The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    "From @NFLTotalAccess: In December, I talked to 5 GMs and none had #Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray as a 1st-round pick. Today, I polled 10 GMs or top decision-makers... nearly all said "first round" with some saying Top 10." - Rapoport link to full bit

This is just....weird. Did he poll the same people? or has the opinion in the NFL shifted, despite there not really being any major changes since then (maybe a bowl game). That would make you think that decision makers in the NFL are fairweather and easily swayed one direction or another just by media reports and attention.

Really weird.
    Two things happened since then I'm guessing.

1. He won a Heisman. Which will inflate anyone's value.

2. A bunch more teams jumped into the QB market.

I think I saw a mock have him going 32nd to the Patriots. I expect when next week's mocks come out he'll have jumped into the top 10 with this news. If Gruden continues to make overtures like how Murray made him throw out his QB height rule, he probably jumps into the top 3.

And then some GM that's been told by the owner "you find a QB in this draft or you're out the next day" ships three firsts to the 49ers or Cardinals to jump ahead of the Raiders and then this draft turns into the last 3 drafts where we have a QB going 1, 2, 3.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    "From @NFLTotalAccess: In December, I talked to 5 GMs and none had #Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray as a 1st-round pick. Today, I polled 10 GMs or top decision-makers... nearly all said "first round" with some saying Top 10." - Rapoport link to full bit

This is just....weird. Did he poll the same people? or has the opinion in the NFL shifted, despite there not really being any major changes since then (maybe a bowl game). That would make you think that decision makers in the NFL are fairweather and easily swayed one direction or another just by media reports and attention.

Really weird.
    In December he was theoretically still committed to baseball. No sense using a high pick on a guy who will never play for you, or who might only come around as a fall back option. He would've been drafted sure, but there was a lot of uncertainty to account for that made a 1st round choice unwise.
    /s

Murray is clearly one of the top 2 QB prospects in this class, so he will go top 10 unless Elway and the Jags don't like him and no one trades up.

I fully expected Lock to go top 10 as well, but he just screams bust. Everything is about how well he interviews and how good his arm is, not how he plays the position. Not a good sign when those are his positives when his accuracy numbers are bad. Probably means Elway will draft him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Murray is clearly one of the top 2 QB prospects in this class, so he will go top 10 unless Elway and the Jags don't like him and no one trades up.

I fully expected Lock to go top 10 as well, but he just screams bust. Everything is about how well he interviews and how good his arm is, not how he plays the position. Not a good sign when those are his positives when his accuracy numbers are bad. Probably means Elway will draft him.
    Unless they trade up they're probably batting cleanup on the top 3 QBs. I expect 2 to go between the Raiders, Buccs, Giants, and Jags. Maybe even 3.

15+ Year Old Account
    Much better than the XFL. I don't know how many people watched or remember it but all those games were played on like HS fields. It looked and felt really amateur.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    If it's successful, the commercials will come, and it'll go to being the standard 3 hour affair.
    Sure, but for now I enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't help but think Gruden is hyping Murray so that there's one less team to take a defensive player from the line-up of Bosa, Williams and Allen if someone trades up to nab him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Unless they trade up they're probably batting cleanup on the top 3 QBs. I expect 2 to go between the Raiders, Buccs, Giants, and Jags. Maybe even 3.
    Legitimately this would be Gruden and Mayock's dream.

Man, February's the worst when your hockey team is mediocre. Counting the days to the combine and free agency, but even the draft isn't exciting when you're not looking for the franchise QB (for now).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Man, February's the worst when your hockey team is mediocre. Counting the days to the combine and free agency, but even the draft isn't exciting when you're not looking for the franchise QB (for now).
    Hey, at least we now have a renewed frenzy about Antonio Brown, that should carry us for a few days again. Just need 1 or 2 more controversies and it's Combine time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, at least we now have a renewed frenzy about Antonio Brown, that should carry us for a few days again. Just need 1 or 2 more controversies and it's Combine time.
    He'll be both controversies on his own.

One today for requesting a trade, one next week when the Steelers deny that request.

Oh and then March will roll around and we'll get the controversey about "will the Steelers transition tag Lev Bell?"

10+ Year Old Account
    "Raiders recently resumed working on a Coliseum lease deal that, if completed as expected, will culminate in their Oakland return in 2019. "In my view, the discussions have been meaningful and productive." "

Source: https://twitter.com/GehlkenNFL/statu...58015002603520

So after all the hubbub, Raiders are likely to just end up playing in Oakland still next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Raiders recently resumed working on a Coliseum lease deal that, if completed as expected, will culminate in their Oakland return in 2019. "In my view, the discussions have been meaningful and productive." "

Source: https://twitter.com/GehlkenNFL/statu...58015002603520

So after all the hubbub, Raiders are likely to just end up playing in Oakland still next season.
    Sounds like their only real alternative was using Levis Stadium, which the 49ers rejected.

Being a Missouri fan i fear for any team drafting him.great arm but every big time situation he just melted mentally. So i would be real happy to see Denver take him lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Breaking: Baltimore has agreement in principle to trade former Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco to the Broncos, league sources told ESPN. Trade cannot be processed until new NFL league year begins Wednesday, March 13. Teams prohibited from commenting on deal or terms surrounding it." - Schefter

Wow, did not expect that.

"Breaking: Baltimore has agreement in principle to trade former Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco to the Broncos, league sources told ESPN. Trade cannot be processed until new NFL league year begins Wednesday, March 13. Teams prohibited from commenting on deal or terms surrounding it." - Schefter

Wow, did not expect that.
    Well that is one way to avoid failing hardcore in the draft I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is it with bronco's and taking in old(ish) QB vets?

Elway would be the one dumb enough to go after Flacco. Can't resist bad tall QBs.

Elway would be the one dumb enough to go after Flacco. Can't resist bad tall QBs.
    ...that somehow managed to win Super Bowls

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you can add Case Keenum to the QB free agent pool.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess this means the Ravens have faith in Lamar Jackson being their starter. I'm not sold on him.

Keenum will cost 10 mill to release. Part of why it doesn't make sense. Paying 28 mill or whatever it will be for that 1 roster spot is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    ...that somehow managed to win Super Bowls
    He can thank Rahim Moore for that.