Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't know that. You don't know that either. Unless you are a member of the board at actiblizz.
    I know how corporate layoffs work. Clearly, you don't. When a bunch of people get laid off, it is almost never about
    the person or how they did their jobs. It's about cutting expenses, changes in strategic direction or any number of
    things that have to do with corporate not individuals. I got laid off from a company with a few hundred of my peers
    because the company decided to no longer develop the product we worked on. I've seen people who were excellent
    at their jobs get laid off because corporate wanted to reduce expenses and mandated that all organizations cut
    people.

So yeah, it's extremely unlikely that anyone got cut from Blizzard because they were bad at their jobs. Blizzard made some
    corporate decisions which landed on these employee's heads.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Lore treats the community like crap, barely does anything, promotes other games on his twitter and barely touches Blizzard games, meanwhile the people who actively engage with the community lose their jobs, guess being higher profile than your peers saves your ass right?
    Sounds like you having been following a little too closely on his life. Next you will tell me how he likes his coffee.

As for treating the community like crap. My impression is that the some of the community treats most people like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    That would insinuate there had been communication between the players and devs in the first place. There hasn't, for years.
    Indeed, it is obvious the playerbase doesn't want any serious communications given the state of the community response to any such communications.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Well him being on the chopping block is not a shock to me. I would be slightly worried had it been developers seeing as how Blizzard recently touted that BfA sold more than any other expansion.

Too bad since he seemed to enjoy his job, and it's always a bad experience losing income.

That being said, the "communication" going on between players and the company on forums rarely amounts to more than angry trolls lashing out at any announcement. Perhaps no wonder those positions are going.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I mean I'm good. Nothing personal against the guy, but I don't need or want a community "manager". I want a guy who will give consistent insight / feedback / announcements about the game. No derail / post about non game related stuff.
    "Insight" ain't their job, for the most part. That's the responsibility Ion has taken on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Indeed, it is obvious the playerbase doesn't want any serious communications given the state of the community response to any such communications.
    Yeah, God forbid players react poorly to statements such as "Don't just tell us you don't like pruning, tell us what specifically you dislike about it." Clearly the problem in terms of communication lies with the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Well him being on the chopping block is not a shock to me. I would be slightly worried had it been developers seeing as how Blizzard recently touted that BfA sold more than any other expansion.

Too bad since he seemed to enjoy his job, and it's always a bad experience losing income.

That being said, the "communication" going on between players and the company on forums rarely amounts to more than angry trolls lashing out at any announcement. Perhaps no wonder those positions are going.
    Whenever high level restructuring is mentioned by a company, "non-essential" roles are always the first to go. It's impossible to get more non-essential than the guy who responds to internet trolls. The shittiest part, though, are said internet trolls claiming victory over his position being eliminated as we're seeing some people do in this thread. That's an almost sub-human thing to do.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2019-02-13 at 02:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Why not Lore and Ion?
    Because they actually give us information, even if it's what some of us don't like to hear. Plus seniority.

Yth didn't, for the most part. It sucks that he lost his job, especially because he considers it his dream job, but he was only an assistant and even then, a lot of his posts were simply opinion posts with blue text.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    CMs manage the community
    Well slap my ass and call me Sally, I had no idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Yeah, God forbid players react poorly to statements
    'Poorly' is not the word I'd use ... 'like rabid dogs from a radioactive cesspool' is the more common reaction to even the tiniest thing announced.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    'Poorly' is not the word I'd use ... 'like rabid dogs from a radioactive cesspool' is the more common reaction to even the tiniest thing announced.
    Yes, I'm sure they're all downright deranged and bloodthirsty, and Blizzard is entirely blameless in the affair.

I suppose we'll be just as ignored as the EU now...

Considering how mods and cms on the forums are some of the most useless pieces of shit on this planet, who cares?

I've seen literally thousands of threads requiring feedback or support be ignored by these cocksuckers while they were busy posting the "I like pie! ^_^" threads or some nonsense.

Fuck them. Fuck them all.

Blizzard wonders why communication between them and the players has broken down...no shit...your fucking front line people who are supposed to gather good feedback from the players are too busy turning a blind eye to "walls of texts" which paint out in excruciating, EXEMPLIFIED, QUANTIFIABLE detail what the game's problems are.

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    Just absolutely fucking amazes me, all of you delighting in the fact that a human being lost his dream job today ('dream job' being his words, obviously very heartfelt). Behind the screen name of everyone online is an actual person. Some of you are really dead inside.
    I'm delighting in the fact that we no longer have to suffer a dipshit who regularly shitposted in threads where people were polite and gave detailed, constructive feedback on how to better the game. It's one thing to shitpost in stupid threads where people are whining about dumb shit. Doing it in threads where people were being civil and constructive like he did just makes you a sack of shit. I couldn't give a fuck less about his dream job. He embodies everything about Blizzard ignoring feedback back in alpha/beta that led to the state the game is in now.

Fuck him. The only thing is I'm not able to lick the tears off his face Cartman style.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    "Insight" ain't their job, for the most part. That's the responsibility Ion has taken on.
    Totally get it there, but that's also why I kind of view the CM job as unnecessary, doesn't provide anything of value to me the consumer. (personally) and from Blizzards point of view, likely provides even less value.

Wow, they have the money to pay tens of millions to all these CEOs, CFOs, COOs and C-whatever-sleeps-on-dollars people who don't care anyway, pocket their millions and jump ship to netflix, but they don't have enough to pay for GMs, community managers, forum moderators and other "non development" jobs.

No wonder feedback is ignored and customer service is mostly automated copy pasta answers, people who used to do that job are fired or left with skeleton crew.

The amount of threads, tweets, and all other forms of social media crying rivers about these layoffs, is enough to sicken me. If you don't personally know the person, you do not feel any level of sorrow high enough for them, to warrant mentioning it. If you do, then you quite possibly need to do some self reflection. (PS: you don't)

It's as if children were payed to comment on this recent bit of not-news from Activision\Blizzard. People lost their jobs, we get it. Maybe they were bad at their jobs, and that's why that got let go, maybe they were indeed good and still got chopped. If you were the lowest on the totem pole, and got cut, well. There's literally NOTHING to say then. If you were a good, hardworking and well performing employee, then that is indeed unfortunate, but the question arises, If you were the aforementioned type of employee and clearly weren't valued enough to retain a job, do you really wish, in hindsight, to have had the opportunity to continue working there? You clearly have a valuable skillset that you should be able to use, to attain another job. Get a better sense of your self worth if you were that employee.

If you don't have savings, or an emergency fund, that is your fault. If you are in an oversaturated job market, that is also on you, and most importantly, If you're not an individual with a skillset\resume good enough to be able to find employment after working at ActivisionBlizzard... I don't know how you got that job in the first place.

"To assist with the transition, we are offering each impacted employee a severance package that includes additional pay, benefits continuation, and career and recruiting support to help them find their next opportunity."

If you think that's a sad situation, then I suggest you mature a little before life makes you suicidal. I have no concept of what people assume life is like when they make these posts.

he posted a lot but never seemed to actually say anything. i also often found him to be patronizing (although bornakk is even worse in that department.)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    https://twitter.com/CadenHouse/statu...50053001371649

He was one of the main CM's on the US forums wasn't he?
    Yup. I'm glad though. While some of his responses were funny, most of the time he was just an ass.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.