Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    They’re not adults. 12 years old isn’t an adult.

And you literally want to kill children.
    Holy shit why do people defend scum for.
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

She exist in the country and she was fucked up and she needed help.

No you would need help and rehabilitation.
    What "help and rehabilitation" is this exactly? remember some guy shot and killed the man who kidnapped and abused?(can't remember) his 8 year old son, he faced no charges because the man was perfectly normal and didn't need help he only wanted vengeance and the law was ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Knowing the outcome of something doesn't mean you actually understand the gravity of the consequences.

You can ask a child what happens if you shoot someone what would happen. They'd reply that the person will die. They'll can even tell you that the person will be dead forever. What they can't do is empathize with what it's like to have lived on this earth for 20+ year and have someone to just shoot you over a car. They can't empathize with the parents who lost a child because they are a child. They can't empathize with the partner who lost a spouse because their longest 'relationship' was probably 2 weeks on the playground. They can't empathize with a kid who no longer has their parent at home for no reason except someone else wanted their parents car. Kids can't related to shit enough to empathize with shit. Hell you can tell the kid they are going to get life in prison but it really doesn't mean anything until they are in their 20s and can actually wrap their mind around what the next 20 years of their life will be like.
    Is it outlandish to assume that simply shooting someone would be something you should never do? Hasn't the kid ever watched a movie , a cartoon or the news? Hasn't he ever got in a fight and scolded for hurting someone?

Damn if we go by the logic that any kid could kill just because he ignores the fact he would end up in jail it's a very scary world we are imagining and suddently a kindergarden becomes more dangerous than a dark alley in the bad part of town.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Except you don't know that. This is why we have a legal system, hearings, trials. So the facts can be discerned. Yes, maybe the kids didn't know what they were doing, but to rule out the possibility they damn well did is plain foolish.

You've utterly convinced yourself that 12 year olds are too stupid and naive to see consequences, but plenty of 12 year olds are smart enough to know basic morals.

The kids get a trial, they get spoken to, they get help, whatever it is they need. The authorities will get to the bottom of this. In the meantime it's moot for you to completely assume with 100% certainty that the kids didn't know what they were doing, were unaware of the consequences, and/or had no idea killing is wrong.

Literally half this thread is just you making broad assumptions that you know exactly what's going on, with a concrete belief that the kids didn't know any better. How naive can you be? What kind of person just steps in and assumes they know what's going through other people's heads? It boggles my mind. Go ask the kids if they knew they did wrong. Maybe they'll know no better as you suggest. Maybe they'll turn around and admit they knew they did wrong. The point i'm making is, it's stupid to assume until you know for certain.
    I do know that, because science tells us so due to how the brain develops. I didn't say they didn't know what they were doing I am saying the consequences aren't clear.

Actually more than half of this thread is me stating facts about brain development and then people shooting me down because of broad assumptions such as "I knew what was right or wrong at 12!"

Neither are fine?
    So now you don't even agree with a prison system at all, do you just live in fantasy land where all the sick and twisted evil criminals and those who just refuse to obey the law will all be cured with the endless and infinite rehabilitation from nowhere we just make these programs and have all the staff and help and funding needed to do it all?

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Is it outlandish to assume that simply shooting someone would be something you should never do? Hasn't the kid ever watched a movie , a cartoon or the news? Hasn't he ever got in a fight and scolded for hurting someone?

Damn if we go by the logic that any kid could kill just because he ignores the fact he would end up in jail it's a very scary world we are imagining and suddently a kindergarden becomes more dangerous than a dark alley in the bad part of town.

Actually 12-19 or so is an EXTREMELY tumultuous time for children.

criminal activity is the highest at those ages, drug use is also at the highest violence is at the highest.

Children are at times near sadistic compared to adults.

Actually more than half of this thread is me stating facts about brain development and then people shooting me down because of broad assumptions such as "I knew what was right or wrong at 12!"
    Well thats because everyone is correct, everyone in this thread can claim they knew not to shoot someone with a gun by the age of 12, thats a fact everyone here can agree on and will back me up on, probably just not you? so are we to assume you were a bit of a moron as a child and maybe you were thinking hey yeah it might be ok to shoot people?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonballgtz View Post
    Bull fucking shit. They know they are committing crimes and know they will get in trouble for committing those crimes.
    Yes and you can tell a five year old that but that doesn't magically mean they understand what it means if they pull the trigger at uncle bob's head.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Caring family is the term I should have used , regardless as we both stated these murderers get caught because they can't possibly escape the law , still doesn't prove the kid that shot , or the teens who killed the girl's parents didn't know what they were doing.

The kids in this situation acted like gang members : driving a stolen car , packing a firearm , robbing a random dude with the intent of stealing his money and (i guess) fancy car .
    If you were raised right you'd known by that age you were in bad company around those people . Kids can act stupid but I don't believe they are demented drones .
    Final thought is that the gun's owner failed hard allowing a kid to acquire his weapon and has some kind of responsibility to it.
    You do not have to be a "demented drone" to not be legally responsible. THe human brain develops slowly all the way to 35 and we have to set that limit somewhere. Most experts seem to think that 18 is good so not sure why we need to dip down to 12.

This is a picture of a random 12 year old btw.

Yes and you can tell a five year old that but that doesn't magically mean they understand what it means if they pull the trigger at uncle bob's head.
    5=/=12 try and keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Well thats because everyone is correct, everyone in this thread can claim they knew not to shoot someone with a gun by the age of 12, thats a fact everyone here can agree on and will back me up on, probably just not you? so are we to assume you were a bit of a moron as a child and maybe you were thinking hey yeah it might be ok to shoot people?
    Except I am not claiming at any point that they don't know it is bad to shoot someone this is not my argument. You are making shit up and I rather you not make shit up, shit goes in toilets, not arguments.

The argument is children are impulsive, children do not fully think through consequences children to do not have forethought and because of that it is easier for them commit crimes with little care or thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    5=/=12 try and keep up.

12!=18+ try to keep the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Seriously. Why would you even want to protect these kids? Look what they did. Do you think they're gonna grow up and be productive members of society?
    They may. There have been cases where child killers did grow up just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    what a surprise, a couple black youth.
    Strengthens the statistics of african american population being lower they still commit most of the crimes.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    death sentence is alittle extreme in this case but I honestly wouldn’t feel bad about sentencing these little shits to a couple decades in prison.

Except I am not claiming at any point that they don't know it is bad to shoot someone this is not my argument. You are making shit up and I rather you not make shit up, shit goes in toilets, not arguments.

The argument is children are impulsive, children do not fully think through consequences children to do not have forethought and because of that it is easier for them commit crimes with little care or thought.

- - - Updated - - -

12!=18+ try to keep the fuck up.
    you keep changing the goalposts don't you, first you say half the people in this thread are saying X, then you say i'm making it up, but you just said half the people...

now you avoid the situation about shooting people and just broaden it to "consequences" this ain't stealing a chocolate bar this is shooting people with a fucking gun, but still you just broaded murder to "any crime"

then you randomly pull numbers out of your ass 5 10 12 18.

you know what morons like you get Themius has now been successfully added to your ignore list. You will now be returned to where you were.

now you get the help and rehabilitation you sorely need because your arguments are full of shit and i'm bored of it
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-02-13 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Strengthens the statistics of african american population being lower they still commit most of the crimes.
    Where do you get "most" from you totally literally made that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Yes I'm sure they will. They're gonna be amazing. You should take them all in.
    I don't understand this line of argument.

child killers can become well adjusted eventually.

You say I should take them in?

I'm not a psychiatrist with an expertise in child psychology and crime so why the fuck would I?

10+ Year Old Account
    They should be in prison for at least 46 years, the guy was 24, let's say he would have lived til 70, they took 46 years from him, they should remain in prison for that time.
    Life sentence with the possibility of parole in 46 years.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    You do not have to be a "demented drone" to not be legally responsible. THe human brain develops slowly all the way to 35 and we have to set that limit somewhere. Most experts seem to think that 18 is good so not sure why we need to dip down to 12.

This is a picture of a random 12 year old btw.
    Either way something has to be done to give justice to the deceased's family , a murder can't be dealt with simply with a slap on the wrist only because the killer is a minor giving, no punishment at this point is going to teach the kid he can get away with crime a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I really hope they try all of these pieces of shit as adults and they all fry. They are savages not human beings!
    Can you not be a human and a savage?