Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Subjecting people to manipulative, psychological assaults that scientists and market researchers develop in focus groups with the intention of brainwashing the masses into purchasing products they don't need is the farthest thing in the world from moral. Ads are inherently amoral if they employ psychological manipulation tactics as 100% of current ads do. Anyone attempting to serve these ads to me by force is considered a hostile combatant to my mental health. Adblock for me thanks.
    Are you LARPing as Alex Jones here? saying that stealing is bad means you want to brainwash people? Jesus Christ push yourself away from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Found the person who likes to steal.

If you like something, pay for it. Don't be a thief. You're listening to music that people want to get paid for, and you have the audacity to portray Spotify as the villain? Get bent, dude.
    The artists still get paid for it tho. They get paid $7 per 1000 streams. Its spotify that isnt making any money from the person listening because they arent showing them ads.

So if they allow the user to continue listening for "free", they will have to give less money to the artists to save costs. But if they kick the free listener out, the artists is getting less streams and will make less money anyway.

Either way, little known artists trying to make money, arent gonna do it thru spotify.

Why exactly is Spotify even a thing when YouTube exists?

I'm not sure you quoted the right person.
    How is not accepting a psychological assault theft? I think you missed the point of my post. I was saying if the price of admission is ads then I don't accept the charge and will not purchase. Previously ads could be blocked on spotify so they had my business. Now that they force psychological manipulation, I kindly decline the transaction, I don't plan to use the service in some illegal way or anything, circumventing the rules etc.
    You said they previously had your business, but you had no business? They received nothing from you. It's the equivalent of you standing in front of the free samples table all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Less bandwith for those that care, in my old job we were allowed to use spotify but not youtube for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I had a discussion the other day with my coworkers about acquired taste. They state "if you have to force yourself to drink it before you like it, it's not good and I'm not wasting my time doing that" I tried to counter with how it's my favorite tastes now but they arent having it lol. No idea how to change their mind. Idc what they do. Just thought it was an interesting train of thought.
    Funny how they have never experienced that if they challenge themselves a little, they can discover new things that can enrich their lives.
    "I've liked milk my whole life, so anything else is a waste of time"
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Funny how they have never experienced that if they challenge themselves a little, they can discover new things that can enrich their lives.
    "I've liked milk my whole life, so anything else is a waste of time"
    That's how I see it too lol. You would think the fact that millions of ppl across the world enjoy alcohol and coffee, they might try it a few times. Start with coffee with cream and sugar, or a fruity alcoholic drink, and then move on to the more specific tastes.

How is not accepting a psychological assault theft? I think you missed the point of my post. I was saying if the price of admission is ads then I don't accept the charge and will not purchase. Previously ads could be blocked on spotify so they had my business. Now that they force psychological manipulation, I kindly decline the transaction, I don't plan to use the service in secrecy or anything, circumventing the rules etc.

did you quote the right person? the person you quoted said stealing music is bad, that's it! nothing was said about spotify's business practices regarding ads. the fact you went on some deranged paranoid tangent about "psychological warfare" is what got my attention. when all was said is, "hey, pay for the things you like to support the people making it". I mean stop being so fucking dramatic and use a different music service.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Youtube, even though it has an incredible amount of music available, is a shitty music player. No order, random quality, it stops playing, you require adblock OR pay for premium I guess. Can't use it on a phone unless you pay or download some kind of hacked app.
    Mother pus bucket!

Poor choice of words, I meant traffic. Updated my post.
    Gotcha. Thays fair.

I'm doing exactly what you propose. So why so mad? See this is exactly why I think you are confused. We dont seem to disagree.
    you mistake anger as bemusement.

I'm more curious why you become so hostile when ads are shown in the light as they actually and factually are. You don't even need to dig deep to see how disgusting and manipulative ads are psychologically. Many people have spoken out and shined a light on it including many people responsible for the psychological tricks employed.
    lol.

I hate ads, that doesn't require being paranoid about them to feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    I'm using the factory default that came with the phone and youtube works just fine.
    Really? Mine stops playing once I turn off the screen, and when I read about it, the answers said that you have to have premium to allow it to keep playing while the screen is off. What kind of phone are you using?
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Really? Mine stops playing once I turn off the screen, and when I read about it, the answers said that you have to have premium to allow it to keep playing while the screen is off. What kind of phone are you using?
    Download firefox app. Go to the YouTube website. Click the option to keep it in desktop mode (not mobile mode). Yiu should now be able to minimize it. Sometimes I have to exit and reenter but it works.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone attempting to serve these ads to me by force is considered a hostile combatant to my mental health. Adblock for me thanks.
    Funny because last year you complained about the mobile site of mmo-champion and wanting a ad blocker for your iphone. So guess your mental health isn't that big of a deal when you actually care about the place with ads. I am going to guess you don't have a break down each time you drive down the freeway, walk down the street, read the newspaper, or listen to am/fm. do you watch sports? Because their goes your mental health.

People blow ads way out of proportion.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

And why would spotify give a single fuck if all the adblock users left, they have lost no money anyway...
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

10+ Year Old Account
    How is not accepting a psychological assault theft? I think you missed the point of my post. I was saying if the price of admission is ads then I don't accept the charge and will not purchase. Previously ads could be blocked on spotify so they had my traffic. Now that they force psychological manipulation, I kindly decline the transaction, I don't plan to use the service in some illegal way or anything, circumventing the rules etc.
    Saying that ads are psychological assaults is downright laughable. Not to mention that the price of admission is 10$, if you are not willing to pay, then you get ads. And if you are not paying nor listening to ads, then you are doing spotify no favors, you only want to listen to free music and steal from artists.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Do you want to lose millions of users to other platforms? because that's how you lose millions of users to other platforms.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

Subjecting people to manipulative, psychological assaults that scientists and market researchers develop in focus groups with the intention of brainwashing the masses into purchasing products they don't need is the farthest thing in the world from moral. Ads are inherently amoral if they employ psychological manipulation tactics as 100% of current ads do. Anyone attempting to serve these ads to me by force is considered a hostile combatant to my mental health. Adblock for me thanks.
    Better get off the internet too because nearly every website is based around a set of physlogical rules...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    Do you want to lose millions of users to other platforms? because that's how you lose millions of users to other platforms.
    As opposed to making no money? And believe it or not ad block is not as wide spread and rampant as any of you believe.
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    I predict Spotify can suck my dick.
    But will it swallow?