"You have entered too many instances recently" Love is in the Air

You are not supposed to get this message through the Dungeon Finder, yet here am I unable to enter a dungeon once the system puts me in a group. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Can't even farm this god damn stupid rocket now...

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Did half of my toons earlier, then got this message. Completed the rest later. Kinda stupid, didn't expect it.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Yeah, it definitely applies to dungeon finder now. Really annoying.

On the bright side, last time this happened they didn't kick me and I got the personal loot anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    This has always happened with dungeon finder if you are doing it with the same character. If you are doing it with different characters it's a bug.

The cap is 10 an hour on the account.
    So doing it on 10 characters on the same account will lock you out.
    1st char does is 10:21 then the 11th can do one 11:21 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    This has always happened with dungeon finder if you are doing it with the same character. If you are doing it with different characters it's a bug.
    No it isn't a bug.

Its always been 10 an hour on the account. So if you do 9 on one character and the 10th on another you are instance caped.

With that said I think its dumb and the cap should be removed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yeah, it definitely applies to dungeon finder now. Really annoying.
    Reallly? This is a big step back, what is blizzard thinking with this change
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

The 10 dungeon per hour cap has always been for the old regular way of doing instances, which is literally walking into it. But through the Dungeon Finder there was never a cap. I did this same event last year with 10+ toons and never had a problem.

Unless you are queuing ten tanks in a row, the wait should bring you almost close to not hitting the cap of ten if not hitting it at all, depending on time of day

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    Unless you are queuing ten tanks in a row, the wait should bring you almost close to not hitting the cap of ten if not hitting it at all, depending on time of day
    I've burned through it in faster than five minutes. If the queue is thirty seconds to a minute for a tank, that means you should (theoretically) hit nearly 20 runs in an hour.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe in years prior, you did the events slower/swapped toons and found groups slower than this year?
    AFAIK, it's always been 10/hour per account, normally entered or dungeon finder, so if your avg time to complete, including log in, find group, get loot, and log out is 6 mins or less, you are capping.

Yep. Dungeon finder should really be exempted from that limit. I have 12 L110+ characters, and will likely have to sit around waiting, depending on queue times for non-tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    The 10 dungeon per hour cap has always been for the old regular way of doing instances, which is literally walking into it. But through the Dungeon Finder there was never a cap. I did this same event last year with 10+ toons and never had a problem.
    This 10 instances / hour cap has always been in place, dungeon finder or not. I've been struggling with this on event bosses since their inception.

Yep. Other than the first day when queues are really fast, it's mainly an issue if most of your characters are tanks.

Still the cap should be removed from dungeon finder.

15+ Year Old Account
    This happened to me running Kara for Midnight almost every week until I got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thing hit a guild-mates wife a few years back during the HH event. We were running a guild night, swapping to alts then re-forming the group but when she tried to get in on her Mage it cockblocked her so she sat that run out and got in on the next one.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always been per account. It's always included instances entered through LFG. It was 5 for many years before being increased to 10. It should probably exclude single boss holiday encounter instances.