days it's about the Uighurs but there are many many other atrocious crimes the Chinese government inflict on its own population like the falun gong organ harvesting INFO and before you say it's propaganda the organisation is run by a bunch of old holocaust survivors, they don't hold power and don't seek it, they're just in it because of what happened to them.

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to come of as credible by displaying a large list of information in the hopes people are not going to click on it and think you're credible? There are plenty of easily available and credible sources on the Uighur situation with just a quick google.
    What stinks about the site "But more interesting might be this website: https://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/chn/" ???

It is exactly what it says it is. And it really does have a LOT of interesting information.

It also led me to go off on some tangents. Like: about 20% of Chinese imports are to the US. I thought it was higher. We are an important trading country to them, but if US-Chinese trading came to a halt, then they, and us, would have a brief time of adjustment followed by back to prosperity. 10% of our imports go to them.

We are not as dependent on each other as I originally thought. And over time, I expect these percentages to decline as both countries are in the process of replacing US-China trade with trade with other countries. This I think is healthy for both countries. Our country should not depend on their economic results, and they are - or should be - delinking their county's economy from US results.

The point about Chinese trade starting to outpace US trade in various countries is also well supported, although as he factually said, you have to dig around for it.

And now back to the original topic: why is Turkey bringing this up? Look at the Turkish numbers for world trade.

Turkish Imports: China is the number 1 importer for them, and as he accurately said, China just dethroned Germany. $23 billion in imported Chinese goods.
    Turkish Exports: China is way down the list with $3 billion in Turkish exports to China.

So why does Turkey bring this up? As a bargaining chip to try and get China to import more Turkish goods. Follow the money, it ends up explaining almost everything. Turkey is also trying to play off China, the US, Russia, and Europe, or they SHOULD be anyways. If nothing else, this stunt DOES seem to have gotten them some world wide attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    What stinks about the site "But more interesting might be this website: https://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/chn/" ???

It is exactly what it says it is. And it really does have a LOT of interesting information.

It also led me to go off on some tangents. Like: about 20% of Chinese imports are to the US. I thought it was higher. We are an important trading country to them, but if US-Chinese trading came to a halt, then they, and us, would have a brief time of adjustment followed by back to prosperity. 10% of our imports go to them.

We are not as dependent on each other as I originally thought. And over time, I expect these percentages to decline as both countries are in the process of replacing US-China trade with trade with other countries. This I think is healthy for both countries. Our country should not depend on their economic results, and they are - or should be - delinking their county's economy from US results.

The point about Chinese trade starting to outpace US trade in various countries is also well supported, although as he factually said, you have to dig around for it.

And now back to the original topic: why is Turkey bringing this up? Look at the Turkish numbers for world trade.

Turkish Imports: China is the number 1 importer for them, and as he accurately said, China just dethroned Germany. $23 billion in imported Chinese goods.
    Turkish Exports: China is way down the list with $3 billion in Turkish exports to China.

So why does Turkey bring this up? As a bargaining chip to try and get China to import more Turkish goods. Follow the money, it ends up explaining almost everything. Turkey is also trying to play off China, the US, Russia, and Europe, or they SHOULD be anyways. If nothing else, this stunt DOES seem to have gotten them some world wide attention.
    I never said all links where bullshit, some of them weren't. Regardless none had anything to do with whether or not said camps talked about where a hoax or not. Fascinating economic data got little to do with proving conspiracy theories, which is what the posted I responded to was trying to do, therefore I said it stank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Ok what? It’s true, no need to be such a snarky twat about it. China bullies and extorts because its the only thing they can do. They will never, NEVER get away with open armed conflict. The true threat comes from China’s economical and political pressures, by which they pacify countries by literally buying them up or controlling other countries politically.

China is afraid of Japan and Taiwan for crying out loud.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait wait wait hold on. Are you actually saying Falun Gong deserved being imprisoned, tortured and murderer? Here you are spewing CCP propaganda and you want someone else to get educated? And the education you suggest is that someone go to more Internet forums. You have no fucking rasp at how astoundingly absurd that suggestion is.
    How fucking dare you tell someone else they’re uneducated with this blatant idiocy? You even insinuate a poster is paid by the CIA, while you sit here spewing actually Communist propaganda.
    I’m gonna turn it right around on you and say you sound exactly like an indoctrinated Chinese puppet. You should definetly stop reading Global Times.
    And who’s butt did you pull those numbers from?
    I'd just put him on ignore, Commielets aren't worth the time of day.

that's a PDF file not a re-education camp. One is a digital document the other is a physical manifestation of a degenerate system.

There are no re-education camps in Sweden, had you actually read that article you'd known (not your strong suit). The document speaks about an approach to de-radicalization based on lessons learned from different de-radicalization projects in various nations and their intended goals and what those methods accomplished. It's not just targeted at radical muslims but also at neo-nazi's and inmates convicted of hate-crimes and in none of the projects was kidnapping, forceful imprisonment and brainwashing a part of their strategy. By and large the projects focused on in that paper are on voluntary basis.

What drove you to this madness? The Netherlands is a nice place to live, their government might be a bit docile and tame but most people manage to live quality lives there. But more importantly communists are non-existant, the NCPN (dutch communist party) only got seats in a single county in the entire nation. What radicalized you?

I guess it's not surprising people aren't going crazy over the fact that Turkey cares more about turkic muslims than other groups suffering in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Whataboutism... There is no justification for "re-education camps".
    Not my point

10+ Year Old Account
    You want China to listen then you need to establish a Democracy. No Democracy then China don't care, China don't give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Well...It's not a uniquely Chinese trait to be honest. We in the US still have Guantanamo Bay despite of universal international condemnation, we pulled out of the Iran deal, invaded Iraq, renamed French Fries to Freedom Fries when the French protested too much, and on top of it all elected Donald J. Trump, the biggest "Fuck you! I do what I want!" we could have possible given to the world.
    Ok. I'm going to go in reverse order of what you said. Sadly gotta agree with you. No one actually calls them that non-ironically. Not sure what Iraq has to do with the topic at hand. Same with Iran.

And Guantanomo requires a bit more discussion. We cut a deal with the legimitate Cuban government to lease this land. That legitimate government was then overthrown by a communist dictatorship that our government has never accepted as legitimiate, who ordered us to get out. We've refused. We've actually done that before. The monarchist government in France gave us big loans to help us in the Revolutionary War. After they had their own revolution the new government there demanded we pay back the loans. We went "Why? You're not the guys we made the deal with. We don't owe you anything."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Well spoken by a country that has been oppressing the Kurds in every way possible, including imprisoning and massacring them for decades now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    You want China to listen then you need to establish a Democracy. No Democracy then China don't care, China don't give a shit.
    Why should they change to Democracy? America is in decline and China is quickly gaining on the US economically. There version of communism is keeping psychotic organized religions out and doing a great job of keeping them from getting a voice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I've often wondered why the Muslim world is quiet when it comes to the Muslim Uighurs situation.

Why do you think this is?
    Muslims probably will not talk about it because they base the spread of there religion on terror and China does not give them a platform for there terrorist tantrums. Looks like China found the solution for the terrorist based religion problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    When you are agreeing with China on something and live in a western country shitposting on an MMO forum you might want to re-evaluate.
    Lesser of the evils is the one that does not promote going back to the dark ages. China may be old school communist but that is better than primitive religious psychotics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because it's a hoax promoted by a bunch of countries who are panicking because nearly the entire Muslimworld had China become their biggest trading partner.

So people telling the truth?

OH MY FUCKING GOD THE IRONY
    Why hasn't this deplorable piece of shit banned? He is nothing more than a Chinese government shill spreading propaganda and conspiracies.

At this stage the Chinese government are quickly approaching Nazi level extreme. Between, this, Tibet, general cultural genocide, experimental and organ harvesting of prisoners and general disregard for justice and human rights....they need to be shut down.
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

This is the truth. China has been oppressing Uyghur Turks for quite some time now. Unfortunately, hardly anyone is strong enough to make China change their policies. People mention Kurds in this topic WRT human rights/oppression. This must be a joke. Kurds in Turkey fair rather well these days, even under Erdogan's authoritarian government. So, please get your fucking facts straight.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Kangodo,

Just make sure you do not find yourself in a fringe leftist "activist" group. You started to sound rather weird.

I've often wondered why the Muslim world is quiet when it comes to the Muslim Uighurs situation.

Clear case of pot and kettle.
    Funny those turkeys
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    What? Sorry, where are the reeducation camps in sweden?
    We might need to open a few seeing as we are one of the countries that produced the most ISIS fighters

https://www.nber.org/digest/jun16/w22190.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Protip Muslims:
    Europeans will take your shit, because they are pussies.
    Good luck expecting the same from the Chinese.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.