Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    @endersblade
    Boon of the Hoarder legendary gem paired with Goldwrap belt and Avarice Band ring pretty much makes you immortal in Bounties and Nephalem Rifts. Avarice band comes from Bounty Caches so I would search for it over trying to craft it. Do you run around with a cosmetic pet to help pick up all that gold?

10+ Year Old Account
    @endersblade if you want to try another waste barb build. My old one is a lot of fun. (it has been updated for this season)

https://www.d3planner.com/605209367

Just hold WW down and use your spear on mobs every 6 sec to trigger your bracers. Or to move them to a better place.
    Keep ignore pain up on elites otherwise just go on a murder spree.
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2019-02-01 at 04:13 PM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Completed GR67. I'm getting to the point where my DPS is OK, but even the weakest enemy can one-shot me lol.

What I've been doing is just farming GR60 (torment 13) and regular rifts to cap my Blood Shards on my Barb, logging into another character and hitting up Kadala to complete their gear loadout. Some of these classes I don't even want to ATTEMPT to play without the proper gear setup lol. My Wizard is 6/7 of the firebird set but still needs a weapon and some Cubed items, but only like 3/7 of Tal Rasha's, which is what I think I'm ultimately going to need. Crusader is about 4/6 on set, has shield and weapon, Necro is 4/6, has shield and weapon, and that's about it so far. I did finally get Monk to 70 after leveling a Gem of Ease to 60 for the exp buff.

I'm following build guides on Icy-Veins, and so far I'm going to make a Gargantuan/Zombie Dogs build for my Witch Doctor, Impale DH, Thorns Crusader, Singularity Mage Necro, but still not 100% on Wizard and have no ideas for Monk yet. The build my Wizard has right now 'works', but I can't push higher than about T8 before my DPS just tanks. It's fun to play, but isn't going to get my anywhere. Monk, I just can't figure out what would be fun. None of the builds I've looked at feel enjoyable.

I am sorry that my posts really just feel like a blog, but I'm hoping that it makes people realize, and convince some on the fence, that this game is worth playing, if just casually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I am sorry that my posts really just feel like a blog, but I'm hoping that it makes people realize, and convince some on the fence, that this game is worth playing, if just casually.
    Nothing wrong with it honestly. D3 is a very fluid game and combat is hooking.

The problem comes when you do another season after this one. Nothing actually changes, so it's not like you're doing something different. Getting the grasp of the mechanics morphs from enjoying the game more to clearing everything in no time.

Literally: i appreciate that you find your time in D3 extremely enjoyable, but to reach GR70 on a brand new char took me like 1 day and a half of playing - 3/4 hours (more or less) to get to level cap, get your Headrig, curbstomp everything.

That's basically why people burned out. Don't get me wrong, the feeling D3 gives is wonderful; but with no new stuff, everything revloving around sets and the game structure being extremely shallow you're going to exhaust the content in a very short time.+

This said, i fully agree with the "good casual game" part. It's been a long time i don't play D3, probably going to reinstall in a couple years maybe and dabble in it for a while again. But i've seen literally everything the game has to show and the eternal GR treadmill that gives no rewards whatsoever apart a Legendary gem level didn't appeal me at all back in time and doesn't appeal me now.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got Cosmic Wings a week into the season, solo'd a 110 as an Impale DH, then basically lost interest in the game. I was right about losing most of my interest once I got those and the wings for mastering all set dungeons.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2019-02-05 at 09:00 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I've never touched PoE, but I've had way too much fun on diablo 3 and I've played it as I guess most players did Diablo 2, a LAN game. Leveling up and trying to forge builds was awesome, at no point was I feeling like I was dealt a bad hand when looting. The dialogues are just great (except for the whole Azmodan chapter, what the hell happened there?? oO') and immersive.

I've played first at release and then a few months ago. Of course the removal of auction house made the game healthier with the addition of the RoS merchants.
    I've just had the best time playing the game. Then I was tempted to go full no-life farmer, but after my first key I was not convinced and didn't even tried harder. Maybe I should have, but I felt this was going to lessen the great experience I've had so far!

So I don't know about the "end-end game", but hell yes this is a great master piece! Let it be the dialogues, the settings, the procedural generation and npcs, beasts/demons you encounter, the pacing, the bosses, the visual effects and those wonderful soundtracks,... even if you're not a fan of hack'n'slash or adventure games, there's all you need to be a fan of diablo!

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems RNGsus has forsaken me. I have spent over 11,000 Blood Shards on my Witch Doctor and have not found a SINGLE item I need for him. At most, random junk legendaries. Mostly just rares. By this point the other few characters I've done this with had at LEAST a handful of pieces. Sigh.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems RNGsus has forsaken me. I have spent over 11,000 Blood Shards on my Witch Doctor and have not found a SINGLE item I need for him. At most, random junk legendaries. Mostly just rares. By this point the other few characters I've done this with had at LEAST a handful of pieces. Sigh.
    The logic of D3 is to get as much loot as possible for a few minutes of effort. So this means farming with a build that can clear Rifts/Greaters in sub 3 minutes as long as it's at least T12/13 as that's where set pieces will drop significantly more often (primarily T13).

Then you pour every resource into getting the item you need, such as shards, upgrading those yellows, crafting yellows, switching to that character and dumping shards on it, speed farming Rifts/Greaters. Upgrading items will always be faster than simply hoping an item drop is what you need, especially if the pool of upgrades is smaller.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Just get on your wd and follow around people speed clearing t13 rifts. get all the dbs and craft legendaries, roll bloods when you need to, pick up legendaries that drop for your class obviously, and let the group know what you're looking for in case they end up finding the items you need.

I log in for 1-2 days max each patch to clear out the hardcore seasonal campaign and this is how you get full bis gear with zero time or effort.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Just get on your wd and follow around people speed clearing t13 rifts. get all the dbs and craft legendaries, roll bloods when you need to, pick up legendaries that drop for your class obviously, and let the group know what you're looking for in case they end up finding the items you need.

I log in for 1-2 days max each patch to clear out the hardcore seasonal campaign and this is how you get full bis gear with zero time or effort.
    That requires playing with others lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    My problem with PoE is that I want to like it more because it has a few systems I like. It runs like crap on my computer for some reason and is a rough game.

I rather deal with D3 seasons where I have a good idea about when Ivw 'beaten' it versus the endgame grind in PoE.
    When do you think you beat D3? 70, full set, grift 100?

PoE may have a really long endgame, but it does not have infinite progression (positive in my eyes).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    When do you think you beat D3? 70, full set, grift 100?

PoE may have a really long endgame, but it does not have infinite progression (positive in my eyes).
    It isn't infinite, but it suffers greatly from diminishing returns. The closer you are to 100 the less xp you get per kill and the more you need to level.

But you pointed out a problem with modern gamers. Why does there have to BE an 'end'? My Barbarian is bedecked in all the gear I wanted to get for him, and while I haven't pushed GR100 by any means (I can BARELY do GR70), I am perfectly happy to just log in and whirlwind shit to death. I kinda thought that was the whole point of gearing your character - so you can enjoy it in all its glory. But no, people don't want to do that. They want to progress endlessly. They always want a carrot on a stick, instant gratification, constant rewards and upgrades, more content to consume.

And that's why PoE's endgame is like it is. They have no paragon system, no way to progress once you hit 100 (other than min-max'ing your gear), just endless grinding of random maps. At least in D3 you have the paragon system, which, to my knowledge, HAS no cap, and also just makes you run random maps ad nauseam. I guess the only bonus PoE has is that you can completely craft your own 'perfect' gear given enough time and currency, whereas in D3 you're still limited to random rerolls or using the enchanter to change ONE thing.

It isn't infinite, but it suffers greatly from diminishing returns. The closer you are to 100 the less xp you get per kill and the more you need to level.

But you pointed out a problem with modern gamers. Why does there have to BE an 'end'? My Barbarian is bedecked in all the gear I wanted to get for him, and while I haven't pushed GR100 by any means (I can BARELY do GR70), I am perfectly happy to just log in and whirlwind shit to death. I kinda thought that was the whole point of gearing your character - so you can enjoy it in all its glory. But no, people don't want to do that. They want to progress endlessly. They always want a carrot on a stick, instant gratification, constant rewards and upgrades, more content to consume.

And that's why PoE's endgame is like it is. They have no paragon system, no way to progress once you hit 100 (other than min-max'ing your gear), just endless grinding of random maps. At least in D3 you have the paragon system, which, to my knowledge, HAS no cap, and also just makes you run random maps ad nauseam. I guess the only bonus PoE has is that you can completely craft your own 'perfect' gear given enough time and currency, whereas in D3 you're still limited to random rerolls or using the enchanter to change ONE thing.
    Modern gamers? The deal with games/media having an end is something that only really became a thing in recent years. They used to always have an end. A story isn't satisfying if there's never an end.

You also contradict yourself: you seem to say D3 is better because it has infinite progression, but you ridicule people wanting progression? Make up your mind.

Reaching level 100 in PoE is no small feat, and maps, while far deeper than rifts (basically customizable rifts on a game with a ton more random events than D3 has), is not the only endgame.

What is there in D3 beyond grifts?

I'll be fair though, PoE does actually have some infinite content these days, although it isn't accompanied by infinite progression: delves.

Going to reinstall Diablo 3 right now. Underrated game in 2019.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the bad luck for the WD continues...I'm trying to get the Helltooth set. In the process of Kadala'ing (yes, I just made that a verb), I have put together 100% of TWO other sets and am missing 1 piece from the 3rd, and in that time I have found ONE Helltooth piece. Yikes.

I think the Spider set is interesting, and gives a straight 9000% damage boost to animal related attacks. I may, while waiting for the rest of my pieces, give that set a go and build around it. It may not be top tier quality but it should be fun enough. I love throwing jars of spiders at things lol.

I've slowly been building an Impale Demon Hunter as I speed run with Unhallowed. Yesterday I finally completed it and decided it to test it out on T13 Uber Bosses. The keybindings are completely different between the two builds so I made plenty of mistakes but I'm happy to say it only took 1-2 impale throws to kill them. Time to test it on some higher GR's!
    I've hit a wall at GR95 and can't seem to get past it. I've attempted it with a Jade Doc, D6M4 Demon Hunter, and Unhallowed Demon Hunter. I keep switching things up instead of getting better at one thing. The grass just seems greener on the other side. Impale Demon Hunter will be attempt #4.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Got to GR 83 as Vyr Archon Chantodo Lightning build.

Right now still lots of room to improve as far as ancient items and legendary gem levels go.

I feel like it does more damage out of Archon (but with stacks) with Arcane Torrent however (Manald Heal paralyze procs with extra modifiers to ALL damage with Deathwish/Mantle of Channeling).

Archon Disintegrate also doesn't work with Taeguk unlike Arcane Torrent.
    Last edited by Teri; 2019-02-13 at 01:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    just broke into GR100 as ik6/r2 charge barb w/ Seismic Slam

man I was pushing as a ik HotA since the beginning of the season and it just was NOT working .. too slow mostly, i am so happy I switched to this charge barb variation

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Nothing wrong with it honestly. D3 is a very fluid game and combat is hooking.

The problem comes when you do another season after this one. Nothing actually changes, so it's not like you're doing something different. Getting the grasp of the mechanics morphs from enjoying the game more to clearing everything in no time.

Literally: i appreciate that you find your time in D3 extremely enjoyable, but to reach GR70 on a brand new char took me like 1 day and a half of playing - 3/4 hours (more or less) to get to level cap, get your Headrig, curbstomp everything.

That's basically why people burned out. Don't get me wrong, the feeling D3 gives is wonderful; but with no new stuff, everything revloving around sets and the game structure being extremely shallow you're going to exhaust the content in a very short time.+

This said, i fully agree with the "good casual game" part. It's been a long time i don't play D3, probably going to reinstall in a couple years maybe and dabble in it for a while again. But i've seen literally everything the game has to show and the eternal GR treadmill that gives no rewards whatsoever apart a Legendary gem level didn't appeal me at all back in time and doesn't appeal me now.
    Thats what im saying. They have potentially a lot of content but they just zip you thru most of it at a million miles per hour so you do everything in the entire game in just a few hours. Its effectively giving you God Mode and, as we know, players cry and whine for god mode and once they get it, they kill everything super fast and then say “this sucks. Im bored.” And they quit.

D3 is a disaster.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    I've slowly been building an Impale Demon Hunter as I speed run with Unhallowed. Yesterday I finally completed it and decided it to test it out on T13 Uber Bosses. The keybindings are completely different between the two builds so I made plenty of mistakes but I'm happy to say it only took 1-2 impale throws to kill them. Time to test it on some higher GR's!
    I've hit a wall at GR95 and can't seem to get past it. I've attempted it with a Jade Doc, D6M4 Demon Hunter, and Unhallowed Demon Hunter. I keep switching things up instead of getting better at one thing. The grass just seems greener on the other side. Impale Demon Hunter will be attempt #4.
    Ha, excellent to hear! I absolutely HATE playing DH...the constant moving and key binds and stuff are just too much work. I do plan on going Impale though.

So far, this is what I have:

Barbarian Build: 99%, though I use different rings.
    Crusader Build: Just need the belt.
    Demon Hunter Build: Uh...I think I have the offhand? Lol
    Monk Build: Have about 4/6 pieces of Inna's set, 0/6 Sunwuko. Have bracers.
    Necromancer Build: Have most of it, think I'm just missing the rings.
    Witch Doctor Build: Missing one ring and the belt.
    Witch Build: Have full Firebird, 4/6 Tal Rasha's, missing Cube items, missing weapon (I cubed the one I found lol).

Overall, now that I have gear for them, I am REALLY enjoying the Witch Doctor and Necromancer. I've always liked pet classes in games and this is no exception. While both of them can survive just fine, they struggle to push quickly...they just don't seem to move very quickly, even using their movement abilities on CD. I have most of the gear for the Crusader but I haven't played it at all yet, so I don't know what it's like. Witch is switching from the ridiculous build I was using to the more focused one I linked, thankfully she already had most of it. Monk and DH haven't really been touched at all, I've been working on getting gear for the Monk and once she's mostly done, I'll do the DH. Last class to get the gear. I randomly found the DH off-hand on my Barb lol. So she at least has that.

Barb is still my number 1 go to. Though I really wish there was a way to set your loot drops to STR, INT, or DEX...would make gearing up your followers a LOT easier, as well as getting drops for your other characters. I still can't clear a GR in under 2 minutes, the best I've done is like 2:20 or something. I also can't push past GR70. I farm 65 to level gems as high as I can, but I normally farm GR60 (Torment 13) when going for just blood shards. He still needs the belt from that guide, I'm currently using the one that causes an Avalanche when you use Ground Stomp. I find it does amazing DPS when I pull in large groups. But I haven't managed to find a Pride of Cassius belt. The rings I'm using are Focus + Restraint, the 50% increased damage while WW'ing is awesome...I don't like the playstyle of playing around Convention of Elements, so I won't be getting that. I'm thinking of doing Obsidian Ring + Unity for better survivability.